Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Any athlete who transitions from a travel, DA or high school program into any of the listed programs - Harvard, Rollins, Maryland, West Point, UCF, FIU, Red Bull Senior...has accomplished a level of development that a very small percentage of those that have paid out $thousands in program, tournament and coaching fees every even sniff.

The point was that I am unaware of any players that FC Florida has actually developed (spent at least 3 yrs at club) that have gone on to have success at the programs that players from Weston and Red Bulls are experiencing.
    great question. how many players have they developed from youth to college? New club, so cant be any.

Comment

great question. how many players have they developed from youth to college? New club, so cant be any.
      Granted that 5 years is new, but with the fees they charge, the "professional" coaches and high level training they tout, there must at least be a couple of players that are tracking towards the highest level of college soccer...with all the kids they register and all the resources they pour into FC Florida there has to be something to show.
      A verbal commit
      A signed letter of intent
      A successful walk-on story
      Something more than the stories of the families that where bamboozled into paying for a "trial" with a lower division English team. Something more than the player that could even make his high school varsity team, something more than the high turnover rate of coaches and players.

Comment

Granted that 5 years is new, but with the fees they charge, the "professional" coaches and high level training they tout, there must at least be a couple of players that are tracking towards the highest level of college soccer...with all the kids they register and all the resources they pour into FC Florida there has to be something to show.
        A verbal commit
        A signed letter of intent
        A successful walk-on story
        Something more than the stories of the families that where bamboozled into paying for a "trial" with a lower division English team. Something more than the player that could even make his high school varsity team, something more than the high turnover rate of coaches and players.
        Are you that blind? You think BU developed those players you think Weston developed those players? The players leave FC because their is no other choice for DA and ECNL out here. Come on seriously? That's your argument? All the work on a player is done by other club til about U14 and then they cross over and that special player that came from whatever club is now being seen as a Weston player or BU player. Stop it. Development is being done forget who gets credit for it.

Comment

Are you that blind? You think BU developed those players you think Weston developed those players? The players leave FC because their is no other choice for DA and ECNL out here. Come on seriously? That's your argument? All the work on a player is done by other club til about U14 and then they cross over and that special player that came from whatever club is now being seen as a Weston player or BU player. Stop it. Development is being done forget who gets credit for it.
          I agree with this poster.

That is very true. Weston and BU have weak teams at the younger levels. Not typically known for lower age development.

And yes they recruit hard from other clubs to build the older teams with a lure of being able to showcase them better (which also has some truth to it).

So they are getting this talent from other teams which is why other clubs don't have the same success rate due to lower exposure.

The more other clubs can have a venue for exposure, the more you will see them be able to get players recognized by colleges, etc..

Nothing is a guarentee but the chances get better.

Which is why FC having DA and ECNL would benefit the kids that cannot afford (time and money wise) to travel to a BU or Weston

Comment

That is nonsense. Weston has atleast 6 teams in every age group at the younger ages. The top team (Black) plays up a year in the top division. The second and third teams, white and blue, play in the top division on age. And the green, gold and grey are scattered in the lower divisions. The U12s made it to the top 16 of state cup U13. FC Florida's first team in U10, U11, U12, and U13 could not likely beat Westons second and third teams. Now the preacademies are the first teams and black is the second team and so forth. In fact, the Weston U12s knocked the FC U13s out of state cup. They don't play much because Weston's teams stay in top division a year up in the younger age groups and then only play academy in older age groups.

Comment

parents are headaches at every club. The problem is too much focus off the field and not on the field. You are a ref and you pay attention to what parents say? Good luck with that one. DA and ECNL should be worried about the talent on the field not the headaches on the sidelines.
              yes we listen to parents. we are told to listen for certain things said by parents. Ask, tell, and remove. This year we are making more of an attempt to remove problem parents from games. some refs aren't enforcing as much as others, but I am. I tell my sidelines to let me know of any parent that are saying certain things that I should confront. Parents are problems for clubs and players. Its about time we are allowed to deal with them. I suggested in the last state meeting that we be allowed to fine clubs for parent incidents. That would really require DOC's to deal with their issues. Which is why I made that comment about FC. They need to deal with some of their issues.

