Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Super Y is good if you want to keep your kid active during the summer. We also plan our vacation and we have no issues because the teams has plenty of players to cover for them when they are out of town.
    My daughter is having fun playing super y this year. She met girls from other clubs. No stress in the summer, practices, plays some games, no added pressure, and can leave on vacation whenever she wants.

Comment

My daughter is having fun playing super y this year. She met girls from other clubs. No stress in the summer, practices, plays some games, no added pressure, and can leave on vacation whenever she wants.
      Yes if you have money to blow super y is great. But for someone that doesn't super y is a joke teams are not competitive at all. Playing once in a blue moon does nothing for development for the players.

Comment

only the most talented kids get invited to regionals. they only take 10%.

Comment

It is not supposed to be to my understanding. From reading info on the Internet, the player must receive recommendations from opposing teams coaches as well as their own, the more nominations a player gets, then invitation follows... But who knows? We signed up, guess we will know soon if it was a gimmick 😁
          It's a gimmick. I personally know of a player that left a super y team before the first game only to be invited based on how well they played. What a joke!

Comment

It's a gimmick. I personally know of a player that left a super y team before the first game only to be invited based on how well they played. What a joke!
            OK Let me explain it this way. If you get invited but HAVE to pay to participate is a gimmick. If it's free to play, then it's not.

Comment

OK Let me explain it this way. If you get invited but HAVE to pay to participate is a gimmick. If it's free to play, then it's not.
              not all kids get invited & nothing is free - the camps provide a value

Comment

I know a kid that was the only one on his team invited. seems pretty selective.

Comment

I know a kid that was the only one on his team invited. seems pretty selective.
                  Email the person who emailed you the invite and he will in fact tell you that the invite was sent to ALL super y players. Fact!

Comment

Palm beach gardens predators u16 boys... Why play super y when you are that bad? 3 games and 21 goals against and 0 for! What is the point?

Comment

Email the person who emailed you the invite and he will in fact tell you that the invite was sent to ALL super y players. Fact!
                      My sons friend/ teammate was invited- the only player on the team that was asked to regional. I know the other boys did not get an invitation including my son. I also hate when people try to prop up their argument ending with ....."fact!" We all see through it. It's comical because it completely discounts your point as an actual fact!

Comment

Yes if you have money to blow super y is great. But for someone that doesn't super y is a joke teams are not competitive at all. Playing once in a blue moon does nothing for development for the players.
                        For us it worked out to be $25 per week for three days training and 8 games. I thought it was pretty reasonable. The coach is way better than her regular club coach and they have a lot of fun. They would probably be playing Call of Duty or telling me how bored they are on those nights. Now, they have new friends, exercise and play while I have cocktails with friends. Win!

Comment

For us it worked out to be $25 per week for three days training and 8 games. I thought it was pretty reasonable. The coach is way better than her regular club coach and they have a lot of fun. They would probably be playing Call of Duty or telling me how bored they are on those nights. Now, they have new friends, exercise and play while I have cocktails with friends. Win!
                          agreed!

Comment

My sons friend/ teammate was invited- the only player on the team that was asked to regional. I know the other boys did not get an invitation including my son. I also hate when people try to prop up their argument ending with ....."fact!" We all see through it. It's comical because it completely discounts your point as an actual fact!
                            i agree with you 100%.

Comment

I did not need to, already spoke with parents, " Fact!.. for you...however, not for me..oh yeh, FACT! only kid invited. sorry i couldn't resist.

Comment

Super Y

only the most talented kids get invited to regionals. they only take 10%.
                                This is what I thought as well, as it is what was stated in my daughters invitation (U16). I was not sure if it was a good opportunity or gimmick because this is her 1st year participating. We signed up though, because it is relatively inexpensive for 2 1/2 days of training with supposedly the top 10% of players (Super Y) in the region. And also for the college seminar. However, I received an email yesterday that said she could invited a teammate/club mate and get $50 off her registration and off the invites as well, ugh!!! Sounding less legit...hopefully not.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X