Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    OK at least we agree on tomorrow. I was responding to the "he needs to go to a program at the next level" comment. I just don't' believe coaches have to go to the ACC/SEC schools to prove themselves. He would have more resources and if anything success would be expected at those schools and be less of an accomplishment.
    I was the poster that said Jim needs to step up. He won a NCAA D2 National Championship at Lynn, then took the next step by going to a "small" D-1 program. Great move! He has done as much as he can do at FGCU in my opinion. All good for him and great for the school! They win the conference every year then get beat in the first round of the NCAA tournament, again, each year. He was voted the #6 best coach in the nation! Again, great for him, but do not think for a minute that he is not all giddy about that last award. It is plastered all over the FGCU website and the future camp info brochures. Nothing wrong with that except the fact that they play in a weak conference. If you really think you are the #6 coach in the country then go prove it on the biggest stage which would be to coach at the highest level in college where you have to have more than one really great player to win your conference title! You have to find an entire team so that you have depth on the bench, not just the starting 11. I have no doubt that he can handle this as he has a keen eye for talent and knows the game of soccer as good as any coach in the country. It is time to move on to the next level JB! The Univ of Miami needs a good coach now!

Comment

I was the poster that said Jim needs to step up. He won a NCAA D2 National Championship at Lynn, then took the next step by going to a "small" D-1 program. Great move! He has done as much as he can do at FGCU in my opinion. All good for him and great for the school! They win the conference every year then get beat in the first round of the NCAA tournament, again, each year. He was voted the #6 best coach in the nation! Again, great for him, but do not think for a minute that he is not all giddy about that last award. It is plastered all over the FGCU website and the future camp info brochures. Nothing wrong with that except the fact that they play in a weak conference. If you really think you are the #6 coach in the country then go prove it on the biggest stage which would be to coach at the highest level in college where you have to have more than one really great player to win your conference title! You have to find an entire team so that you have depth on the bench, not just the starting 11. I have no doubt that he can handle this as he has a keen eye for talent and knows the game of soccer as good as any coach in the country. It is time to move on to the next level JB! The Univ of Miami needs a good coach now!
      I suspect UMiami will keep the coach they have for one more year. They have been paying two coaches since they fired the previous one. Probably do not want to do that again. MFM probably has 3-year contract so next year she better produce. JB would be great for that job and I agree that he needs to step up a level for continued growth.

Comment

I suspect UMiami will keep the coach they have for one more year. They have been paying two coaches since they fired the previous one. Probably do not want to do that again. MFM probably has 3-year contract so next year she better produce. JB would be great for that job and I agree that he needs to step up a level for continued growth.
        Miami does have a problem with the coaches they hire. TA was an abusive idiot. Their football coach made bad hirs for his assistants and they gave him the boot but kept the assistants(???). I do agree they will not fire MFM until her contract is complete. That would be another bad mark on the AD's resume which would put him on the hot seat if he is not there already!

Comment

UF and their 15 freshman will take the bet.
          You mean the 15 freshmen on the 40 player UF roster. Becky just needed extra water girls this year!

Comment

Let me educate the ignorant. In the 2014 NCAA Women's Soccer Tournament the SEC and ACC played against each other 6 times and the matches were at tie SEC 3 Wins ACC 3 Wins. You can keep looking back all you want, but Clemson, Notre Dame, and UNC were all defeated by SEC teams.

The ACC is slipping a little every year.

And for that Noles fan, please remember who beat you 2 times in a row...yes GO GATORS!!!
            Oops! Looks like the SEC is "slipping" this year! Those "southern" Carolina girls will not be knocking off those "northern" Carolina girls this year. North Carolina sent their "practice squad" from the east to take care of that "cocky" team from south of the border!

Comment

You mean the 15 freshmen on the 40 player UF roster. Becky just needed extra water girls this year!
              Becky keeps that many in order to have extra practice gear so that she has a wardrobe. Bag Lady would not what to wear without it.

Comment

Oops! Looks like the SEC is "slipping" this year! Those "southern" Carolina girls will not be knocking off those "northern" Carolina girls this year. North Carolina sent their "practice squad" from the east to take care of that "cocky" team from south of the border!
                Colonial Athletic Association rules!! SEC is lame in comparison.

