The List is The Word.
    I strike you down Non-Believer

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
      The List is The Word.
      I strike you down Non-Believer
      List is spelled N-E-F-C

Comment

and thank goodness he finally put them at the top of the list this week. Honestly I'm going to chew my fingers off the next two weeks when they are not playing and are sure to fall down "The List."

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
          and thank goodness he finally put them at the top of the list this week. Honestly I'm going to chew my fingers off the next two weeks when they are not playing and are sure to fall down "The List."
          They won't. The 2002 list ranks NEFC even though they aren't playing in the fall. All fun. All silly. All a little nuts.

Comment

The 2002 team is playing with their invisibility cloaks on. Games are routinely 329-0. Poor opponents don't stand a chance.

Comment

GU13 Weekend Preview (10/1-10/2) - "The Nightmare Edition"

"One, two, List Haters coming for you
              Three, four, better rank no more
              Five, six, teams on your list
              Seven, eight, not even roster-gate
              Nine, ten make List Hater want to grin"

Following up on the 03 List Guy's concern that I've been hacked to death and thrown into the boiler of the List Hater's basement, I just want to say I've emerged unscathed and alive for the sequel!

So unlike the prior week, there was little drama and suspense with the games last week, except apparently for one Oakwood parent taking umbridge with my description of their decisive loss as...well, "decisive". But I digress...

I thought we were going to make it through the week quietly, and without much issue (Heck even the Aztec folk barely groaned when they were relegated off the List. Obviously too busy trying to figure out what the hecka a LUNA is).

So quietly the thread sat for a few days until .... the last frame when Freddie's hand of blades comes slashing through the soccer net, startling the turf pellets right off of us!!! List Hater (forever now known as Freddy), donning his anonymous TS mask, stalking various List threads, and slashing on about things like ... "List's are sad...Leagues are uneven... not equal schedules".... and other terribly serious issues. There was even the inevitable attempt to unmask our List protagonists!

But just like in Nightmare on Elm Street, the sun has risen over Old Union Turnpike, and banished Freddy into the shadows for another week, where I've got no doubt he's sharpening his knives ready to return for 10 more sequels.

In the meantime, I've got my crucifix and cup of coffee in hand, and its on to the weekend preview.

"GOAT"
              Penn Fusion vs The Dynamic Duo:
              FC Boston vs Penn Fusion (Saturday 1:00p at United Sports Training Center)
              FC Stars vs Penn Fusion (Sunday 10:30a at WCUSC)

Both Northeast NPL teams head south to PA for a doubleheader against the best and the worst that league has to offer. Pretty sure the PA List guy has already relegated FC Bucks off his list years ago, but Penn Fusion is the undisputed Beast of the East. Already 5-0 with 17 GF and only 4 GA. If Stars and/or FC Boston are able to pull off the upset here, they immediately go to top of the list. Heck, even a tie or 1 goal loss, might do that. The question remains, is playing Penn Fusion first better, or getting your confidence up against the Bucks first better? Answers to those questions coming by Sunday at noon!

UNDERCARDS
              GPS vs SSS (Sunday 9:00a at Fesseden School)
              This should be an interesting game. GPS, proudly donning its neon shirt, emerges from the shadows to take on their first significant challenge of the league season. Will they show some muscle and make a play for top of the NE NPL table? Will SSS use their NT player or let her rest for her 03 game later that day? I'm thinking that with or without their ringer, SSS and their speed, handles GPS here by a few goals and sends them back to wallflower status for the week. But if GPS wins, its off with the neon shirts, and we are talking a full-on Willie Whistle costume, with horns and all!

FC Stars vs FC Bucks (Saturday 10:00a at Council Rock North)
              FC Boston vs FC Bucks (Sunday 8:00a at Council Rock North)
              It almost goes without saying that any loss to FC Bucks by either team, will drop you down the List significantly. Of course that could be mitigated with a win versus Penn Fusion. But if that happens to either team, I might have to grab my blade glove and join Freddy, and slash this worthless piece of List to bits. Bottom line: Just don't lose to Bucks. Either of you. I'm warning you, just don't.

Aztecs vs .... oh wait, oops never mind.

NEFC/Breakers -BYE Week. As we have seen this season already, the BYE usually gets you bumped down The List by another team that is right below you winning their game(s). With NEFC off this weekend, and then the whole New England NPL off for Columbus Day weekend, we could see the Stars and FCB make a run up The List and stay there for a few weeks if they have a strong showing the next few weekends (that, and they don't lose to the Bucks. I meant it. Don't.). Bottom line here for NEFC, they could be bumped off the tops of both The 04 List and the NE NPL table by Sunday. Hopefully they at least get a little sun this weekend, so they can go apple picking or something. If not, hey there are always Haunted Houses!!!

Results move the list, and Freddy moves back into your nightmares... for now.

Comment

Appreciating the unique personalities of List Guys.
                02 List Guy is concise. Adds a dash of pop culture to Spock-like logic
                03 and 04 add salsa to season it up with more personality.

Great work, and fun reads. Builds excitement and gives me Cliff Notes for the weekend drama. Haterz gonna Hate #ignore

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                  GU13 Weekend Preview (10/1-10/2) - "The Nightmare Edition"

"One, two, List Haters coming for you
                  Three, four, better rank no more
                  Five, six, teams on your list
                  Seven, eight, not even roster-gate
                  Nine, ten make List Hater want to grin"

Following up on the 03 List Guy's concern that I've been hacked to death and thrown into the boiler of the List Hater's basement, I just want to say I've emerged unscathed and alive for the sequel!

