Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    whoever took the time to write all these stupid comments is a total loser with far too much time on his or her hands.
    He/She/Ve made fun of my town. I still lol'd...but only after I spent a few moments in my safe space. I suggest a "trigger warning" the next time such a list is posted. Also, more variations on "creampuff" are a must -- e.g. creampuffery, creampufferilicious, creampuffinator.

Comment

Scores from yesterday? Interesting games?

Comment

Scores from yesterday? Interesting games?
        Brookline 1, Natick 0

Fairly even game. Well played by both teams. Both have very good keepers.

Natick had the better of it for a good bit of the 1st half. Brookline was a bit better in the 2nd half. Both teams had chances they probably should have scored (unobstructed shots on goal inside the 18). Both keepers stopped shots that looked like sure goals.

Brookline slipped a nice pass to a forward in the 2nd half and that was the difference.

Comment

B-R lost to East Bridgewater 2-0.

Comment

Brookline 1, Natick 0

Fairly even game. Well played by both teams. Both have very good keepers.

Natick had the better of it for a good bit of the 1st half. Brookline was a bit better in the 2nd half. Both teams had chances they probably should have scored (unobstructed shots on goal inside the 18). Both keepers stopped shots that looked like sure goals.

Brookline slipped a nice pass to a forward in the 2nd half and that was the difference.
            I was at the game and agree that both teams are very talented. Two contrasting styles of soccer. Brookline resorted to kicking the ball long almost every time they could, while Natick passed out of defense and moved the ball around. Obviously, Brookline having a stud striker is the objective to get the ball up to her, but surprised that they kicked the ball as much as they did. I would say overall, in the first half Natick dominated possession, but Brookline had the better chances in the first half with most being corners and several free kicks outside the box. Brookline goalkeeper was ecellent and pulled off some very good saves especially in the second half. In terms of the first half, I would give it to Brookline as they had the better chances, but Natick had more posession but just couldn't penetrate or shot straight at the keeper.
            The second half was completely one sided. Brookline had two shots on goal in the second half and one of them happened to be the game winner. A breakdown in midfield and poor defending lead to the goal which was very well taken and it was a very nice through ball. From there on in, it was wave after wave of attack from Natick so as most teams would do, they sat back and defended like crazy. Overall, they are two very good teams who will go deep in the playoffs. It'll be interesting if they get to play each other again.

Comment

B-R lost to East Bridgewater 2-0.
              no reason to put d4 teams in this discussion

Comment

Could be the fact that the D1 team lost their first game of the season.

Comment

Could be the fact that the D1 team lost their first game of the season.
                  That doesn't make any sense. What has D4 and a D1 result have to do with anything?

Comment

That doesn't make any sense. What has D4 and a D1 result have to do with anything?
                    It's a result from a D1 game. The thread is about D1 teams.

Comment

It's a result from a D1 game. The thread is about D1 teams.
                      I get that, but the comment was because a D1 team lost their first game of the season. Just didn't add up.

Comment

B-R is D4?

Dickhead.

Comment

I was at the game and agree that both teams are very talented. Two contrasting styles of soccer. Brookline resorted to kicking the ball long almost every time they could, while Natick passed out of defense and moved the ball around. Obviously, Brookline having a stud striker is the objective to get the ball up to her, but surprised that they kicked the ball as much as they did. I would say overall, in the first half Natick dominated possession, but Brookline had the better chances in the first half with most being corners and several free kicks outside the box. Brookline goalkeeper was ecellent and pulled off some very good saves especially in the second half. In terms of the first half, I would give it to Brookline as they had the better chances, but Natick had more posession but just couldn't penetrate or shot straight at the keeper.
                          The second half was completely one sided. Brookline had two shots on goal in the second half and one of them happened to be the game winner. A breakdown in midfield and poor defending lead to the goal which was very well taken and it was a very nice through ball. From there on in, it was wave after wave of attack from Natick so as most teams would do, they sat back and defended like crazy. Overall, they are two very good teams who will go deep in the playoffs. It'll be interesting if they get to play each other again.
                          Just a wonderful game, solid, talented girls who know how to play. Just a joy to watch. Congratulations to Brookline!

