Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    2 technical practices a week for 90 minutes will hardly lead to burnout or overuse and since the practices are in the late afternoon/evening, the summer heat is not really a factor. I find its a good way to continue to get touches on the ball and helps keep up your conditioning over the summer months.

I tell my daughter to use the Super Y games to try out new skills and work on things where she feels she might need work.
    Good experience for my daughter to play Super Y.

Comment

Super Y

Good experience for my daughter to play Super Y.
      Super Y invitations to Regional Scouting Series? Anyone have any info on this? Money grab or good opportunity? Thanks

Comment

2 technical practices a week for 90 minutes will hardly lead to burnout or overuse and since the practices are in the late afternoon/evening, the summer heat is not really a factor. I find its a good way to continue to get touches on the ball and helps keep up your conditioning over the summer months.

I tell my daughter to use the Super Y games to try out new skills and work on things where she feels she might need work.
        Yes it can and yes it will. It's not necessarily just about physical burnout.

Comment

Super Y invitations to Regional Scouting Series? Anyone have any info on this? Money grab or good opportunity? Thanks
          money grab. invitations go out to anyone

Comment

My daughter only played in the finals last year but it is a good opportunity to continue to add to your soccer resume.

Comment

My daughter only played in the finals last year but it is a good opportunity to continue to add to your soccer resume.
              Super Y is crazy unless this ia your family vacation strategy. And if it is, tou can do much better. This is from the boys side where we travelled crazy for a random game, sont know if its more centralized on the girls side with less travel. Did not sign up this year.

Comment

Soccer resume??? Are you kidding???

Comment

Soccer resume??? Are you kidding???
                  You mean college coaches won't care that my kid won the Disney 3v3 at 8? Or made Super Y regionals at 12? The resume is so long already!

Comment

Super Y seemed like a great idea, everyone jumped on the bandwagon this year only to find out there was not much demand.
                    Super Y is good if you want to keep your kid active during the summer. We also plan our vacation and we have no issues because the teams has plenty of players to cover for them when they are out of town.

Comment

You mean college coaches won't care that my kid won the Disney 3v3 at 8? Or made Super Y regionals at 12? The resume is so long already!
                      Exactly... Some of you are lunatics... Soccer resume... Oh my...

Comment

Super Y

Super Y is good if you want to keep your kid active during the summer. We also plan our vacation and we have no issues because the teams has plenty of players to cover for them when they are out of town.
                        Agreed! For my daughters age group, there are only like 8 games spread out over the entire summer...4 home and 4 away. If you can't make 1 or 2 (or 3), no biggie due to large roster. 2 practices per week (only encouraged), and lots of new kids to meet, great way to get in touches over summer without over doing....

Comment

Just got invite to super y regional scouting series. I'm wondering if all U10 and U11 players got the same invite ? Are they selective at this age groups or is it pretty much open to all on the roster ?

Comment

Super Y

Just got invite to super y regional scouting series. I'm wondering if all U10 and U11 players got the same invite ? Are they selective at this age groups or is it pretty much open to all on the roster ?
                            It is not supposed to be to my understanding. From reading info on the Internet, the player must receive recommendations from opposing teams coaches as well as their own, the more nominations a player gets, then invitation follows... But who knows? We signed up, guess we will know soon if it was a gimmick 😁

Comment

don't listen to these morons. they are jealous that their kid couldn't accomplish anything on any team. if they picked your kid for super-y regional, then its a good thing and no they don't just give it out to everyone as a previous poster stated(that is just an idiot talking out of their rear). Go and experience it yourself and see if you kid likes it. there is a super-y final tournament in the month of December. Is it worth anything, as long as your kid is happy, learning and growing then you are good to go.

Comment

Agreed! For my daughters age group, there are only like 8 games spread out over the entire summer...4 home and 4 away. If you can't make 1 or 2 (or 3), no biggie due to large roster. 2 practices per week (only encouraged), and lots of new kids to meet, great way to get in touches over summer without over doing....
                                I am in agreeance with you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X