Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered
    The "just let em play" thinking is just the normal "rec" coach thinking that pervades this site. Just ignore them because not only don't they know anything at what is going on in club soccer these days, their opinions are downright contrary to what it takes to successfully navigate the environment.
    This comment makes no sense. The poster responded to someone who was disappointed that his Mia was not going to play local teams in a tournament that has drawn strong teams from all over. I happen to agree with the poster. Why not, without driving or flying anywhere, play teams outside the state. It is hard to understand why you think the poster doesn't know what it takes to successfully navigate the environment, unless you mean that to navigate the environment you have to post nonsense about other clubs on an anonymous site.

Comment

Schedules are out.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Schedules are out.
        Some great matchups at U15,U14, and U13.
        Where are the list guys/ladies at their perspective age groups?

Comment

It's only a complaint because some of these in-state never get to play each other because of all these multiple leagues, etc. Of course it is great to play out of state teams we don't see often, but it would also be nice if top teams could test their metal occasionally against their local counterparts. Pretty sad when a Stars Pre-ECNL team will be playing a Chicago team twice in 2 weeks, but never play NEFC or SSS once all season.
          Pretty sad when someone makes a false statement when the facts are just a click away.

Comment

Pretty sad when someone makes a false statement when the facts are just a click away.
            So it appears it was the U13 Stars NPL team who played Chicago last weekend, and not the Pre-ECNL team. But the OP's point still stands. As a Stars parent I too would like to see our club play other local teams NEFC and SSS too (which is not happening in this age group at Stars Cup). I'm all for playing strong out of town teams, but when we have strong local competition that rarely gets to meet up, it is kinda ridiculous.

Comment

So it appears it was the U13 Stars NPL team who played Chicago last weekend, and not the Pre-ECNL team. But the OP's point still stands. As a Stars parent I too would like to see our club play other local teams NEFC and SSS too (which is not happening in this age group at Stars Cup). I'm all for playing strong out of town teams, but when we have strong local competition that rarely gets to meet up, it is kinda ridiculous.
              Sure you are.

Comment

you know what is worse - travelling 7 hours to play NEFC or SSS. Ask you coach to set up a scrimmage

Comment

Sure you are.
                  As a real fcb parent, I can assure you stars plays local teams. They organized friendlies with sss and fcb last year, and nefc's teams will compete against stars in league play and tournaments. So, fake stars parent, give it a rest or maybe reach out and see if you can schedule some friendlies.

Comment

As a real fcb parent, I can assure you stars plays local teams. They organized friendlies with sss and fcb last year, and nefc's teams will compete against stars in league play and tournaments. So, fake stars parent, give it a rest or maybe reach out and see if you can schedule some friendlies.
                    Sorry, not a fake Stars Parent. And Stars will not play SSS and NEFC in league play at U13, which was the age group being discussed. Try to keep up.

Comment

Sorry, not a fake Stars Parent. And Stars will not play SSS and NEFC in league play at U13, which was the age group being discussed. Try to keep up.
                      Sometimes I think that people should take screen shots of posts like this and send them to the clubs, so they can get weeded out. Take it up with the coach if it is something you feel strongly about. That's what most normal people do.

Comment

So let me get this straight.. A few previous posters expressed disappointment (not disgust, or horror, simply disappointment) about top local teams not being able to play each other in a local tournament, or hardly ever, for that matter, and I agreed with them. Some of us actually think there is plenty of good competition around here and would love to see the match ups. I am not irate or pissed off, or even close to the level of needing/wanting do anything more than expressing my agreement ... But I am the one called a fake and someone who needs to be weeded out of a team? Talk about overreaction.

That nonsense aside, the ongoing defense of having these teams NOT play each other makes me wonder WTH your agendas are? What possibly could be the defense of not wanting to see a good local match-up? That's all OP was saying and all I was agreeing with. I think most rational parents would agree.

Comment

So let me get this straight.. A few previous posters expressed disappointment (not disgust, or horror, simply disappointment) about top local teams not being able to play each other in a local tournament, or hardly ever, for that matter, and I agreed with them. Some of us actually think there is plenty of good competition around here and would love to see the match ups. I am not irate or pissed off, or even close to the level of needing/wanting do anything more than expressing my agreement ... But I am the one called a fake and someone who needs to be weeded out of a team? Talk about overreaction.

That nonsense aside, the ongoing defense of having these teams NOT play each other makes me wonder WTH your agendas are? What possibly could be the defense of not wanting to see a good local match-up? That's all OP was saying and all I was agreeing with. I think most rational parents would agree.
                          I agree with the other poster. If you have a simple request, the appropriate thing to do would be to take it up with the coaches rather than posting here. I don't think anyone is defending not playing each other. I thought the point was the opposite. Why the hysteria about not playing local teams when so many out of town teams will be here? My guess is that this is the same troll who tries to create a Stars v. NEFC thing, something the kids don't care about at all, and some of you took the bait.

Comment

I agree with the other poster. If you have a simple request, the appropriate thing to do would be to take it up with the coaches rather than posting here. I don't think anyone is defending not playing each other. I thought the point was the opposite. Why the hysteria about not playing local teams when so many out of town teams will be here? My guess is that this is the same troll who tries to create a Stars v. NEFC thing, something the kids don't care about at all, and some of you took the bait.
                            Typical straw man ... You obviously did not read my post at all. Again No "hysteria", just disappointment. You "get over it already or talk to your coach" folks are the ones who keep trying to make it seem like we are making it a bigger deal than it was. We are on a soccer forum discussing soccer things, including disappointment in tournament draws. Its called having a discussion, that you seem very intent on shutting down. Again, I really am starting to question YOUR motivation for trying to do so. Who is the real troll here.

Comment

Well then put your daughter on a team so she can play against them in league play if it's that important to you.

Comment

Well then put your daughter on a team so she can play against them in league play if it's that important to you.
                                What's happening at U15? That's the oldest division right?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X