Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Bet ya $10 SEC teams win more of the games they play against ACC teams. FLA, T A&M, SC, Mizzu, Auburn and Ole Miss will all dust ACC teams they face.
    Only one SEC team has ever even made it to the finals in 32 years, which was Florida and they won it all in 1998. From what I see, an ACC team made it to the finals all but a few years. Finals are dominated by the ACC and PAC 10. Doesn't seem like a good bet to me. ACC is the toughest conference in women's D1 soccer.
    GO NOLES!!!!!!!

Comment

Only one SEC team has ever even made it to the finals in 32 years, which was Florida and they won it all in 1998. From what I see, an ACC team made it to the finals all but a few years. Finals are dominated by the ACC and PAC 10. Doesn't seem like a good bet to me. ACC is the toughest conference in women's D1 soccer.
      GO NOLES!!!!!!!
      ACC has the most teams ranked in the Top 25 right now (7)!!!

Rankings - NCAA Women's Soccer RPI
      Last Updated - November 11, 2015
      NCAA Women's Soccer RPI

RANK NAME CONFERENCE W-L ROAD NEUTRAL HOME NON-DI
      1 Florida St. Atlantic Coast 14-2-4 4-2-2 2-0-1 8-0-1 0-0-0
      2 Penn St. Big Ten 16-3-2 6-2-1 0-0-0 10-1-1 0-0-0
      3 Virginia Atlantic Coast 16-1-2 6-0-1 1-0-1 9-1-0 0-0-0
      4 Rutgers Big Ten 16-3-2 3-3-1 3-0-0 10-0-1 0-0-0
      5 Stanford Pac-12 16-2-1 7-1-0 0-0-0 9-1-1 0-0-0
      6 Florida Southeastern 17-3-1 8-2-0 3-0-0 6-1-1 0-0-0
      7 West Virginia Big 12 16-2-1 4-0-1 2-2-0 10-0-0 0-0-0
      8 UConn AAC 17-3-0 7-2-0 1-1-0 9-0-0 0-0-0
      9 Clemson Atlantic Coast 13-4-1 6-2-0 0-1-0 7-1-1 0-0-0
      10 Notre Dame Atlantic Coast 13-4-1 3-3-1 0-0-0 10-1-0 0-0-0
      11 South Fla. AAC 15-3-3 6-3-1 3-0-1 6-0-1 0-0-0
      12 Virginia Tech Atlantic Coast 14-3-2 6-2-0 1-0-0 7-1-2 0-0-0
      13 Duke Atlantic Coast 10-5-4 3-2-3 2-0-0 5-3-1 0-0-0
      14 Auburn Southeastern 14-5-1 5-3-0 0-1-1 9-1-0 0-0-0
      15 North Carolina Atlantic Coast 14-4-1 5-2-0 2-1-1 7-1-0 0-0-0
      16 South Ala. Sun Belt 17-2-2 8-1-0 4-0-1 5-1-1 0-0-0
      17 Texas Tech Big 12 13-3-5 3-0-4 4-1-0 6-2-1 0-0-0
      18 California Pac-12 13-5-3 5-3-2 0-1-1 8-1-0 0-0-0
      19 BYU West Coast 15-2-2 4-2-2 1-0-0 10-0-0 0-0-0
      20 Southern California Pac-12 14-5-1 7-3-0 1-2-0 6-0-1 0-0-0
      21 Hofstra Colonial 13-5-1 5-2-1 1-1-0 7-2-0 0-0-0
      22 Cal St. Fullerton Big West 16-3-1 5-2-1 2-0-0 9-1-0 0-0-0
      23 Texas A&M Southeastern 15-6-1 4-4-1 2-1-0 9-1-0 0-0-0
      24 Santa Clara West Coast 13-5-2 6-3-1 1-0-0 6-2-1 0-0-0
      25 UCF AAC 12-6-1 4-3-1 1-1-0 7-2-0 0-0-0

Comment

Go Gators!

and if not the Gators, I'd pull for FSU, FGCU, UCF, or USF. Florida teams owned at women's college soccer this year. SEC, ACC tournament champions. FGCU won their conference championship. USF lost in the final of their. Way to represent FLORIDA ladies.
        FGCU always wins their conference because it is a joke of a women's soccer conference! Jim needs to man up to his Top 10 USA Coach Award and coach at a higher level. Do not get me wrong as JB is a great coach at this level, but I feel strongly that he needs to take over a program in the ACC or SEC. Miss State and NC State both need new coaches!

