Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG Boynton Again!

What in the name is happening with this club.

The u14 girls coach has to U13 girls to play with the U14 girls so they can have a full team.
    Now he is trying to pull players from Elite to play on the U14 girls team for an upcoming tournament. They have three crazy mothers on this team claiming they are the best on the team and the coach lacks any balls to do anything about it since his daughter is on the team. I guess its the big fish in a very very very small puddle of water. Why in hell do we have three captains on this team and one of them is his daughter.

What the hell was I thinking putting my girl on this team??? Yes I made a mistake. This coach thinks he can actually coach. All he does is run the same weak as play as passing it to the only fastest player on the team. Everyone else just stands around, what?!?! I paid for this.

the DOC Baboo, asif or whatever states he is opened to talk about any issues but with this team, he turns a blind eye. Way a go boynton...Need to get her off this team and somewhere else. I should have seen the obvious that during tryouts, there were not many girls trying out. Oh course, they promised everything and delivered nothing.

Any ideas on what i can do to get out of this contract without buying it out? Anything ideas welcome...

I feel your pain. I screwed up too. I learned a lot though. Won't be signing until later than sooner next year that's for sure.

Comment

Once they have your money, fagetttaboutit. They got what they want and it matters not what you want. Sad. Every year it seems to get worse. Its all about the money. Good luck getting a refund for services not provided.

Comment

Thank you both for replying. I kinda figured I was already screwed.
        Cant talk to the coach or DOC. Just have to grin and bear it.

Comment

I hear ya and feel your pain. I have a child on the U13 girls and the parents are not that bad but he also coaches them. From what I see, his daughter plays both U13 and U14.
          He only gives the players whose parents kiss his ass the opportunity to play up. He also blames on other things on the team on why we are not winning. I could care less if we win or lose, I want them to learn and advance in their soccer playing skills.

You said it right, grin and bear it.

Comment

Grin and bear it only 7 more months to go

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              Grin and bear it only 7 more months to go
              If your paid in full, you can get a release prior to December 1st... They have to give it to you, per FYSA...

Comment

You also may have a termination fee. Check the contract you signed back in June.

Comment

Can't get your money back but if your miserable it may be worth it to leave prior to 12/1.

Comment

OMG Boynton Again

I am so saddened by these posts. Whatever reason you have to not like the Boynton Knights is your issue. From reading the post, I can clearly see that this is an outside person trying to cause problems with a team. First of all, both posts (the one from u14 parent and the one from u13 parent) are the same person. They have the same grammatical errors and sentence structure. So please don't talk trash. If you had a clue, you would know:

1.) The girls fairly voted on captains.... The coach in no way picked the captains! This was done by the girls themselves. Just like they will do when they play on their high school team. It is common practice to have three captains especially in high school.

2.) The girls do not stand around during practice. The coach is a very hands on coach. He actually plays with them and guides them during scrimmages. He PLAYS!!! He also invites creativity and does not hinder their development in anyway.

3.) As far as guest players, I challenge you to find a club where guest players aren't used. I guarantee you will not find one in South Florida. It is common practice for teams to use players within their club to fill in slots. It is also common to have guest players from other clubs play with a team. If you think Boynton is the only club that does this, you are going to be paying for release fee after release fee. EVERY CLUB at some point and time uses guest players.

Again, If you have issues with the Boynton club stay away. Just be happy where you are now and quit hating on Boynton. If you are in Boynton, which I would bet a large sum of money that you are not, then leave. Is it really worth you or your child being unhappy? Probably not.

Comment

I am so saddened by these posts. Whatever reason you have to not like the Boynton Knights is your issue. From reading the post, I can clearly see that this is an outside person trying to cause problems with a team. First of all, both posts (the one from u14 parent and the one from u13 parent) are the same person. They have the same grammatical errors and sentence structure. So please don't talk trash. If you had a clue, you would know:

1.) The girls fairly voted on captains.... The coach in no way picked the captains! This was done by the girls themselves. Just like they will do when they play on their high school team. It is common practice to have three captains especially in high school.

