Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So Florida had 3 seniors and 15 freshman, they have another robust class coming in and will have their offense back. Center backs are hard to replace, and Westphal and Faulkner were great, but make no mistake Florida is on the rise this was a rebuilding year.
    Of course they have another robust class. Becky recruited half of all the Florida soccer players. Her roster is up to 96 now? I actually feel sorry for the girls that go in there thinking that they are in the top 18 only to find out that they are number 37/52. Or worse yet the current Freshmen that was 24/45 who returns after graduating out the seniors and finds that she is number 27/52. Becky is a joke and even if my daughter is recruited by Florida that team is off limits unless that coach gets her head out of her ass and starts having a reasonable roster size. I am not against a roster size of 28 (3GK 25 field players) because I think there is some value in being able to self scrimmage and to take account for injuries but 52???? That is a slap in the face of any girl that spends their entire youth being good enough to make it there to ride the bench for 4 years or worse never dress.

Comment

I talked before, its real easy to talk after, and it makes me think less of you. And how has she lead her team to 2 consecutive victories over FSU?

Best woman soccer coach in college soccer this loss doesn't change that and I hope a FSU wins it all, the success of FLA soccer shows in its women's teams. Umm and in FSU's case the success of international women's soccer overall, GO ICELAND etc!!
      While it is a fact that UF has beaten FSU the last two years, I will gladly take wins at the end of the year over wins in the first 4-5 games. FSU has been to the College Cup 4 years in a row (semi's, semi's, runner-up, champ), 8 times since UF's last appearance in 2001, and 9 or 10 Elite Eights in a row.

Becky has not been to the College Cup in 15 years and you think she is the best female coach?? Amanda Cromwell won it all just 2 years ago. Really, you Gaters are all alike. Reality has no basis in your beliefs.

Comment

While it is a fact that UF has beaten FSU the last two years, I will gladly take wins at the end of the year over wins in the first 4-5 games. FSU has been to the College Cup 4 years in a row (semi's, semi's, runner-up, champ), 8 times since UF's last appearance in 2001, and 9 or 10 Elite Eights in a row.

Becky has not been to the College Cup in 15 years and you think she is the best female coach?? Amanda Cromwell won it all just 2 years ago. Really, you Gaters are all alike. Reality has no basis in your beliefs.
        Agree.

Comment

Of course they have another robust class. Becky recruited half of all the Florida soccer players. Her roster is up to 96 now? I actually feel sorry for the girls that go in there thinking that they are in the top 18 only to find out that they are number 37/52. Or worse yet the current Freshmen that was 24/45 who returns after graduating out the seniors and finds that she is number 27/52. Becky is a joke and even if my daughter is recruited by Florida that team is off limits unless that coach gets her head out of her ass and starts having a reasonable roster size. I am not against a roster size of 28 (3GK 25 field players) because I think there is some value in being able to self scrimmage and to take account for injuries but 52???? That is a slap in the face of any girl that spends their entire youth being good enough to make it there to ride the bench for 4 years or worse never dress.
          After reading this I think it is valuable to step back and remember that we are talking about playing soccer in college so the overall experience includes 1) soccer and 2) college. At the risk of considerable criticism from the TS crazies, Florida is such a strong university with such a positive student experience, that maybe in the grand scheme of life it might actually turn out to be a MUCH more rewarding experience to be 27/52 at Florida than 5/28 at say, Sienna Heights College.

Comment

Or you could just pull a Kaylan Marckese, the GK from TBU, and skip your senior year of high school, become the starting GK at Florida as a freshman and finish the season playing in the NCAA Tournament! I guess that would make her 1/96?

Comment

After reading this I think it is valuable to step back and remember that we are talking about playing soccer in college so the overall experience includes 1) soccer and 2) college. At the risk of considerable criticism from the TS crazies, Florida is such a strong university with such a positive student experience, that maybe in the grand scheme of life it might actually turn out to be a MUCH more rewarding experience to be 27/52 at Florida than 5/28 at say, Sienna Heights College.
              Agree, but what if you were 5/28 at say Vanderbilt? or say 14/28 at say Georgetown? I don't have a problem with it at all if the girls are told up front that they are likely not going to play unless there is significant improvement and they are warned in advance but that has not happened.

