Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Columbus Day

I hear the Bolts/Scorpions event might not happen. Any other options, beyond Nashua?

Natick

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I hear the Bolts/Scorpions event might not happen. Any other options, beyond Nashua?
      Where did you hear that? Not surprised but just wondering.

Comment

Staff coaches said event was doubtful

Comment

They tried to put event together last year and it fell through.
          Seems same for this year.

Comment

One of my kids is a ref and she's had countless ref requests for tourneys that weekend, many of which I've never even heard of.

Comment

They tried to put event together last year and it fell through.
              Seems same for this year.
              Doesn't appear to be much of a market for this.

Comment

Coastal tourney in Nauset/Eastham

http://www.globalteamevents.com/our-...a-coastal-cup/

Comment

Speaking of tourneys, World Cup hasn't released schedule or accepted teams yet. I remember it being much earlier last year. Anyone have insight? Would like to plan my weekend.

Comment

Speaking of tourneys, World Cup hasn't released schedule or accepted teams yet. I remember it being much earlier last year. Anyone have insight? Would like to plan my weekend.
                    Posted now. Says they aren't accepting anymore applications.

May change, but there is something out there now.

Comment

Posted now. Says they aren't accepting anymore applications.

May change, but there is something out there now.
                      NWC CDT - http://events.gotsport.com/events/de...?EventID=53966

Comment

So is CDT on or off for FC Boston?

Comment

The organization of the NWC CDT has gone downhill the last few years. It used to be a premier event and run very well. The same person oversees it and it seems each year gets slower and less efficient. The # of teams has gone down, the level gone way down. The fields in Nashua still S^&K, so much so they have to use fields 30-40 mins away in Pembroke, NH.

Sad to see a once prominent tourney, rest on its laurels and just assume they would stay prominent and relavent.

Comment

The organization of the NWC CDT has gone downhill the last few years. It used to be a premier event and run very well. The same person oversees it and it seems each year gets slower and less efficient. The # of teams has gone down, the level gone way down. The fields in Nashua still S^&K, so much so they have to use fields 30-40 mins away in Pembroke, NH.

Sad to see a once prominent tourney, rest on its laurels and just assume they would stay prominent and relavent.
                            That goes to how NWC has gone downhill overall. They don't draw the quality players any longer, and most of their great coaches have left. The organization is a shell of what they were.

The fields are mostly junk, which is why they are using other facilities. That's a catch-22: you can't complain about the fields, then complain because they are using other ones.

We aren't traveling too much further, (Bedford) and those fields are top-notch --parking issues aside.

Comment

That goes to how NWC has gone downhill overall. They don't draw the quality players any longer, and most of their great coaches have left. The organization is a shell of what they were.

The fields are mostly junk, which is why they are using other facilities. That's a catch-22: you can't complain about the fields, then complain because they are using other ones.

We aren't traveling too much further, (Bedford) and those fields are top-notch --parking issues aside.
                              The Bedford fields are nice, we are using those as well. Last year's tourney was pretty good, but we aren't at the highest level either.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X