Only OC got DA in Fl, No other FL club

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But only Bonita won a National Championship!

"When playing against three of the best teams in the country, winning in the U.S. Youth Soccer National President’s Cup tournament is no easy feat. But the Boys U13 Bonita Storm made it look easy."
    http://www.news-press.com/story/spor...itle/30255435/

Comment

It's nice to hear some rational voices weighing in on this topic today. I find it interesting that the pro-GDA voices choose to respond with empty cheerleading, insults, and mockery instead of acknowledging legitimate problems and answering reasonable questions. Is that how they will respond to families weighing a choice between ECNL and GDA? Will their sales pitch be "you're stupid if you don't sign up. How could you such an idiot not to see this is the greatest thing ever invented?". Good luck with that.

To the GDA cheerleaders, I challenge you to explain how you would convince this family to choose GDA:
      Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Promoting themselves is what OC does best. But at some point they will need to consider how they will convince elite players to sign up for GDA. As the parent of an ECNL player, I fail to see any advantages of GDA over ECNL that would make us want to switch.

My kid, like most ECNL players, is good but not national team good. The goal is a college scholarship. We can get that with ECNL. She can still play high school soccer. She doesn't have to get on a plane for every away game. And we can avoid the turmoil of a brand new program trying to start up without a sensible business plan.
      Legitimate concerns. Reasonable questions. Let's hear your sales pitch.

Comment

I find it odd that three of the top girl's clubs in the country are not on this list...PDA, Dallas Sting, and the Dallas Texans. No Texas clubs for that matter! I am sure you all think these are the "best of the best" clubs in the country but at my first glance, it looks as though they are taking any clubs they can get!

Comment

"When playing against three of the best teams in the country, winning in the U.S. Youth Soccer National President’s Cup tournament is no easy feat. But the Boys U13 Bonita Storm made it look easy."
          http://www.news-press.com/story/spor...itle/30255435/
          You are joking, right? This thread is about the Girls' Development Academy, GDA. What the hell does a U13 boys team have to do with anything of importance? You're talking boys that play in the 5th most important boys sport in the country, and winning the lowest level of boy's youth soccer championship in the country! How embarrassing!

Comment

I find it odd that three of the top girl's clubs in the country are not on this list...PDA, Dallas Sting, and the Dallas Texans. No Texas clubs for that matter! I am sure you all think these are the "best of the best" clubs in the country but at my first glance, it looks as though they are taking any clubs they can get!
            This was their first pass. There will be more clubs added by mid September. that final list will be more revealing as to the quality (or lack of quality) of this new league. Rumors on other chat boards is that many ECNL clubs have rejected to join.

Comment

Rumors on other chat boards is that many ECNL clubs have rejected to join.
              Good for them. They thought it through and realized having both ECNL and GDA would be a huge mistake. Unfortunately, Orlando City officials are too busy high fiving each other over their grandiose plans to take over the Central Florida soccer world to realize they should reject GDA like the smart clubs did.

Comment

You are joking, right? This thread is about the Girls' Development Academy, GDA. What the hell does a U13 boys team have to do with anything of importance? You're talking boys that play in the 5th most important boys sport in the country, and winning the lowest level of boy's youth soccer championship in the country! How embarrassing!
                What these boys did was remarkable and just because the majority of them was not white does not make it less important.

Comment

What these boys did was remarkable and just because the majority of them was not white does not make it less important.
                  Yes yes, congrats.

Doesn't erase the fact that you're on the wrong thread and can't even realize it

Comment

You need to learn to read. PDA has joined with NWSL franchise sky blue. The top clubs in Texas is currently Solar and FC Dallas both have been accepted. Sting and Texans will be in the next announcement.

Comment

It's nice to hear some rational voices weighing in on this topic today. I find it interesting that the pro-GDA voices choose to respond with empty cheerleading, insults, and mockery instead of acknowledging legitimate problems and answering reasonable questions. Is that how they will respond to families weighing a choice between ECNL and GDA? Will their sales pitch be "you're stupid if you don't sign up. How could you such an idiot not to see this is the greatest thing ever invented?". Good luck with that.

To the GDA cheerleaders, I challenge you to explain how you would convince this family to choose GDA:

Legitimate concerns. Reasonable questions. Let's hear your sales pitch.
                      If your daughter doesn't make the GDA then ECNL will provide a perfect platform. If she doesn't make either then ouch, that would be scary. Playing region 3 traveling all over the southeast playing Concorde, Tophat and CASL 3rd teams. Best option would be to save the money and travel and play NPL or FSPL.

Comment

You need to learn to read. PDA has joined with NWSL franchise sky blue. The top clubs in Texas is currently Solar and FC Dallas both have been accepted. Sting and Texans will be in the next announcement.
                        The early birds get the worm.

Comment

If your daughter doesn't make the GDA then ECNL will provide a perfect platform. If she doesn't make either then ouch, that would be scary. Playing region 3 traveling all over the southeast playing Concorde, Tophat and CASL 3rd teams. Best option would be to save the money and travel and play NPL or FSPL.
                          Revelation leagues over club based league anyday. Most club based teams suck where as all relegation based teams are proven to some extent.

Comment

Revelation leagues over club based league anyday. Most club based teams suck where as all relegation based teams are proven to some extent.
                            Hahahaha. Stay off the crack pipe.

Comment

You didn't actually answer the challenge, which was to convince a family whose kid is a top player to choose GDA over ECNL.

I thought one of you Orlando City cheerleaders would be all over this. Surely with all the excitement and hype over the new GDA program, someone could put together a persuasive sales pitch. Something based on things families actually care about. But so far, nothing. Maybe that should tell you something.

Comment

You didn't actually answer the challenge, which was to convince a family whose kid is a top player to choose GDA over ECNL.

I thought one of you Orlando City cheerleaders would be all over this. Surely with all the excitement and hype over the new GDA program, someone could put together a persuasive sales pitch. Something based on things families actually care about. But so far, nothing. Maybe that should tell you something.
                                Be patient big announcement coming soon that will answer your question. OC will not have any issues filling those DA rosters with top players.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X