Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Took it all from the NEP/NEC, gotsoccer website. I wasn't aware that these clubs still had teams in MAPLE.
    No Liverpool clubs in Maple. Don't know about the others.
    Your leagues ain't as big and bad as you all been preaching.
    There's a new sheriff in town...

Comment

No Liverpool clubs in Maple. Don't know about the others.
      Your leagues ain't as big and bad as you all been preaching.
      There's a new sheriff in town...
      These stats don't mean anything without the level. Perhaps Liverpool put all of their teams a bracket lower than they should have, or SSS decided to challenge their teams, so put them in brackets that might stretch their teams. Since someone has so much time on their hands, think of a weighting scheme for the bracket level and add that into the equation. Then, you'd really have to do the same for the teams that have been in NEP before you can claim being the "new sheriff in town". Since lunch has already come and gone, try to have that done by dinner.

Comment

I know stats can be interpreted in different ways and it's only 1 week but these numbers are interesting.

SpiritofLiverpool 13-2-1 (83GF, 19GA)
        BestFC 8-6-1 (40GF, 36GA)
        Valeo 17-14-5 (93GF, 90GA)

SouthShoreSelect 4-6-2 (19GF, 35GA)
        AbbyVilla 5-13-0 (26GF, 62GA)
        FCUSA 11-21-5 (60GF, 116GA)
        I think spring will be more telling. The first season this fall DOCs of the new clubs are just figuring out where all their teams fit in a league they haven't been in before and where to place them. If the trends above continue I'd say liverpool placed their teams too low and fcusa and Abbeyvilla too high, but they will figure it out better in season two I would think.

Comment

Maple is going to kick your ass.
          http://events.gotsport.com/events/re...er=Boys&Age=14

Comment

Is there a point to this post?

Comment

Point still stands. Why? Isn't there something more to do with your life than compiling stats about youth soccer?

Don't you have a naval to contemplate?
              Yes, the point still stands. Don't you have something more to do with your life than responding to someone compiling stats about youth soccer?

Comment

Is there a point to this post?
                Yes look like NEP top level has some serious compation.
                Far from bottom level champions grouping.

Comment

Yes, the point still stands. Don't you have something more to do with your life than responding to someone compiling stats about youth soccer?
                  Nope.

Don't you have something better to do with your life than responding to someone responding to someone compiling stats about youth soccer?

Comment

Typical Maple mentality above. You're going to need to shift your focus away from winning if you want to be happy with your kid playing NEP. NEP has a developmental focus, that's why it doesn't have promotion/relegation like Maple. With this focus on development, you can't possibly tell which club is the best at developing its players after the first game of the season. You need to see how a team progresses over the entire season. If a team starts out losing, then mid to late-season starts seeing some wins, or even beating teams they lost to at the beginning of the season, then can you call that team a developmental success. Not sure how you can judge your development if you start out winning everything. Most clubs that have been in NEP for some time know to try to place their teams so that they'll win half and lose half of their games for optimal development. Hopefully, the clubs new to Maple will figure that out (looks like some already have), but the parents need to be ready to have a kid on the losing team half the time.

Comment

Typical Maple mentality above. You're going to need to shift your focus away from winning if you want to be happy with your kid playing NEP. NEP has a developmental focus, that's why it doesn't have promotion/relegation like Maple. With this focus on development, you can't possibly tell which club is the best at developing its players after the first game of the season. You need to see how a team progresses over the entire season. If a team starts out losing, then mid to late-season starts seeing some wins, or even beating teams they lost to at the beginning of the season, then can you call that team a developmental success. Not sure how you can judge your development if you start out winning everything. Most clubs that have been in NEP for some time know to try to place their teams so that they'll win half and lose half of their games for optimal development. Hopefully, the clubs new to Maple will figure that out (looks like some already have), but the parents need to be ready to have a kid on the losing team half the time.
                      ^^ THIS

A couple of girls left the team this year. Went out and trounced their competition and at school, were bragging about it. My daughter tied her game 1-1.

She came back complaining about it. I told her I'd rather sit through a 1-1 game any day of the week than winning, or losing, by two touchdowns.

Comment

It was never about developing players it is about eleatest soccer. The only reason they finally let in more maple teams is for the money.

Comment

One more thing to add to this, if your kid's team is crushing everyone this fall, be prepared to be moved up a level, maybe even two, in the spring, where success won't come as easily, but development will be better. If your kid is already in one of the top brackets and wins all their games easily this fall, a good club will move two of three of the top players off that team and play them in a higher age group for the spring. This way, the remaining team will develop properly in their own age group and those top players can continue to be challenged. Remember, it's not about creating and keeping a winning team, but rather making sure each player is individually placed in the best environment to continue improving.

Comment

Took it all from the NEP/NEC, gotsoccer website. I wasn't aware that these clubs still had teams in MAPLE.
                            No I don't believe they have any in Maple. I was just commenting that those clubs HAD several teams in Maple, some were good and some were weak. So I was asking how those websites computed the stats especially with such movement of players this year. I really don't think those stats mean much given the changes in most teams. Time will tell.

Comment

No I don't believe they have any in Maple. I was just commenting that those clubs HAD several teams in Maple, some were good and some were weak. So I was asking how those websites computed the stats especially with such movement of players this year. I really don't think those stats mean much given the changes in most teams. Time will tell.
                              He compiled the stats himself from match results played so far this season, so nothing to do with last year's teams. They results so far are what they are, but again, they don't mean much without accounting for level...

Comment

It was never about developing players it is about eleatest soccer. The only reason they finally let in more maple teams is for the money.
                                LOL. You want to see Elitist Soccer? Go read some conversations about the cost of ECNL fees and travel and the constant marketing hype/justification for the high fees (aka. college exposure).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X