As far as the $10 bet, I will take you up on it! Virginia, FSU, UNC, the "full of Dukies", Clemson, Va Tech are all stout and play against each other in the toughest women's soccer conference in all of D1 NCAA. The SEC probably falls in somewhere behind the PAC 12 (or 10???)

Comment

FGCU always wins their conference because it is a joke of a women's soccer conference! Jim needs to man up to his Top 10 USA Coach Award and coach at a higher level. Do not get me wrong as JB is a great coach at this level, but I feel strongly that he needs to take over a program in the ACC or SEC. Miss State and NC State both need new coaches!

As far as the $10 bet, I will take you up on it! Virginia, FSU, UNC, the "full of Dukies", Clemson, Va Tech are all stout and play against each other in the toughest women's soccer conference in all of D1 NCAA. The SEC probably falls in somewhere behind the PAC 12 (or 10???)
          FGCU defeated UF, UCF, Dayton, Wake Forest and tied Ole Miss this season - he's doing fine where he is.

Comment

GO NOLES!!!!!!!
            Let me educate the ignorant. In the 2014 NCAA Women's Soccer Tournament the SEC and ACC played against each other 6 times and the matches were at tie SEC 3 Wins ACC 3 Wins. You can keep looking back all you want, but Clemson, Notre Dame, and UNC were all defeated by SEC teams.

The ACC is slipping a little every year.

And for that Noles fan, please remember who beat you 2 times in a row...yes GO GATORS!!!

Comment

FGCU defeated UF, UCF, Dayton, Wake Forest and tied Ole Miss this season - he's doing fine where he is.
              What planet are you living on? Exhibitions do not count as wins as they are not even regular season non-conference games. Exhibitions hold as little as a temporary bragging on the underdogs campus. The fact is an exhibition game carries no weight in regard to rankings or RPI and are certainly never used to consider a bubble teams entry into the NCAA tournament.

So that dilutes your above statement, because when FGCU played UF (3- 30 minute periods) and UCF, those were BOTH exhibitions. And here is a factoid for you to chew on (but you probably already knew this), JB only used a few subs each of those games. Meanwhile UF and UCF played every eligible player on their roster! Yes, this is what BIG soccer programs do during exhibition games, they sort through their roster, while less than mid majors play all of their starters and hope to equalize or win. When they do equalize or win an exhibition, they pump the ignorant SW Florida sports media full of misleading information that makes them look like that exhibition was something legitimate. Did I hear a bubble pop?

So in summary, FGCU highest RPI wins were against Dayton (RPI rank #122) and Wake Forest (RPI rank # 149), neither of which qualified for the NCAA tournament.

Hey I want to see FGCU beat USF and then you come back on here boasting. I love cheering for an underdog to win in a REAL game. GO EAGLES!

Lastly, congrats to FSU, UF and FGCU for bringing home the hardware in their respective conference tournaments. FSU, UF, USF, UCF all qualified for the NCAA based on their RPI's and did not need to win their conference tournament to get into the big dance.

Comment

The uf ucf were scrimmage 3 30 min sessions with a mix of lineups

Comment

Let me educate the ignorant. In the 2014 NCAA Women's Soccer Tournament the SEC and ACC played against each other 6 times and the matches were at tie SEC 3 Wins ACC 3 Wins. You can keep looking back all you want, but Clemson, Notre Dame, and UNC were all defeated by SEC teams.

And for that Noles fan, please remember who beat you 2 times in a row...yes GO GATORS!!!
                  OMG! You Gaters are back again this year?? Please remember who is the defending NATIONAL CHAMPIONS and #1 SEED!

BTW, did y'all chip in and buy the bag lady some clothes this year?

Comment

Let me educate the "more ignorant than I". UNC lost to South Carolina 1-0 in the semis last year. Did you realize that UNC lost 8 starters to graduation coming into 2014? Three of their starters were freshmen! That is unheard of for UNC! To think the ACC is falling behind is a joke. The SEC has a couple of decent teams, well really, just one in the Gators. The rest are average at best. The Big 10 is better than the SEC! Unfortunately for the Gators and Becky, they can't win the big games, just BIG "regular season bragging rights" games. Mark and his girls at FSU know how to get it done when it counts. The SEC is still not even a Top 3 conference in women's soccer! The only thing the SEC has going for it is they are loaded $$$ due to SEC football. Money buys some pretty facilities and soccer fields but it can't buy the NCAA title! I will still take that $10 bet if you are giving money away!

