Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

statistical anomaly?

Looking at the Revs and Bolts u14 rosters, more than 2/3 are late year players, i.e previously older school year September to December u13 players who are now younger birth year players. Will this change with the u12 DAP switch to birth year or is this just an anomaly?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Looking at the Revs and Bolts u14 rosters, more than 2/3 are late year players, i.e previously older school year September to December u13 players who are now younger birth year players. Will this change with the u12 DAP switch to birth year or is this just an anomaly?
    This is probably because of the RAE from the old system, i.e. older kids from the school year system got the benefits of better coaching, better competition, etc. since they started playing soccer 7-8 years ago. Eventually, you won't see this anymore as the youngest players growing up now will be theoretically playing birth year from the beginning (not all town/rec programs have made this switch, though). It'll take a couple of years to phase out the boost the fall born kids have gotten up until this point, but eventually, we'll just see the RAE working for the Jan-March kids. Also, U12 DAP is already birth year....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    Working...
    X