So unlike the prior week, there was little drama and suspense with the games last week, except apparently for one Oakwood parent taking umbridge with my description of their decisive loss as...well, "decisive". But I digress...

I thought we were going to make it through the week quietly, and without much issue (Heck even the Aztec folk barely groaned when they were relegated off the List. Obviously too busy trying to figure out what the hecka a LUNA is).

So quietly the thread sat for a few days until .... the last frame when Freddie's hand of blades comes slashing through the soccer net, startling the turf pellets right off of us!!! List Hater (forever now known as Freddy), donning his anonymous TS mask, stalking various List threads, and slashing on about things like ... "List's are sad...Leagues are uneven... not equal schedules".... and other terribly serious issues. There was even the inevitable attempt to unmask our List protagonists!

But just like in Nightmare on Elm Street, the sun has risen over Old Union Turnpike, and banished Freddy into the shadows for another week, where I've got no doubt he's sharpening his knives ready to return for 10 more sequels.

In the meantime, I've got my crucifix and cup of coffee in hand, and its on to the weekend preview.

"GOAT"
                  Penn Fusion vs The Dynamic Duo:
                  FC Boston vs Penn Fusion (Saturday 1:00p at United Sports Training Center)
                  FC Stars vs Penn Fusion (Sunday 10:30a at WCUSC)

Both Northeast NPL teams head south to PA for a doubleheader against the best and the worst that league has to offer. Pretty sure the PA List guy has already relegated FC Bucks off his list years ago, but Penn Fusion is the undisputed Beast of the East. Already 5-0 with 17 GF and only 4 GA. If Stars and/or FC Boston are able to pull off the upset here, they immediately go to top of the list. Heck, even a tie or 1 goal loss, might do that. The question remains, is playing Penn Fusion first better, or getting your confidence up against the Bucks first better? Answers to those questions coming by Sunday at noon!

UNDERCARDS
                  GPS vs SSS (Sunday 9:00a at Fesseden School)
                  This should be an interesting game. GPS, proudly donning its neon shirt, emerges from the shadows to take on their first significant challenge of the league season. Will they show some muscle and make a play for top of the NE NPL table? Will SSS use their NT player or let her rest for her 03 game later that day? I'm thinking that with or without their ringer, SSS and their speed, handles GPS here by a few goals and sends them back to wallflower status for the week. But if GPS wins, its off with the neon shirts, and we are talking a full-on Willie Whistle costume, with horns and all!

FC Stars vs FC Bucks (Saturday 10:00a at Council Rock North)
                  FC Boston vs FC Bucks (Sunday 8:00a at Council Rock North)
                  It almost goes without saying that any loss to FC Bucks by either team, will drop you down the List significantly. Of course that could be mitigated with a win versus Penn Fusion. But if that happens to either team, I might have to grab my blade glove and join Freddy, and slash this worthless piece of List to bits. Bottom line: Just don't lose to Bucks. Either of you. I'm warning you, just don't.

Aztecs vs .... oh wait, oops never mind.

NEFC/Breakers -BYE Week. As we have seen this season already, the BYE usually gets you bumped down The List by another team that is right below you winning their game(s). With NEFC off this weekend, and then the whole New England NPL off for Columbus Day weekend, we could see the Stars and FCB make a run up The List and stay there for a few weeks if they have a strong showing the next few weekends (that, and they don't lose to the Bucks. I meant it. Don't.). Bottom line here for NEFC, they could be bumped off the tops of both The 04 List and the NE NPL table by Sunday. Hopefully they at least get a little sun this weekend, so they can go apple picking or something. If not, hey there are always Haunted Houses!!!

Results move the list, and Freddy moves back into your nightmares... for now.
                  “I’M YOUR BOYFRIEND NOW, NANCY.”

-Freddy

Comment

Appreciating the unique personalities of List Guys.
                    02 List Guy is concise. Adds a dash of pop culture to Spock-like logic
                    03 and 04 add salsa to season it up with more personality.

Great work, and fun reads. Builds excitement and gives me Cliff Notes for the weekend drama. Haterz gonna Hate #ignore
                    Excellent! The List of List guys. 05 List guy must have been relegated

Comment

Excellent! The List of List guys. 05 List guy must have been relegated
                      There's an 05? thread name?

Comment

There's an 05? thread name?
                        I think the poster was joking. Freddy would certainly not allow for an 05 thread too!

Hats off to 04 list guy. Enjoyed the weekend preview very much. Thinking maybe I need to blow the dust of my old VHS tapes and rematch Nightmare on Elm Street this week.

Comment

I think the poster was joking. Freddy would certainly not allow for an 05 thread too!

Hats off to 04 list guy. Enjoyed the weekend preview very much. Thinking maybe I need to blow the dust of my old VHS tapes and rematch Nightmare on Elm Street this week.
                          05 guy is but a mere apprentice.

Comment

“I’M YOUR BOYFRIEND NOW, NANCY.”

-Freddy
                            Freddy M much scarier than Freddy K. Don't mess with the Scorps, he will bury your daughter's chances. Bad guy.

Comment

So is Jason D scarier than Jason V? And how didn't we pick up on the Freddy vs. Jason movie analogy from last year?

Comment

Any scores to report?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X