2.) The girls do not stand around during practice. The coach is a very hands on coach. He actually plays with them and guides them during scrimmages. He PLAYS!!! He also invites creativity and does not hinder their development in anyway.

3.) As far as guest players, I challenge you to find a club where guest players aren't used. I guarantee you will not find one in South Florida. It is common practice for teams to use players within their club to fill in slots. It is also common to have guest players from other clubs play with a team. If you think Boynton is the only club that does this, you are going to be paying for release fee after release fee. EVERY CLUB at some point and time uses guest players.

Again, If you have issues with the Boynton club stay away. Just be happy where you are now and quit hating on Boynton. If you are in Boynton, which I would bet a large sum of money that you are not, then leave. Is it really worth you or your child being unhappy? Probably not.
                      I know this coach. Great coach, great effort, great teacher, great guy. End of that story. It's a smaller club, so yes they lose kids over time to larger clubs in search of whatever their dream is. Most of us from smaller clubs, or newer clubs, know that story.

Comment

What in the name is happening with this club.
                        Two words..... Greg Gatto.

Comment

What do those two words have to do with the thread topic?

Comment

Please don't be sad, I already sit next you during games. We talk at time during practice at Canyon at times and we sit or stand around each during games. We chant "lets go knights" when the girls are playing. Do you wish for me to keep talking about the players and what they do in the beginning of practice or how often they have water breaks or what part of the field they practice or how often they practice and at what time. I can go on and on if you like.

I enjoy the fact that you love point out my grammatical errors. Its a forum and post. So please try again. Oh by the way and to bother you, this post will have a lot of grammatical errors. I have no clue whats going on the U13 side or who the parent is complaining. But it should very easy to find out.

Lets set the story straight. The girls never voted for any of the captains. The coach took the liberty and assigned three captains. Your daughter is one of the three captains, starts with the letter P. So of course you are happy with the decision. A captain or captains are suppose to lead and help their fellow players but the three (T,A,P) haven gotten big egos and feel they are better than the rest. Way to lead the team by example tri-captains.

Some of the girls stand around during practice, talking about other things and even in games. I laugh at your remark about the creativity and development. His strategy is only to use A and T for all the plays. If you have the ball and you have a clear path to the goal, he wants you to pass up to either of those two players. Why do you think we are only playing in a Div 2 bracket? Just because we played ok during the last game with Pinecrest or the Keys team, doesn't mean we are getting better. I would like to see G be given the opportunity the ball more often. She tough and is not afraid to get into it with the other players. G is a much better player than A and more technical than T. All T has is speed and if she doesn't get the ball served to her perfectly, she give up.

If you like, I can go down the list of all your players and positions and who from the U13 team plays and practice with us? To see A, L, and I from the U13 team practice and play with us. I could also point out specific plays or set pieces we do often.

And Yes we all know he practices with them. I love to hear his stories about him playing soccer, he ran track in school and he knows what the girls need to work on. He used to be a great guy and now he is only looking out for one person, his daughter A. He is not going to push any other player harder except his daughter. Ask him how your daughter is doing. He will give you the standard fluff answer. He will tell you what she needs to work on and say she is doing great. All this to keep you happy. I spoke to him about my daughter and he gave the same answer as he gave another parent(yes we compared notes). He is a hypocrite and is desperate to get players to play on his team and is going club to club to get players to help him out. He has reached out to PBG, Elite and Team Boca for help. No other club wants anything to do with him or Boynton. I understand the need for a guest player or two but develop the girls you have. Alot of them have talent and can play, but are never given the opportunity to show it because its all about the A player.

See you at Canyon. I will make sure to walk up to you and say hi. You can join me walking around the field if you like.

Comment

So much drama! This is very exciting. Be very careful what you wish for, the mom you are referring too is a big woman :-).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X