Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ok... But be honest. It is REQUIRED to have a credit card on file.
    and it's also required that each player attends many clinics and plays within multiple indoor leagues.

Comment

and it's also required that each player attends many clinics and plays within multiple indoor leagues.
      It also says in the contract ' your daughter will be abused by LL' please sign here, before accepting your spot'

Comment

Wait a minute. Ll wants players on her top teams to *gasp* PLAY over the winter?! What?! Madness!! (That's sarcasm for the dummies here).

Comment

Two years for my daughter and no CC on file for us . ... yes she plays on the top team
          Yes, credit card on file!

Also, ask SSS how many " guest players" it took to win tournaments at CFC. The superstar played more than one game a day as did many others!

Comment

I saw guest players from the AP teams play in both the U15 Elite game and U13 AP game. Anything to get a win! I understand using guest players with all the injuries happening on her teams but really can't she borrow regular "elite" team or "pre-elite" players to help out.
            The final game for the U14 AP and U15 AP was cancelled due to weather conditions.

Comment

The bigger question, why all the injuries. Over use?

Comment

The bigger question, why all the injuries. Over use?
                That's a solid question. Much better than the first player whining. If an 02 chose to stay with the team she has grown up with, but also plays with the team her birth head makes her eligible for on occasion, who cares? As long as the kid and the parent are on board--what the problem? Sss is a small club competing with giant ones who routinely switch up rosters on a weekend to weekend basis. They don't have that ability given the small player pool, yet they still compete. So much hate looks suspiciously like jealousy.

Comment

That's a solid question. Much better than the first player whining. If an 02 chose to stay with the team she has grown up with, but also plays with the team her birth head makes her eligible for on occasion, who cares? As long as the kid and the parent are on board--what the problem? Sss is a small club competing with giant ones who routinely switch up rosters on a weekend to weekend basis. They don't have that ability given the small player pool, yet they still compete. So much hate looks suspiciously like jealousy.
                  I have been with a so-called giant club for 5 years with 2 kids, and our rosters has never been switched up week to week. If we've taken in any guest players due to injury, it has always been from the lower team or younger team, and even that has been like three times total in 5 years. It's a fallacy that all clubs do this, so don't use it to justify that your club does it. Why not just stand by your club's choices on their own.

Comment

I have been with a so-called giant club for 5 years with 2 kids, and our rosters has never been switched up week to week. If we've taken in any guest players due to injury, it has always been from the lower team or younger team, and even that has been like three times total in 5 years. It's a fallacy that all clubs do this, so don't use it to justify that your club does it. Why not just stand by your club's choices on their own.
                    I'm sure that's true! Some do. Some don't. No one complains about stars constantly mixing up their rosters but when ll does it she's awful?! Weird double standard. And I do stand by the choices -- if I didn't we would be there.

Comment

I'm sure that's true! Some do. Some don't. No one complains about stars constantly mixing up their rosters but when ll does it she's awful?! Weird double standard. And I do stand by the choices -- if I didn't we would be there.
                      Different poster, but I personally hate the way Stars handles their rosters. I would never want my kid to play there for that reason alone. I believe rosters should be your rosters, and club pass only to be used when teams are short players and need subs due to injury, etc. The whole thing with making a huge roster of players and picking and choosing who plays for which game depending on who they are playing is lame. I would hate that. But to each their own. Might be preferred by some people.

Comment

Different poster, but I personally hate the way Stars handles their rosters. I would never want my kid to play there for that reason alone. I believe rosters should be your rosters, and club pass only to be used when teams are short players and need subs due to injury, etc. The whole thing with making a huge roster of players and picking and choosing who plays for which game depending on who they are playing is lame. I would hate that. But to each their own. Might be preferred by some people.
                        It builds competition, and therefore drives improvement. Most large athletic organizations operate this way, up to and including a pro environment.

We typically have players in 3 buckets: Top team, lower team, and those who swing. Of the swings, they go between teams depending on how they've preformed during the week. Players will all practice together at least once a week, early on, so there isn't a mismatch during the game.

They don't "call players in" for a tournament. But, it does explain why the team could look different from one game to the next.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1919248]It builds competition, and therefore drives improvement. Most large athletic organizations operate this way, up to and including a pro environment.

We typically have players in 3 buckets: Top team, lower team, and those who swing. Of the swings, they go between teams depending on how they've preformed during the week. Players will all practice together at least once a week, early on, so there isn't a mismatch during the game.

They don't "call players in" for a tournament. But, it does explain why the team could look different from one game to the next.[/QUOTE

They call players down 2 levels

Comment

The Stars have always played fast and loose with the club pass and have often been called out for it on this site because of it. The one thing they do though that SSS doesn't is find and develop top level players. Love or hate the Stars the do have a modest track record for putting players into the college game whereas the SSS really doesn't have the same sort or record. This is why their best players almost always leave them.

Comment

The Stars have always played fast and loose with the club pass and have often been called out for it on this site because of it. The one thing they do though that SSS doesn't is find and develop top level players. Love or hate the Stars the do have a modest track record for putting players into the college game whereas the SSS really doesn't have the same sort or record. This is why their best players almost always leave them.
                              Club pass to play up is one thing. Club pass to move top players down to lower teams just to win games is pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                                Club pass to play up is one thing. Club pass to move top players down to lower teams just to win games is pathetic.
                                What is pathetic is you. You don't like the nice things said about other clubs, so you dig out old posts and put them at the front of the line. I certainly hope this constant drumbeat from your club ends up biting you in the *****.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X