Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miramar United Elite FC Commentary

I hear Miramar will have a new soccer program headed by some people that are leaving West Pines. Is this true? If so, where can I find out more info? Do they have a web-site or anything? Any info would be helpful. Thanks!

Google Miramar Optimist

Worst soccer club ever.

Comment

http://www.miramaroptimistclub.org/

They are too lazy to have a functional website. Place is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Google Miramar Optimist

Worst soccer club ever.
        I know but isn't this suppossed to be a whole new club? If not then you're right. Miramar Optimist is terrible.

Comment

I know but isn't this suppossed to be a whole new club? If not then you're right. Miramar Optimist is terrible.
          I hope that it is a whole new club. But am afraid the politics of Miramar keep the Optimist in place. And they are a horribly run organization.

Everything in Miramar is horribly run, even the rec league is terribly run.

Comment

I hope that it is a whole new club. But am afraid the politics of Miramar keep the Optimist in place. And they are a horribly run organization.

Yup, that's why I was also hoping that it was a new club.

I guess we'll wait and see

Comment

It will be an entirely new club. Website will be up soon.

Comment

Bash! Great job dude. You have no idea about the Optimist Club, as you're swinging wildly at every other program within a 15 mile radius. Did you realize that they're involved in the Miracle League to serve disabled kids? They provide toys to underprivileged kids during the holidays via toy drives. They also support the county food banks with canned food drives at baseball games. Not to mention that they keep kids off the streets with organized leagues. Yeah, they're really a horribly run organization. What a true touchebag to even compare them. They are way out of your league, and the city council does listen to them. What a real low brow move to even bring them up like that.

Comment

I like the last post. Whether rec or travel, sometimes a soccer club is actually just part of the community. How many clubs in South Florida are actually giving back to the community. Don't know much about Miramar which probably means they don't win a lot of games and I am sure their better kids flee as a result. At the same time, don't hear any parents on here complaining about them and sounds like they are doing good work on different levels. Not every clubneeds to have a win first mentality.

Comment

Optimist straight joke

Bash! Great job dude. You have no idea about the Optimist Club, as you're swinging wildly at every other program within a 15 mile radius. Did you realize that they're involved in the Miracle League to serve disabled kids? They provide toys to underprivileged kids during the holidays via toy drives. They also support the county food banks with canned food drives at baseball games. Not to mention that they keep kids off the streets with organized leagues. Yeah, they're really a horribly run organization. What a true touchebag to even compare them. They are way out of your league, and the city council does listen to them. What a real low brow move to even bring them up like that.
                    Now this is definitely where I need to go to, to get my kid better. Keeping my kid off the street, now here is a real winners program. I also see how you mention the advancement of travel soccer is within this club in your post. I get it Optimist does community work, not your first stop for competitive soccer. Let's just look at the beauty of life and the plight of the butterflies together, hand in hand.

Good luck with the Optimist, Pines spin offs. City council listens to who, ain't no future in travel soccer with the Optimist. What a joke.

Comment

Now this is definitely where I need to go to, to get my kid better. Keeping my kid off the street, now here is a real winners program. I also see how you mention the advancement of travel soccer is within this club in your post. I get it Optimist does community work, not your first stop for competitive soccer. Let's just look at the beauty of life and the plight of the butterflies together, hand in hand.

Good luck with the Optimist, Pines spin offs. City council listens to who, ain't no future in travel soccer with the Optimist. What a joke.
                      Travel soccer starts small everywhere, and that's fine, but don't just bash and be mean spirited about a group you have no knowledge about. The smell of fear is just so obvious. What I do know is that you should stay away from this thread, because every mean spirited comment is seen as a sign of concern that more players leave your program. Focus on improving your program, it would go a long way.

Comment

Travel soccer starts small everywhere, and that's fine, but don't just bash and be mean spirited about a group you have no knowledge about. The smell of fear is just so obvious. What I do know is that you should stay away from this thread, because every mean spirited comment is seen as a sign of concern that more players leave your program. Focus on improving your program, it would go a long way.
                        Fear of what? A new group that will die a slow death in Miramar.

If the Miramar Optimist followed the very same advise on improving its program that you are giving out right now, travel soccer would be in a much better place in Miramar.

Comment

Miramar has almost twice the population size of Weston, and about 30,000 less residents than Pembroke Pines. How is it possible that travel soccer is death in Miramar?

For Miramar residents, we have neither a City nor a club that cared to take care of our children. We paid millions of dollars in taxes so the City could build and mismanage fields. As Miramar residence we have to drive to Weston, West Pines, Nova, Sunrise, Plantation, and Miami Lakes to play travel soccer. There are hundreds of us that do this, why is that?

Comment

Miramar had the Miramar Strikers Soccer club and the city basically caused them to implode the top coaches at Miami Lakes and West Pines were from the Miramar Strikers. To bad that club died it was a great club while it lasted.

Comment

Miramar's story is one of organizations that don't provide a quality soccer product to their residents. Both the Miramar Optimist and Miramar PAL (rec league) are two poorly run clubs, on the soccer side. On top of that you have a City's Park and Recreational department that does not care about the quality and state of their fields or the service they provide.

The above poster might think that folks are too harsh on Miramar but the reality of soccer in Miramar only confirms the criticism of mismanagement over the years.

Miramar Optimist had 2 teams playing B division soccer this year and a negative growth curve in the past three years. For a city with a population of over 110K that is an embarrassment.

While wishing all involved for the upcoming year the best, facts speak loudly that soccer in Miramar has been death for years now. That is a heavy burden to bare and try to turn around.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X