Best Vehicle for soccer travel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am guessing this post is referring to the parents and the players. let's start one for the coaches. I have seen some coaches driving Porsche, BMW, Range Rovers, Mercedes, Lamborghinis and other expensive cars. Which coach has the best car/s at State Cup sites in a few weeks?

Comment

Dodge Durango is great

Comment

Our family personally prefers our Lexus.

Comment

No reason expenses are so high. Makes sense when coaches have nicer cars than the parents.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Wow I am so happy you started this thread. I thought I was the only one that had even given this a second thought. Growing up in Southern California my family used to take long road trips during the summer months. My father was a car enthusiast so we always had our choice for around five or six car options to take on our trips. My favorite was a 1951 Ford Custom 79 Country Squire. For those who are not aware these are more commonly referred to as "Woodies". I instantly fell in love with that body style. So when my kids got old enough and we began our road trips I wanted to make sure I would pass my love of woodies on to my kids. So now I drive my family to soccer tournaments in our 1974 Pontiac Grand Safari Woodie. It is so much fun, every tournament we go to people love to take pictures with our Woodie. Heck a lot of times I even have to give some of the moms a ride on my Woodie, let me tell you they love it. Again thank you to the OP for letting me take a nice stroll down memory lane.
            Will be adding lots of miles to my Woodie this summer.

Comment

Will be adding lots of miles to my Woodie this summer.
              Just an FYI, optimal performance for the Woodie is first thing in the morning. The suspension seem a bit stiffer

Comment

Full size custom conversion van. It is ideal for in between games. Lots of room to chill, eat, watch a movie, etc. Don't fall the that MINI B.S. Full size!!!

Comment

Full size custom conversion van. It is ideal for in between games. Lots of room to chill, eat, watch a movie, etc. Don't fall the that MINI B.S. Full size!!!
                  I agree and this would apply to a Woodie as well. If you are going to go that route make sure it is a full size Woodie.

Comment

I agree and this would apply to a Woodie as well. If you are going to go that route make sure it is a full size Woodie.
                    Oh come on now, don't get sucked into that size matters theory, a MINI Woodie take care of the task just as well.

Comment

Is there anything more embarrassing then seeing your child's teammate pull up in some domestic mini van. How is that player suppose to mentally prepare for a game being driven in something like that.

Comment

Is there anything more embarrassing then seeing your child's teammate pull up in some domestic mini van. How is that player suppose to mentally prepare for a game being driven in something like that.
                        Yes pulling up with a flat Woodie

Comment

Yes pulling up with a flat Woodie
                          That's extremely embarrassing. Imagine what the other soccer moms will be saying. You need to be lively like Woodie Wood Pecker

Comment

Took the Woodie out for a spin this week. I had forgotten how much my friends enjoyed rides on my Woodie.

Comment

Just an FYI, optimal performance for the Woodie is first thing in the morning. The suspension seem a bit stiffer
                              The coaches unhappy wife likes to ride my Woody extended cab version to every tournament after she get s wine drunk. What a little ......

Comment

I like my 1983 custom van conversion with the full size bed. Other moms and I can always take a "nap"

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X