Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Small midget freaks should not be playing sports. This should end the discussion.
    But there the one's with the skill,not big useless pieces of **** that's out there right now. It's embarrassing for the USA.

Comment

How many kids here in ODP dominate (to a certain extent) and don't get picked because they are small? I know for a fact that happens. No, not my kid, so no need for the sarcastic comment. My kid was picked. But I've seen many kids better than my own not get picked because of size. It happens. Many coaches here don't look at vision on the ball. They tend to look at the kid making 30-40 yard runs past players. Even if his touch has him eventually lose the ball, or take a mis-timed shot. The video of Messi shows him dominating by making the correct decisions. Barcelona specifically has all youth practice sessions concentrate on 90% passing and working combinations on very small-sided fields.

I think this debate is stupid. Anyone who knows vision and decision-making is more important in futbol than in most other sports. There is always an extreme to either end.

Power-lifting would be on the other opposite side of soccer. It takes extreme focus and concetration on proper technique. But there are not many variables during the actual lift that change how the athlete actually changes his technique. And for the power-lifting "experts" out there, no need to defend your sport. I know what it takes. I'm just using it as an example.

The ratio of decision-making in soccer is much higher than other sports. The argument has nothing to do with athleticism. Athleticism is always needed in all sports.

Adrian Peterson is ridiculously athletic, but I'll take an A.P. with a brain who can make split-second decisions quicker while running through the pocket than an A.P. who is dumb and just tries to plow through every time.

Its a simple concept to understand. And anyone who grew up playing soccer as well as other sports and who grew up playing in another country understands.
      Athleticism vs vision is a silly debate because no matter how fast or quick Messi was that's not what put that ball right on target in the upper right corner of the goal. Size and decision that to death, but it was TECHNICAL ability. Same with the first header goal, Messi drops it right behind the defense with a perfect pass.

Read some crap in this threat that the more athletic player will be more skilled, I disagree with that wholeheartedly. The player the trains will be the most skilled. Running and jumping have little to do with dedication and discipline to practice and train.

Technical Skill and Decision Making (vision), Discipline/Dedication, as well as Athleticism.

A lot of times with children we are not talking talent; we are evaluating coordination when kids are selected early for special coaching the trajectory is set. Those kids maintain interest, their parents see it as worthwhile to commit resources etc. More training, better training and they are on their way. The problem is they get all that because they are bigger and more coordinated because of their physical development. Being an early bloomer does not make one a soccer prodigy it makes them bigger and more coordinated at an earlier age than others.

Comment

If you blame your lack of success on puberty timing you are just not that good to begin with. Skilled players will play well no matter what. If you have trouble playing with top teams you are usually a step below no matter how big or small you are.

Comment

Athleticism vs vision is a silly debate because no matter how fast or quick Messi was that's not what put that ball right on target in the upper right corner of the goal. Size and decision that to death, but it was TECHNICAL ability. Same with the first header goal, Messi drops it right behind the defense with a perfect pass.

Read some crap in this threat that the more athletic player will be more skilled, I disagree with that wholeheartedly. The player the trains will be the most skilled. Running and jumping have little to do with dedication and discipline to practice and train.

Technical Skill and Decision Making (vision), Discipline/Dedication, as well as Athleticism.

A lot of times with children we are not talking talent; we are evaluating coordination when kids are selected early for special coaching the trajectory is set. Those kids maintain interest, their parents see it as worthwhile to commit resources etc. More training, better training and they are on their way. The problem is they get all that because they are bigger and more coordinated because of their physical development. Being an early bloomer does not make one a soccer prodigy it makes them bigger and more coordinated at an earlier age than others.
          Well, why don't we be honest. Clubs are not providing great training. The best kids have to go outside to train and pay for it.

Comment

Small midget freaks should not be playing sports. This should end the discussion.
            This about sums it up! LMAO

Comment

This about sums it up! LMAO
              What a fukin piece of **** this poster is. The DOC must be banging his whore wife.

Comment

What a fukin piece of **** this poster is. The DOC must be banging his whore wife.
                Could be but i would say hes a big faggot.Some one is banging his boyfriend LOAM.

Comment

I saw a picture today of a hamster eating a big carrot.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X