Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Valeo / Newton United merger prove detrimental?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I love adults that pick on kids.

My kid does suck at soccer. My kids life is ruined. 11 years old and he has nothing to look forward to.
    Show him how to post on TS.

Comment

Show him how to post on TS.
      They don't like soccer parents. Have you ever noticed how the ball is not played on the parents side of the field?

Comment

They don't like soccer parents. Have you ever noticed how the ball is not played on the parents side of the field?
        Sadly the opposing teams parents don't have this option.

Comment

I think it would be very exciting to see the combined NU/Valeo teams do very well. The training at Valeo has always been good. However, ultimately, I still see them partnering up with the Bolts, and allowing EW to DOC all the U14 and under teams.

Comment

I think it would be very exciting to see the combined NU/Valeo teams do very well. The training at Valeo has always been good. However, ultimately, I still see them partnering up with the Bolts, and allowing EW to DOC all the U14 and under teams.
            no question Bolts are next! but they'll have to take the bolts name to get to academy.

Comment

no question Bolts are next! but they'll have to take the bolts name to get to academy.
              I am sure that is DL/AG next move. They tried U-little with BeAheadOfGame.com but it didn't work out. That said, they do recognize someone coming to the table with a lot of kids.

I think you are correct. The Bolts brand is required.

Comment

No Bolts deal is dead, wanted gym and funding of DAP. Might have worked but Bolts way too arrogant. Valeo u12 and u13 will be outstanding. Maybe Revs pipeline but Bolts will never happen.

Comment

I am sure that is DL/AG next move. They tried U-little with BeAheadOfGame.com but it didn't work out. That said, they do recognize someone coming to the table with a lot of kids.

Never did "ahead of game". They were asked by them, Blazers, Scorpions, others. Said no until Valeo asked.

Comment

Never did "ahead of game". They were asked by them, Blazers, Scorpions, others. Said no until Valeo asked.
                    Who are you referring to when you say "They were asked"?

Brian from Ahead of the Game ran the Bolts Jr. Academy for a couple of years. He is back on his own now.

Comment

Maybe Revs pipeline but Bolts will never happen.
                      The Revs? Those guys are well aware of the parental head cases.

Comment

Did you mean EW, who is AG?

Comment

Did you mean EW, who is AG?
                          DLeal and AGilshot are the two parents coaching the NU teams who still want to control their own kids destiny. Larger clubs probably told them to stick it and stand with the rest of the parents. Valeo gave them important and administrative roles.

The deal with the Bolts was very close to being signed, but the Bolts wanted too much and essentially would minimize the Valeo Brand. Perhaps when the two clubs see NEFC and GPS swallowing up everything around them, they will realize that there is a different way to do business that might allow Valeo to maintain a strong presence and image. It all depends on how arrogant the leaders will continue to be.

Comment

DLeal and AGilshot are the two parents coaching the NU teams who still want to control their own kids destiny. Larger clubs probably told them to stick it and stand with the rest of the parents. Valeo gave them important and administrative roles.

The deal with the Bolts was very close to being signed, but the Bolts wanted too much and essentially would minimize the Valeo Brand. Perhaps when the two clubs see NEFC and GPS swallowing up everything around them, they will realize that there is a different way to do business that might allow Valeo to maintain a strong presence and image. It all depends on how arrogant the leaders will continue to be.
                            The deal needs to happen. The tough part is that their brands are so different. However now that Valeo is based in Newton Indoor, their client base is getting more similar to the Bolts every day.

I think in 2 years when the Newton boys have to move to DAP, there will be a deal with Valeo and it will become Valeo Bolts just like Revere FC did.

I don't think it is arrogance but more like pride.

Comment

The deal needs to happen. The tough part is that their brands are so different. However now that Valeo is based in Newton Indoor, their client base is getting more similar to the Bolts every day.

I think in 2 years when the Newton boys have to move to DAP, there will be a deal with Valeo and it will become Valeo Bolts just like Revere FC did.

Why do you say that the 'Newton boys have to move to DAP'? Why do you assume that the DAP is a must? There are multiple ways for kids to be seen by college coaches including the NEP/NEPL/NPL route......the EDP/NPL route......Region 1 route.....showcase tournaments. Why do you assume that everyone wants the DAP and to miss high school soccer??

On the other note, Valeo Bolts does not sound to bad as long as Valeo comes first. Valeo has something that the Newton based Bolts do not have.....a good youth program. With the beginning of the DAP, the Bolts brass essentially dropped any effort for their youth program and assumed it would fly under the DAP flag. Adding further insult was their coach selection and age group directors i.e. BA furthered himself from worrying about the younger teams. The one thing that can be said about their affiliates is that those youth programs are stronger than the local one.

Valeo has a strong youth program but has not been as able to hold on to players for their older teams, but they are getting better. The Bolts will hopefully realize that they need a Valeo like youth program more than Valeo will necessarily need them.

Comment

That is so hilarious!! " when the Newton Boys have to move to DAP". Ha ha Ha Ha!! Not one boy is DAP material on either the U12 or the U13 Valeo/NU teams. Not one!!
                                You must be a father of one of those kids I assume. Take a deep breath daddy!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X