Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well Gramps, I can give the names of ten kids in my town who have. One so severe he missed months of school and had to stay back a year. This rule won't fix everything, but it can help. It certainly isn't going to kill soccer.
    the rule won't stop concussions. it will cause more high kicks that will lead to concussions. you will also continue to see players clear the ball into an on-running player. which is the most common reason players receive concussions in soccer.

Comment

LOL if that is the case then we may has well outlaw heading all together. The game only gets more physical as you get older.
      But muscle development and strength is much better as you get older. It helps. So will training, if the cosches know how to teach it that is

Comment

Is this official? I heard it might be a rule.
        I haven't heard that it is and really it doesn't make much sense. If playing up.to U11 it's still only allowed in practice. Not that hard to adjust for.

Comment

the rule won't stop concussions. it will cause more high kicks that will lead to concussions. you will also continue to see players clear the ball into an on-running player. which is the most common reason players receive concussions in soccer.
          One of my kids refs a ton of games (hard worker :)). He said when it started there were more high kicks but within a few weeks it had subsided a lot; more chest traps, etc.

Comment

One of my kids refs a ton of games (hard worker :)). He said when it started there were more high kicks but within a few weeks it had subsided a lot; more chest traps, etc.
            in what league does he ref

Comment

So winning soccer games and the remote possibility that your child plays for the national team are far more important than their health? Okay, I am good with that.
              This is about some dumb a s s lawyer of course in California who found a way to ruin the game and try and make some money out of a lawsuit. You don't want your kid heading a ball, play another sport.

Comment

Listen. I have many things to say in this subject.

Comment

U10s can't play up?

I had heard the same thing about u10's being the only age that can't play up. It must be a US Youth Soccer / FYSA rule as US Club Soccer has indicated that U10's can play up.

The US Club Soccer rules state that 10 year old's still aren't suppose to head the ball, but the ref won't call it if they are playing U11 (which obviously means they can play up).

http://usclubsoccer.org/2016/03/14/i...youth-players/

I couldn't find anything posted from US Youth Soccer or FYSA, but it wouldn't surprise me if they take the stance that U10s can't play up no matter what as they always seem to make things more difficult for teams, clubs, and parents to make their own decisions as to what they think is in the best interest of the players development.

Comment

Sorry - I was off by one year, should have stated U11's playing up to u12's (birth year 2006).

Comment

Can anyone clarify if this proposed rule will affect 2006's playing up to 2005 or 2007's playing up to 2006?

Comment

It would be 2006 to 2005. It's about the no header rule

Comment

No 2007 or 2006 will be able to play up to 2005.
                          If you were a lawyer representing FYSA would you recommend that they
                          Allow kids to play up and therefore head the ball?

They will soon make it official because US Soccer has already made it against the rules for kids of those ages to head the ball. They will be setting themselves up for a crippling lawsuit.
                          If it was your league would you allow it knowing how lawsuit happy people are these days?

It would be 2006 to 2005. It's about the no header rule

Comment

No 2007 or 2006 will be able to play up to 2005.
                            If you were a lawyer representing FYSA would you recommend that they
                            Allow kids to play up and therefore head the ball?

They will soon make it official because US Soccer has already made it against the rules for kids of those ages to head the ball. They will be setting themselves up for a crippling lawsuit.
                            If it was your league would you allow it knowing how lawsuit happy people are these days?
                            You are correct - but last year we were told anybody younger than 13 y/o (U12 and younger) could not head the ball - why not stick with that and then 06's can play 05 and 07's can play 06, etc.

Once you move to 11v11 - all bets are off, now you can play the game the way it's meant to be played.

It would cut out a bunch of red tape with these ages.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X