Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    yes, more of that... we have fields in Kendall (KSP) that have to be rented for use, the kids get kicked off, even when no one is there. We have experienced getting kicked off many times. the kids need a place to play that is unencumbered by organizational soccer....where they can just play and learn to create...
    All you need is two mini goals, a futsal ball and a basketball court that's not being used. The informal play option is really for kids who love the sport. you'd be surprised how many players are in it to please dad and would not opt to play pick up on a Saturday afternoon at 2 pm even if available.

The mini soccer in KSP and other places is a for profit business and its not for kids to play. They don't want kids.

Comment

are you kidding me,the kids that make it DA is because mom and dad have $$ ,we have plenty of kids in highschool that are poor but will be good enough if not better than so called DA system.
      My Kid plays DA and I am not well off by any means. there goes that theory. Try again Troll

Comment

That is a county by county thing. Some county's charge a per athlete fee. In clearwater, if you do not live in the city limits you have to buy $185 rec card.
        In our town the fields are always rented out so kids can never use them. To play basketball kids can play in a friends driveway for hours on end. Much harder to play soccer on the tiny lots that pass for a backyard in many FL communities

Comment

My Kid plays DA and I am not well off by any means. there goes that theory. Try again Troll
          The MLS squads are very diverse because they are dree. Fees are reduced at many non MLS clubs. So yes DA is progress on that front. The problem is that at the younger ages (when it's low key and less expensive) the coaching and level of skill is poor. Older/more serious teams require money, along with travel (time and money).

Comment

lucky you thats one in a million so there goes yours

Comment

What is your definition of well off. I bet you own a house, have 2 cars, take vacations, etc.

You are not living off of food stamps.

Comment

1. Soccer in the US is a business and the way they make money is by player fees. Granted, we may thing our kids are getting poor coaching, but those coaches do cost money.

2. Soccer is not life and religion in the US. Many kids, especially the boys have other options...playing soccer requires one to be an superb athlete and many of our kids with high end athletics skills as well as natural sports awareness have other options and for many soccer is pretty low on that list.

3. Soccer is poorly promoted...The COPA final was on ****ing FS1, not FOX, not a major sports event, is regulated to cable . One of the reason is you can;t have ad time in soccer as there is no natural stoppages in the game like in football, baseball, hockey, and basketball and as such doesn't get the same level of promotion in the US.

4. Until soccer becomes one of the big 3 sports and get regular time on a major network we will continue to see US soccer as mediocre. It doesn't draw in enough kids, there is little excitement from the general population for the sport or its biggest events. if you also include the pricing of many clubs, it eliminates a portion, in particular younger players, from ever taking up the sport.

Sadly, because the US has so many other forms of entertainments and sports to occupy its citizens, you will never see it reach the fervor it does in other countries...in some, every one wants to play soccer, in the US you may have 1 out of every 5...at those numbers, it is surprising we are even semi competitive. You don't have the kids getting together with their friends to play sun up to sun down like you will see in other countries...the popularity and the love is just not at the same level.

Comment

1. Soccer in the US is a business and the way they make money is by player fees. Granted, we may thing our kids are getting poor coaching, but those coaches do cost money.

2. Soccer is not life and religion in the US. Many kids, especially the boys have other options...playing soccer requires one to be an superb athlete and many of our kids with high end athletics skills as well as natural sports awareness have other options and for many soccer is pretty low on that list.

3. Soccer is poorly promoted...The COPA final was on ****ing FS1, not FOX, not a major sports event, is regulated to cable . One of the reason is you can;t have ad time in soccer as there is no natural stoppages in the game like in football, baseball, hockey, and basketball and as such doesn't get the same level of promotion in the US.

4. Until soccer becomes one of the big 3 sports and get regular time on a major network we will continue to see US soccer as mediocre. It doesn't draw in enough kids, there is little excitement from the general population for the sport or its biggest events. if you also include the pricing of many clubs, it eliminates a portion, in particular younger players, from ever taking up the sport.

Sadly, because the US has so many other forms of entertainments and sports to occupy its citizens, you will never see it reach the fervor it does in other countries...in some, every one wants to play soccer, in the US you may have 1 out of every 5...at those numbers, it is surprising we are even semi competitive. You don't have the kids getting together with their friends to play sun up to sun down like you will see in other countries...the popularity and the love is just not at the same level.
                  Signed PH.D.

Comment

What is your definition of well off. I bet you own a house, have 2 cars, take vacations, etc.

Not that it is any of your business. but yes I do own a house we only have one car payment and I have not seen a true vacation in 12 years. I am too busy working for the other guy who's kids play DA lol!!!

Comment

Not that it is any of your business. but yes I do own a house we only have one car payment and I have not seen a true vacation in 12 years. I am too busy working for the other guy who's kids play DA lol!!!
                      He must pay you well

Comment

I can say I am another one who is not well off and my kid plays DA. I do not own my house, pay a mortgage, I have two cars but paid for and not expensive. I work 2 jobs to make sure mine can play along with my other 2 kids who play competitive. I have been on and off food stamps at points in time and find it hard at times to make ends meet and have to put a lot of things on hold to pay for soccer. As it is my kids dream and he is good and I don't mind doing with out to help them out as the one in DA is really good, and the other 2 play at a high level also, one of them playing ECNL. They got where they are by training on their own and by me putting in the free time to help them, not from the pay for play system. I believe they have gained more from the backyard play and smashing up my living room , then from the organize play they have been involved in, just the organized play has given the exposure to make the high quality teams and to get more exposure. So all these theories come with exceptions.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X