Comment

Let me educate the "more ignorant than I". UNC lost to South Carolina 1-0 in the semis last year. Did you realize that UNC lost 8 starters to graduation coming into 2014? Three of their starters were freshmen! That is unheard of for UNC! To think the ACC is falling behind is a joke. The SEC has a couple of decent teams, well really, just one in the Gators. The rest are average at best. The Big 10 is better than the SEC! Unfortunately for the Gators and Becky, they can't win the big games, just BIG "regular season bragging rights" games. Mark and his girls at FSU know how to get it done when it counts. The SEC is still not even a Top 3 conference in women's soccer! The only thing the SEC has going for it is they are loaded $$$ due to SEC football. Money buys some pretty facilities and soccer fields but it can't buy the NCAA title! I will still take that $10 bet if you are giving money away!
                      UF and their 15 freshman will take the bet.

Comment

This year's win over FSU was not as impressive, because it was at UF, but rest assured it was a big game. UF went to Stanford last year and took the game to PK's that's respectable. I am pretty sure UF can win a big game having defeated both Auburn and Texas A&M in the SEC tourney.

No matter what happens Florida women's soccer is improving. Women's college soccer generates interest. Sad that if you mention men's college soccer all people can do it complain and cry. No knowledge of the teams or players, just crying because women get more college scholarships.

Comment

What planet are you living on? Exhibitions do not count as wins as they are not even regular season non-conference games. Exhibitions hold as little as a temporary bragging on the underdogs campus. The fact is an exhibition game carries no weight in regard to rankings or RPI and are certainly never used to consider a bubble teams entry into the NCAA tournament.

So that dilutes your above statement, because when FGCU played UF (3- 30 minute periods) and UCF, those were BOTH exhibitions. And here is a factoid for you to chew on (but you probably already knew this), JB only used a few subs each of those games. Meanwhile UF and UCF played every eligible player on their roster! Yes, this is what BIG soccer programs do during exhibition games, they sort through their roster, while less than mid majors play all of their starters and hope to equalize or win. When they do equalize or win an exhibition, they pump the ignorant SW Florida sports media full of misleading information that makes them look like that exhibition was something legitimate. Did I hear a bubble pop?

So in summary, FGCU highest RPI wins were against Dayton (RPI rank #122) and Wake Forest (RPI rank # 149), neither of which qualified for the NCAA tournament.

Hey I want to see FGCU beat USF and then you come back on here boasting. I love cheering for an underdog to win in a REAL game. GO EAGLES!

Lastly, congrats to FSU, UF and FGCU for bringing home the hardware in their respective conference tournaments. FSU, UF, USF, UCF all qualified for the NCAA based on their RPI's and did not need to win their conference tournament to get into the big dance.

Wow, a little sensitive, huh? Don't know that that was bragging - simply looked at the schedule. He's had a good run here and wouldn't be surprised if he hadn't turned down larger programs in the past. If you heard something pop - better check between the ears.

Comment

FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES 2014 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!

All that matters is dancing when you get to the "BIG DANCE"! And they certainly know how to dance!

GO NOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Eagles got something to prove and USF better watch out!

Wow, a little sensitive, huh? Don't know that that was bragging - simply looked at the schedule. He's had a good run here and wouldn't be surprised if he hadn't turned down larger programs in the past. If you heard something pop - better check between the ears.
                              Not sensitive at all. Just think that you show your ignorance when you say "FGCU defeated UF and UCF". They scored one more goal than them in a exhibition setting. that has no regular season value and no weight on committee when finalizing selections for post season. So no wins against any team with below #122 RPI.
                              Tomorrow is a big day. And if Tabby can get a clean foot on the ball in the 18, she will score. And if the team effort results in a win (which I hope it does), then you can give JB as big of a pat on the back as you want and say "he is doing just fine".

Comment

Not sensitive at all. Just think that you show your ignorance when you say "FGCU defeated UF and UCF". They scored one more goal than them in a exhibition setting. that has no regular season value and no weight on committee when finalizing selections for post season. So no wins against any team with below #122 RPI.
                                Tomorrow is a big day. And if Tabby can get a clean foot on the ball in the 18, she will score. And if the team effort results in a win (which I hope it does), then you can give JB as big of a pat on the back as you want and say "he is doing just fine".
                                OK at least we agree on tomorrow. I was responding to the "he needs to go to a program at the next level" comment. I just don't' believe coaches have to go to the ACC/SEC schools to prove themselves. He would have more resources and if anything success would be expected at those schools and be less of an accomplishment.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X