Stars Cup

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stars are afraid to play NEFC and SSS, have been for YEARS. I think calling them afraid is accurate, especially when they tried forever to keep them out of ECNL. Sorry JD, but now you get them in league, and not the terrible FC Boston teams.

FYI, Stars kept NEFC/Breakers out of Northeast NPL at U13....JD clearly is still afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      FYI, Stars kept NEFC/Breakers out of Northeast NPL at U13....JD clearly is still afraid.
      Speaking of which, I recently heard the rumor that it was because JD kept NEFC out of Northeast NPL at U13, that there has to be such a clear branding distinction between any of of the BBA ECNL teams and NEFC. That was the only way NEFC could keep their top U13 team, and their older NPL teams in New England NPL. Since New England NPL does not accept "so-called 2nd teams", and Northeast would not allow the NEFC/Breakers NPL teams or the U13 Pre-ECNL team in, they have to follow that strict distinction or fear losing their spot in New England NPL altogether. Hence having to drop those teams to NEP which would NOT be good for anyone.

If true, it seems like a smart counter by JD in response to BBA getting ECNL with NEFC as the youth partner. I mean, we all know the BBA teams (at least for the next few years) are basically NEFC Elite teams with different branding, but not allowing even an NEFC hoodie near the sidelines of a BBA ECNL game has got to be a tough pill to swallow for the NEFC folk.

All that being said, I think the real winners are the families of the NEFC NPL teams. Who wants to be saddled with the travel of the Northeast NPL league? And in many cases, the New England NPL has stronger competition anyway. Alas, it might all go to Hell next year anyway, with the silly GDA stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
        What's happening at U15? That's the oldest division right?
        It looks like it from the brackets. High school kids don't play in the fall.

Comment

I heard JD had a cow when one of the NEFC teams on their Stars Cup application wrote in NEFC pre ECNL
          What a clown

Comment

Stars are afraid to play NEFC and SSS, have been for YEARS. I think calling them afraid is accurate, especially when they tried forever to keep them out of ECNL. Sorry JD, but now you get them in league, and not the terrible FC Boston teams.

False

Comment

Speaking of which, I recently heard the rumor that it was because JD kept NEFC out of Northeast NPL at U13, that there has to be such a clear branding distinction between any of of the BBA ECNL teams and NEFC. That was the only way NEFC could keep their top U13 team, and their older NPL teams in New England NPL. Since New England NPL does not accept "so-called 2nd teams", and Northeast would not allow the NEFC/Breakers NPL teams or the U13 Pre-ECNL team in, they have to follow that strict distinction or fear losing their spot in New England NPL altogether. Hence having to drop those teams to NEP which would NOT be good for anyone.

If true, it seems like a smart counter by JD in response to BBA getting ECNL with NEFC as the youth partner. I mean, we all know the BBA teams (at least for the next few years) are basically NEFC Elite teams with different branding, but not allowing even an NEFC hoodie near the sidelines of a BBA ECNL game has got to be a tough pill to swallow for the NEFC folk.

All that being said, I think the real winners are the families of the NEFC NPL teams. Who wants to be saddled with the travel of the Northeast NPL league? And in many cases, the New England NPL has stronger competition anyway. Alas, it might all go to Hell next year anyway, with the silly GDA stuff.
              You sir or madam get it ! Finaly someone that sees this agreement as a whole.

Comment

I heard JD had a cow when one of the NEFC teams on their Stars Cup application wrote in NEFC pre ECNL
                What a clown
                You "hear" a lot.

Comment

You sir or madam get it ! Finaly someone that sees this agreement as a whole.
                  It really will be very interesting how it all shakes out next fall with Stars and BBA getting GDA. It will be epic TS fodder for sure. It might even give anti-GPS guy something else to do with his time other than revive forty anti GPS threads in the middle of the night.

Comment

FC Stars better advance in all brackets, they rigged them so bad. Surprised anyone would want to attend this farce on the girls side. Boys side quality is limited.

Comment

FC Stars better advance in all brackets, they rigged them so bad. Surprised anyone would want to attend this farce on the girls side. Boys side quality is limited.
                      NEFC troll? Sorry breakers troll!

Comment

Are the red solo cups in the parking lot the norm in other states at a kids soccer tournament?

Comment

Are the red solo cups in the parking lot the norm in other states at a kids soccer tournament?

really dumb question

Comment

anyone else go to the mess at stars cup today at lancaster. Way too many teams on the back fields, took 30 minutes to park.

Comment

anyone else go to the mess at stars cup today at lancaster. Way too many teams on the back fields, took 30 minutes to park.
                              Cluster F getting in and out of there. And like you said, it was a parking nightmare. 30 minutes to find someone leaving just to get the last parking space. Took me 20 minutes just to get out of the lot after the game.
                              They doubled up the teams in the back fields. They don't have enough parking for that in the back. Should have the U12s in the front. Or stagger some of the kickoff times. I'm telling the wife she can go tomorrow.

Comment

Cluster F getting in and out of there. And like you said, it was a parking nightmare. 30 minutes to find someone leaving just to get the last parking space. Took me 20 minutes just to get out of the lot after the game.
                                They doubled up the teams in the back fields. They don't have enough parking for that in the back. Should have the U12s in the front. Or stagger some of the kickoff times. I'm telling the wife she can go tomorrow.
                                No you won't because then you couldn't complain to a group that you don't know who can't anything to help.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X