Comment

It is ½ way through the season and this thread is really boring… Not to offend anyone but in the interest of stirring the pot this may anyway…

NO. TEAM RECORD PREVIOUS
                            1. Central Catholic 8-0 1 – Clearly Billy Joel was wrong when he said ‘ You Catholic girls start much too late’

2. Whitman-Hanson 6-0-1 2 – Oddly enough these girls tied a DII team – have they slipped from last year? Hey they may not be the #1 team but they have the #1 Hyphenated team slot. Go School Choice!

3. Hingham 5-0-1 3 – Isn’t this the DII team that tied the above – This team will disappear next year when EH leaves. Sorry Charlie.

4. Bishop Feehan 6-0 4 – Does this team EVER win anything in the post season – Rhetorical Question so please don’t answer.

5. Brookline 8-0-1 10- Look, the average house cost $2.5M and the average household income is like $900K – they’d better be able to buy some soccer training – in all seriousness this team seems legit this year but at what price? Good they can afford therapy should they flame out...

6. Newton South 8-0-1 9 – Newton South is behind Brookline – must kill the parents. This team is just OK – seriously they are just ok.

7. Mansfield 8-0 19 – Super “Cream Puff” schedule – they will disappear.

8. East Bridgewater 6-0 7 – Enough already with the D4 team – yeah yeah you have a goal scorer but you play all JV teams. PS Coach – there’s no ‘I’ in team.

9. Natick 7-0 12 – I like Natick – legit team to the core – only thing is I’m pretty sure they are all South-Americans and if Trump wins this team loses next year and will be paying to build his wall instead of playing soccer.

10. Oliver Ames 7-0-1 14 – OMG – not this team again – I had to look up the town and still can’t for the life of me find any reason they belong on a list of towns with money to pour into club soccer only to brag on TS.

11. Medway 6-0 11 – Total anomaly – “cream puffus maximus” schedule award

12. Acton-Boxborough 4-1-1 5 – Arguably the town with the worst team name, Colonials? Best ‘Hyphenated’ team in the DCL? – See below. About right in the rankings.

13. Lincoln-Sudbury 3-1-3 6 – Now here’s a team name “Warriors” makes opponents wanna stay on the bus. Did very well last year but not so strong this year. Pretty sure the Globe put ya alphabetically in order after Acton-Boxborough… Sorry.

14. Scituate 6-1 8 – another anomaly – stick to fishing because soccer is not in your future.

15. Marblehead 6-0 15 – Another coastal town? Not much to say on this squad but there’s a heck of a seafood restaurant on main street.

16. Peabody 3-0-1 13 – The Dowd sisters are long gone- possibly the twins from Swamscott or Danvers can “ school choice “ in Wink Wink… See Whitman-Hanson above for logistics of the move.

17. Swampscott 4-0 17 - No movement for this squad this week – pretty much “cream puff” schedule. Good confidence booster anyway scoring 8 goals a game.

18. Masconomet 7-2-1 18 – As a regional school you probably should ‘hyphenate’ your school name and the globe will move you up in the rankings. Word has it that your guys are more legit than your ranking. See you in the post season.

19. Milton 5-2-1 20 – omg – worst case anomaly of all – how did they rise a place? Must have family at the Globe.

20. Hamilton-Wenham 4-2-1 – Another hyphenated school thrown in for good measure only to be replaced next week – your 15 minutes of fame have come and gone…

Last update: Thurs., Sept. 29, 2016, 12:01 a.m. ET
                            Very entertaining, thank you! You may have been a little hard on some of the teams, but I still enjoyed it. I do think you should post this every Wednesday for the rest of the year just so we can see how good you are with your evaluations.

Comment

Very entertaining, thank you! You may have been a little hard on some of the teams, but I still enjoyed it. I do think you should post this every Wednesday for the rest of the year just so we can see how good you are with your evaluations.
                              but with a trigger warning for those of us with delicate sensibilities...

Comment

No reason to be so ****ing ignorant.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X