Comment

Or you could just pull a Kaylan Marckese, the GK from TBU, and skip your senior year of high school, become the starting GK at Florida as a freshman and finish the season playing in the NCAA Tournament! I guess that would make her 1/96?
                That is called an appropriate match for school of interest for the player. The poster was talking at the players that they recruit that they have a good idea won't play.

Comment

Agree, but what if you were 5/28 at say Vanderbilt? or say 14/28 at say Georgetown? I don't have a problem with it at all if the girls are told up front that they are likely not going to play unless there is significant improvement and they are warned in advance but that has not happened.
                  The players scholarship package is a good sign of what the coach thinks about the players chances of playing.

Comment

National Championship Winning female coach who is 3rd all time in NCAA history in wins is a joke? Misogynist said WHAT?

Comment

Great example. So the roster was 32, why lie? I guess the truth doesn't suit your BS narrative?

Comment

Florida Spring soccer matches last season. U20 WNT, Bayern Munich, Clemson, Duke, UNC. The whole UF team played in front of the national team coaches, two UF players were selected for one of the following WNT trips.

Why join the Marine Corp or go Special Forces the Army National Guard is way easier. I say challenge yourself, see what its like to play with and for the best. If you got a chance to follow that path and to play at the highest level and you don't take it to start at Sienna Heights shame on you.

Comment

Doh, UNC was bounced again by an SEC school, how could that be?
                          UNC injuries took a toll on the outcome of their game with Texas A&M. With 4 starting midfielders going down with ACL injuries since the halfway point of the season, and then senior forward Summer Green going down with an ACL injury 12 minutes into this game with A&M, the Tarheels just ran out of experienced players to control their midfield. And by the way, Summer Green had taken 3 shots in those 12 minutes she was able to play which shows how significant she was to this team. So yes it is an excuse but no team battling for the NCAA championship is going to overcome that much adversity. Texas A&M showed what they are really made of yesterday when FSU "practiced" with them for their up and coming Final 4 game with Duke.

Florida and their entire student body soccer team folded as normal down the stretch. They just do not have the motivation that was last seen about 30 years ago (give or take a few)by their former standout "Andy" Wamback, to help push their student body size roster over the hump in the games that really matter! Says Andy, "Coach Becky needs to find more quality players instead of girls that do a great job of carrying the water! I mean, you yell WATER at practice and 25 players start squirting water in your face! I really feel it is time for Coach Becky to get rid of the furry bee-atch and find a real bee-atch which is what worked for me!"

I think the Penn State vs West Virginia game today should be awesome! Both teams score tons of goals so it should be a lot of fun to watch. The winner gets Rutgers who has not had a goal scored on them the entire tournament.

IMO-FSU wins over "Anybody but Duke", and then FSU beats Rutgers for their second consecutive title. I doubt their regular season loss to Florida will come up at their news conference after the game, but Florida fan can only wait and hope that they get mentioned in some fashion on title day.

Comment

I think the Penn State vs West Virginia game today should be awesome! Both teams score tons of goals so it should be a lot of fun to watch. The winner gets Rutgers who has not had a goal scored on them the entire tournament.

IMO-FSU wins over "Anybody but Duke", and then FSU beats Rutgers for their second consecutive title. I doubt their regular season loss to Florida will come up at their news conference after the game, but Florida fan can only wait and hope that they get mentioned in some fashion on title day.
                            Opps...

Assclown,

It seems you predict poorly, BWHAHAHAHAHA, and you are pretty ignorant about women's soccer. Me, I said the ACC was backsliding, and you'll notice a Big 10 team won it all.

Comment

Opps...

Assclown,

It seems you predict poorly, BWHAHAHAHAHA, and you are pretty ignorant about women's soccer. Me, I said the ACC was backsliding, and you'll notice a Big 10 team won it all.
                              And you said the SEC was getting stronger in the same post. At least the ACC had teams in the finals! Where was UF? Oh yeah, Duke knocked them out. Assclown? What are you, 8? Grow up Minion!

Comment

And you said the SEC was getting stronger in the same post. At least the ACC had teams in the finals! Where was UF? Oh yeah, Duke knocked them out. Assclown? What are you, 8? Grow up Minion!
                                That poster also said that the Bag Lady is the best woman coach in the country. Now that woman coaches have won 2 out of last 3 championships (and UF has not made a College Cup in 15 years) you think they might face reality?

Probably too much to ask from a Gater.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X