Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    funny, Ramiro and Rogelio funes mori were discovered while playing high school in Dallas, one plays for Everton the other one for monterrey.
    The moral of that story is that Daddy coaches rule.

Comment

funny, Ramiro and Rogelio funes mori were discovered while playing high school in Dallas, one plays for Everton the other one for monterrey.
      both decent players, still better than some of our players

Comment

whatever you guys keep blaming genes (this makes it your fault)on the fact your kid did not show enough to get an offer. Stop whining and get your kid with a trainer instead of playing FIFA all day... Why would any coach take a chance on a kid that was average at a tryout. you need to be better than the rest shoe some soccer IQ and technique or you will never get the offer. it also helps to go out of your way to get your child in front of the coach prior to Tryouts when you have 300 kids there.

Comment

whatever you guys keep blaming genes (this makes it your fault)on the fact your kid did not show enough to get an offer. Stop whining and get your kid with a trainer instead of playing FIFA all day... Why would any coach take a chance on a kid that was average at a tryout. you need to be better than the rest shoe some soccer IQ and technique or you will never get the offer. it also helps to go out of your way to get your child in front of the coach prior to Tryouts when you have 300 kids there.
          lol, uh huh.

The fruit of the labor is out on the field. And it's a very sour fruit.

Comment

blah blah blah because coaches are selecting the best right like bradley ,bedoya ,altidore etc etc

Comment

blah blah blah because coaches are selecting the best right like bradley ,bedoya ,altidore etc etc
              Well I don't see a ton of kids flooding the international market from DA.ODP or any other source from the U.S. so the kids that don't make DA have not been scouted at any other place either. If a kid slips through the DA cracks someone should notice him HS coach College coach. ID2 so your stand out that did not get noticed at a 2 day tryout did not get noticed in any of these other places either. Maybe you are slightly delusional. at this point let your kid just have fun playing rec.

Comment

Well I don't see a ton of kids flooding the international market from DA.ODP or any other source from the U.S. so the kids that don't make DA have not been scouted at any other place either. If a kid slips through the DA cracks someone should notice him HS coach College coach. ID2 so your stand out that did not get noticed at a 2 day tryout did not get noticed in any of these other places either. Maybe you are slightly delusional. at this point let your kid just have fun playing rec.
                Now THIS is definitely the most delusional post of them all.

DA is the main avenue in this country. You are screwed if you're not picked.

DA doesn't work. That's why Juergen has a team full of Germans.

Signed,

DA Parent looking for another option

Comment

I am not sure if what I am about to say fit into the narrative, but I was watching a video about Zlatan retiring from Sweden and he visited his old neighborhood (an apartment complex) and where he use to play. Instead of a basketball court, it was a soccer court (asphalt and all). I am sure these types of courts are all over Europe.

So these European kids have a leg up on the US kids who need a field. And unlike a basketball court where US kids don't need a permit to be on, US kids need a permit for them to be playing on the field or they chase them off.

Comment

I am not sure if what I am about to say fit into the narrative, but I was watching a video about Zlatan retiring from Sweden and he visited his old neighborhood (an apartment complex) and where he use to play. Instead of a basketball court, it was a soccer court (asphalt and all). I am sure these types of courts are all over Europe.

So these European kids have a leg up on the US kids who need a field. And unlike a basketball court where US kids don't need a permit to be on, US kids need a permit for them to be playing on the field or they chase them off.
                    Orlando City has built several asphalt courts in Orlando. Just where they built them they are not frequently used. We need 20 of these around the city for kids to play pickup on, and thousands of them around the country. And you don't need a permit or any other permission to be on them, just a few kids and a ball.

Comment

Orlando City has built several asphalt courts in Orlando. Just where they built them they are not frequently used. We need 20 of these around the city for kids to play pickup on, and thousands of them around the country. And you don't need a permit or any other permission to be on them, just a few kids and a ball.
                      yes, more of that... we have fields in Kendall (KSP) that have to be rented for use, the kids get kicked off, even when no one is there. We have experienced getting kicked off many times. the kids need a place to play that is unencumbered by organizational soccer....where they can just play and learn to create...

Comment

yes, more of that... we have fields in Kendall (KSP) that have to be rented for use, the kids get kicked off, even when no one is there. We have experienced getting kicked off many times. the kids need a place to play that is unencumbered by organizational soccer....where they can just play and learn to create...
                        That's what I am talking about.

Comment

DA is a Marketing program. That is it. No more no less.

US laws hinder soccer in the USA no way to make $$$ from developing a player.

US player is soft. High-Level Soccer is all about how much you can spend.

The player comes from a milk and honey world and you can bet 98% of them have never gone to bed hungry. The parents helicopter over every aspect of their child's life. The best I have seen in a u14 game a mom runs on the field to tie her son's cleats and he wasn't the goalie. We play the game to nice. No Gamesmanship!

You can not fix that. When I told a friend what it cost to play competitive soccer he said my son will stick with football.

Comment

are you kidding me,the kids that make it DA is because mom and dad have $$ ,we have plenty of kids in highschool that are poor but will be good enough if not better than so called DA system.

Comment

no way,clubs have to make money.we have free basketball courts ,baseball etc but we have to pay for soccer?

Comment

no way,clubs have to make money.we have free basketball courts ,baseball etc but we have to pay for soccer?
                                That is a county by county thing. Some county's charge a per athlete fee. In clearwater, if you do not live in the city limits you have to buy $185 rec card.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X