Comment

Colonial Athletic Association rules!! SEC is lame in comparison.
                  Sorry it took so long to respond. I had to look up who plays in the CAA. Not sure if the CAA rules women's soccer with the 3 out of 4 wins in Round 1, but it is a nice start. I would say that the CAA is the Cinderella conference of the NCAA tournament so far! Best of luck to all three of the teams??? from the CAA! (sorry, I have already forgotten their names!)

Comment

Sorry it took so long to respond. I had to look up who plays in the CAA. Not sure if the CAA rules women's soccer with the 3 out of 4 wins in Round 1, but it is a nice start. I would say that the CAA is the Cinderella conference of the NCAA tournament so far! Best of luck to all three of the teams??? from the CAA! (sorry, I have already forgotten their names!)
                    With all the benefit of the doubt the ACC and SEC teams get, there are only a hand full of teams that deserve it. Many have losing records and they would have losing records if they were in other conferences too.

Comment

With all the benefit of the doubt the ACC and SEC teams get, there are only a hand full of teams that deserve it. Many have losing records and they would have losing records if they were in other conferences too.
                      Agree they are over rated and most are ranked higher than they should be. Look at LSU, they got spanked by a non ACC or SEC team yesterday. More and more elite players are realizing this and you will soon see unpopular conference teams making a bigger statement on the national scene.

Comment

Agree they are over rated and most are ranked higher than they should be. Look at LSU, they got spanked by a non ACC or SEC team yesterday. More and more elite players are realizing this and you will soon see unpopular conference teams making a bigger statement on the national scene.
                        Back to the $10 bet...I bet that no mid-major D-1 school makes it to the round of 8. I also bet that an ACC school makes it to the finals. You may see an "unpopular conference team" win a game or two in the playoffs (called Cinderella teams!), but those teams are not stacked throughout their line-up like the major conference teams. They will lose when the pressure is greater on those weaker players in their lineups, and they start making critical mistakes down the stretch. The major conference teams experience that pressure all year long playing very tough non-conference schedules to go along with their grueling conference schedules. And by the way, LSU beats that S Alabama team 9 out of 10 times. LSU is a young team and they will be back stronger than ever next year. The S Alabama team is loaded with seniors and took advantage of a slow start by LSU. They will not be so lucky against FSU as the Seminoles are a much better coached team and they will not get caught looking ahead. An interesting game for one of your teams will be one of our Florida teams, FGCU versus Duke. Duke is a young team and they could get beat by this veteran FGCU team. Duke has been playing much better as their season has gone on so it should make for a good game. Duke wins 2-1 IMO.

Comment

Are you upset that they took 40 players and not your daughter? Why do you say they have 40 players on their roster when it is more like 30?

UF must allow girls to stay even though they will not play, that's not the case at FSU you will notice Scarpa and Hahn were on FSU last year and play for Vandy and LSU respectively I guess Coach Becky is nicer than Frankenstine.

FSU roster 20 - 8 FLA girls - 8 FLA host girls for the foreign players who start.
                          USF roster 29 - 16 FLA girls
                          Miami roster 23 - 3 FLA girls - 3 FLA players NO WONDER THEY SUCK.
                          UCF roster 27 - 14 FLA girls
                          FGCU roster 27 - 14 FLA girls
                          Florida roster 32 - 12 FLA girls

Comment

UF must allow girls to stay even though they will not play, that's not the case at FSU you will notice Scarpa and Hahn were on FSU last year and play for Vandy and LSU respectively I guess Coach Becky is nicer than Frankenstine.
                            Guess that depends on your definition of "nice." "Hey kid, you can be on the team but you'll hardly ever play and will definitely not play any meaningful minutes" is not really all that nice. "You won't play and I will help you find a play where you will" is much "nicer" IMHO.

I'll take Frankenstein (All you Gaters, please note correct spelling) over Bag Lady any day.

Comment

Guess that depends on your definition of "nice." "Hey kid, you can be on the team but you'll hardly ever play and will definitely not play any meaningful minutes" is not really all that nice. "You won't play and I will help you find a play where you will" is much "nicer" IMHO.

I'll take Frankenstein (All you Gaters, please note correct spelling) over Bag Lady any day.
                              Haha yes, note the correct spelling you "gaters."

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                                what a shame that men's college soccer suffers to support women's soccer! No wonder the mnt cannot compete at the world level when the women do.
                                men's soccer might suffer from american football; between scholarships, high school popularity and concusions... The later is taking its toll. How many boys died from concussions this year in florida football, eight or so?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X