Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If the coach is a teacher at that same school, and isn't affiliated with a soccer club, you're screwed. period.
    There are usually two types of HS soccer coaches

1. Teacher, who may or may not have played and needs a few extra bucks.

2. Townie types who do something else for a living but the highlight of their very existence is putting on the old school colors and leading their team to victory!

3. Occasionally there is an outsider who knows what they are doing but those guys never last.

Comment

Most HS coaches simply lack vision of the game and cannot recognize each individual players strengths or weaknesses ....or simply don't want to put effort this hard.

Comment

If what you are saying is true...why complain? It's apparently well known, and known ahead of time. So, play and STF-U, or don't play.

Comment

If what you are saying is true...why complain? It's apparently well known, and known ahead of time. So, play and STF-U, or don't play.
          Or you can continue to point out the painfully obvious. And guys like you can get aggravated by it. I call that a win.

Or you can ST-FU and get your pom poms out. Your call.

Comment

There are usually two types of HS soccer coaches

1. Teacher, who may or may not have played and needs a few extra bucks.

2. Townie types who do something else for a living but the highlight of their very existence is putting on the old school colors and leading their team to victory!

3. Occasionally there is an outsider who knows what they are doing but those guys never last.
            Don't forget the parent coach!

Comment

Or you can continue to point out the painfully obvious. And guys like you can get aggravated by it. I call that a win.

Or you can ST-FU and get your pom poms out. Your call.

I'm just here for the humor. I don't have a kid playing HS soccer.

My daily dose of watching y'all whine and fruitlessly spout about it on a message board gets me going. Like a cup of coffee in the morning.

Comment

Most HS coaches simply lack vision of the game and cannot recognize each individual players strengths or weaknesses ....or simply don't want to put effort this hard.
                "Most" JV maybe. Otherwise, if you're standing by that for all of varsity, that's supported by what other than a decades-old perception and anecdotes?

I'm pretty sure at this point that athletic directors are smart enough to sensibly hire credentialed coaches given the environment of "helicopter experts" (a/k/a parents) and/or you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a club coach looking to coach their own/recruit players.

Comment

Don't forget the parent coach!
                  Name a few.

Comment

"Most" JV maybe. Otherwise, if you're standing by that for all of varsity, that's supported by what other than a decades-old perception and anecdotes?

I'm pretty sure at this point that athletic directors are smart enough to sensibly hire credentialed coaches given the environment of "helicopter experts" (a/k/a parents) and/or you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a club coach looking to coach their own/recruit players.
                    You definitely don't live in my town. They will take anyone who applies, regardless of background, and quite honestly, I think they look for those with the least qualified background.

Comment

Name a few.
                      Yeah sure, let's publicly shame a few innocent children along the way

Comment

You definitely don't live in my town. They will take anyone who applies, regardless of background, and quite honestly, I think they look for those with the least qualified background.
                        There are all kinds or coaches with all kinds of credentials (or lack thereof) - you can't paint them with broad brush strokes

Comment

Sucks for you I guess. Based on my experience, you're painting exception as the rule. Maybe not 20 or 30 years ago, but in the present.

Comment

Yeah sure, let's publicly shame a few innocent children along the way
                            Either those parent coaches can coach or they can't. I suspect the one you had in mind specifically can, in spite of your perception; if it was a snide remark made without any specific coach in mind, well... Whether they can or they can't coach doesn't reflect on their kid. If you think a high school player hasn't dealt with worse than a TS post due to their experience with their parent as a coach, you're being silly.

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is a highly-ranked team. Doubt anyone is complaining about the results. That leaves complaints of envy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X