Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Absolutely-if parents (consumers) are fine with their rostered child getting less playing time so that ringers can be brought in, who cares. Lots of talk about clubs wanting to win at al costs, but some of that is parent driven as well.
    What's funny about this statement is the fact that none of the ringers for either side did much to change the outcome or style of the game.

Comment

What's funny about this statement is the fact that none of the ringers for either side did much to change the outcome or style of the game.
      My daughter plays for a lower level Stars team and we have a "guest" player every week while we have 5 or 6 subs. The "guest" makes no difference and the parents of the actual team members are not happy with the loss of playing time for their kids. Not much you can do besides leaving, it is just the way they are.

Comment

My daughter plays for a lower level Stars team and we have a "guest" player every week while we have 5 or 6 subs. The "guest" makes no difference and the parents of the actual team members are not happy with the loss of playing time for their kids. Not much you can do besides leaving, it is just the way they are.
        That really stinks. I would think there should be a rule to allow this only if a team is short on players. Have the parents tried to approach the coaches about this?

Comment

That really stinks. I would think there should be a rule to allow this only if a team is short on players. Have the parents tried to approach the coaches about this?
          Approach who? Every Stars team does this. With FC Stars, either you are one of the anointed or you are a bench warmer. Take a look at some of the lower level Stars teams and their schedules for games. Ever notice the lower level teams often schedule games later in the day? That is so they can have higher level guest player/ringers come in from their earlier games to help carry the team. With FC Stars, it's all about the win. I really don't know why parents and kids put up with it, unless they are under the delusion that their Mia or Landon will eventually become a favorite.

For all those Stars families that will immediately come to the defense of the club, I speak from experience: my D has played against Stars teams that used ringers from higher teams while they still had a full bench and my D played town with players from Stars and heard all the stories right from the Stars players themselves.

Comment

Joking right?

Comment

Guys, stick to the issue the Stars played a 2002 ringer in two 2003 ECNL games this weekend. How is that "age appropriate" according to the rule? Did the other two teams do the same? Seems very shady.

Comment

Guys, stick to the issue the Stars played a 2002 ringer in two 2003 ECNL games this weekend. How is that "age appropriate" according to the rule? Did the other two teams do the same? Seems very shady.
                A trapped 2002 (an 8th grader who does not play high school) is not a ringer. NEFC and Breakers do it within the rules, during the fall.

Comment

Wish it was only one. We don't like it either folks.

Comment

A trapped 2002 (an 8th grader who does not play high school) is not a ringer. NEFC and Breakers do it within the rules, during the fall.
                    Sounds pretty shady to me. Thought birth year meant birth year and younger. How about my daughter is the size of an 03 or younger so according to you she can play even though she's an 02.

Comment

"Not a ringer" you haven't seen my Mia play. Just cause yours isn't that good doesn't mean it's ok.

Comment

Sounds pretty shady to me. Thought birth year meant birth year and younger. How about my daughter is the size of an 03 or younger so according to you she can play even though she's an 02.
                        If she is in 8th grade and not playing high school then yes she can.

Comment

This is NOT in the rules! The ECNL even changed the language from the old rule. The new rule states "high school" and "age appropriate". ECNL went out of their way to change the 8th grade language in the old rule. Both clubs are clearly in violation of the new rule.

Comment

This is NOT in the rules! The ECNL even changed the language from the old rule. The new rule states "high school" and "age appropriate". ECNL went out of their way to change the 8th grade language in the old rule. Both clubs are clearly in violation of the new rule.
                            Wouldn't a 2002 8th grader ( most likely born August-October ) classify as an "age appropriate" person? Otherwise the rule makes no sense. A 2002 high school student could play 2003 in the fall provided they didn't play high school soccer and an 9th grade 2002 could not. Clearly is an overstatement even for talking soccer.

Comment

correction:
                              Wouldn't a 2002 8th grader ( most likely born August-October ) classify as an "age appropriate" person? Otherwise the rule makes no sense. A 2002 high school student could play 2003 in the fall provided they didn't play high school soccer and an 8th grade 2002 could not. Clearly is an overstatement even for talking soccer.

Comment

correction:
                                Wouldn't a 2002 8th grader ( most likely born August-October ) classify as an "age appropriate" person? Otherwise the rule makes no sense. A 2002 high school student could play 2003 in the fall provided they didn't play high school soccer and an 8th grade 2002 could not. Clearly is an overstatement even for talking soccer.
                                Clearly that is how the local clubs are interpreting the rule. These girls have all played against each other for years and many know each other outside of club soccer through school, ODP, or other sports. So there is no sneaking in an overage player in a game between 2 local clubs. I would rather a 2003 girls game be all 2003 or younger players, but the clubs all seem to be interpreting the rule the same way.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X