Comment

yes we listen to parents. we are told to listen for certain things said by parents. Ask, tell, and remove. This year we are making more of an attempt to remove problem parents from games. some refs aren't enforcing as much as others, but I am. I tell my sidelines to let me know of any parent that are saying certain things that I should confront. Parents are problems for clubs and players. Its about time we are allowed to deal with them. I suggested in the last state meeting that we be allowed to fine clubs for parent incidents. That would really require DOC's to deal with their issues. Which is why I made that comment about FC. They need to deal with some of their issues.
                what more important the parents or the play on the field? You guy could never be professionals as players or refs because the people and coaches would stress you guys too much to go to the league and fine fans or coaches. Please grow up.

Comment

That is nonsense. Weston has atleast 6 teams in every age group at the younger ages. The top team (Black) plays up a year in the top division. The second and third teams, white and blue, play in the top division on age. And the green, gold and grey are scattered in the lower divisions. The U12s made it to the top 16 of state cup U13. FC Florida's first team in U10, U11, U12, and U13 could not likely beat Westons second and third teams. Now the preacademies are the first teams and black is the second team and so forth. In fact, the Weston U12s knocked the FC U13s out of state cup. They don't play much because Weston's teams stay in top division a year up in the younger age groups and then only play academy in older age groups.
                  Pretty sure anyone could have knocked out FC 13's last year and this year looks even worse. How many 13's were on that weston team and aren't many of them at another club now?

Comment

The Weston team was U12 Black. Most are on U13 Black or the 2003 preacademy this year. FCs seem to be spread between U14 FC or Elite U14. Same holds true for all the young age groups. It is not remotely close. The disparity in talent is ridiculous. Just saying.

Comment

The Weston team was U12 Black. Most are on U13 Black or the 2003 preacademy this year. FCs seem to be spread between U14 FC or Elite U14. Same holds true for all the young age groups. It is not remotely close. The disparity in talent is ridiculous. Just saying.

The Weston team that played state cup last year was called u12/13 black no?

Comment

For the most part this is true but not for because Weston is "developing" awesome players. They have massive numbers. Whenever you have a very large group of people doing an activity those large numbers dictate that some small portion will be more advanced than the general population. Weston is bigger than any other South FL club, so they have "better" teams. Simple

Comment

So what's the point of this thread? Did some troll start it to open up FC-bashing or has/will FC really be awarded DA or ECNL?

Comment

So what's the point of this thread? Did some troll start it to open up FC-bashing or has/will FC really be awarded DA or ECNL?
                            The point was to be light that FC Florida should get both. Too much space in between Orlando City and Boca United need a club that has both in between those 2 areas for players to have DA and ECNL available to them.

Comment

exactly what the ref in previous post said,arrogant fc florida parent here."cleanin our bathroom"great comment scumbag .maybe those kids will be running the country one day
                              did not write the post you are responding to but i agree with it. not likely that an uneducated kid is going to make it past low paying jobs especially in a future where our competition will be from places like china and india. stay in school kids, soccer in this country is a dead end street.

Comment

Absurd!

The point was to be light that FC Florida should get both. Too much space in between Orlando City and Boca United need a club that has both in between those 2 areas for players to have DA and ECNL available to them.
                                That's like saying there needs to be a DA academy in Minnasota because of all the room between Wisconsin and Washington
                                Look at the map...http://academy.demosphere.com/index.html?mobile=off

DA teams should only be formed of the talent warrants the formation. To just label a program as DA in order to charge more fees and stroke the egos of parents, coaches and club administrators just perpetuates the pay-for-play system that is driving young athletes from organized sports (participation down YOY) and empowering school systems to pass out middle school, Freshman, JV and even varsity team sports programs.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X