Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    U15? Now they run from GPS to DAP at U13 on the boys side. If you're still at GPS at U13 you've been left behind by the impact players. The 3 GPS players on the 03 Revs team couldn't make the move fast enough for the inaugural U13 DAP season.
    Anyone else notice the inherent contradiction between the simultaneous claims that "GPS can't develop players" and "their good ones move to DAP/ECNL every year"

I like the poster that claims YMMV.
    What every parent wants is the best situation for their child within their gender, age group, and region. I don't know ANY parents who take the time nor feel the need to critique a club horizontally across genders, age groups, regions. We care about a club vertically - what is my child's path? ThE GPS basher on TS has outed herself on a number of threads as an administrator of a frustrated rival club deeply envious of GPS fiscal sustainability. Just like I hate the Yankees, GPS has taken something from this poster.

Comment

so I know 3 people whose children were/are at GPS, none of them elite players but very good players and U13 and below. One left within a year because coach often missed practice and had last minute sub coaches and a couple of time didnt show up at all for tournament games and parents had to coach. Other two had great experiences, said coaches were great, and children were really developing. So anyone who comes on here to say either GPS sucks or that they are the greatest ever clearly has a limited , narrow perspective, but yet based on their own experience.

Comment

so I know 3 people whose children were/are at GPS, none of them elite players but very good players and U13 and below. One left within a year because coach often missed practice and had last minute sub coaches and a couple of time didnt show up at all for tournament games and parents had to coach. Other two had great experiences, said coaches were great, and children were really developing. So anyone who comes on here to say either GPS sucks or that they are the greatest ever clearly has a limited , narrow perspective, but yet based on their own experience.

GPS is the typical 'too large of a club' with massive inconsistencies. If you are not on the top team (NPL) then you are more likely to be unhappy especially given the cost.

Comment

Anyone else notice the inherent contradiction between the simultaneous claims that "GPS can't develop players" and "their good ones move to DAP/ECNL every year."
          There is no contradiction. You can't explain it away. It is simply a numbers game. GPS is massive, with more registered players than any other club by a very large margin. Of course they'll capture some quality talent in their very wide net.

Development wise? Those 3 kids on the U13 Revs team weren't getting the quality training they needed at GPS(on the top team) so they had to look elsewhere, at an additional cost, to have their needs met. That begs the question, who really developed them? How can the top coach, on the top GPS team, fall so short of their expectations?

Comment

There is no contradiction. You can't explain it away. It is simply a numbers game. GPS is massive, with more registered players than any other club by a very large margin. Of course they'll capture some quality talent in their very wide net.

Development wise? Those 3 kids on the U13 Revs team weren't getting the quality training they needed at GPS(on the top team) so they had to look elsewhere, at an additional cost, to have their needs met. That begs the question, who really developed them? How can the top coach, on the top GPS team, fall so short of their expectations?
            We just have a different interpretation. My view is that GPS exceeded expectations. They cast a wide net, engage a broad range of talent, and facilitate move to next level. By definition, all players that move to Revs from any team are doing so to get "next level" training, and by definition NPL is lower than DAP.

GPS produced 3 Revs worthy players in one age group, impressive!

Comment

I agree with above, that's an endorsement of GPS
              Nice try spinning it as a negative. GPS NPL < Revs DAP...shocker!

Comment

We just have a different interpretation. My view is that GPS exceeded expectations. They cast a wide net, engage a broad range of talent, and facilitate move to next level. By definition, all players that move to Revs from any team are doing so to get "next level" training, and by definition NPL is lower than DAP.

GPS produced 3 Revs worthy players in one age group, impressive!
                So has a small club like Baysidefc in rhode island.GPS should be producing more and better quality.

Comment

So has a small club like Baysidefc in rhode island.GPS should be producing more and better quality.
                  Better quality than Revs DAP?
                  Good on Bayside, and Good on GPS

Comment

Better quality than Revs DAP?
                    Good on Bayside, and Good on GPS
                    Baysidefc has some very good coaches. I wouldn't say better than Revs. Baysidefc historical has recruited the better players in RI. Tough to get a feel if the recruiting is they key to their success or development. Same for GPS. Baysidefc takes pride in they way they play and the type of players they recruit. It been quality over quantity. GPS seems to be more about quantity over quality. Two different models. One just feel more homegrown and genuine than the other.

Comment

Baysidefc has some very good coaches. I wouldn't say better than Revs. Baysidefc historical has recruited the better players in RI. Tough to get a feel if the recruiting is they key to their success or development. Same for GPS. Baysidefc takes pride in they way they play and the type of players they recruit. It been quality over quantity. GPS seems to be more about quantity over quality. Two different models. One just feel more homegrown and genuine than the other.
                      Makes perfect sense. One focuses on a specific profile, the other extends access. Market needs both

Comment

Anyone else notice the inherent contradiction between the simultaneous claims that "GPS can't develop players" and "their good ones move to DAP/ECNL every year"

I like the poster that claims YMMV.
                        What every parent wants is the best situation for their child within their gender, age group, and region. I don't know ANY parents who take the time nor feel the need to critique a club horizontally across genders, age groups, regions. We care about a club vertically - what is my child's path? ThE GPS basher on TS has outed herself on a number of threads as an administrator of a frustrated rival club deeply envious of GPS fiscal sustainability. Just like I hate the Yankees, GPS has taken something from this poster.
                        Go back to the title of the thread. It's incendiary, and bound to incite attacks.

A more appropriate title may have been something like "GPS has worked great for my kid" or "GPS has been the perfect club for us." I agree that any customer review of a club should be based on its performance relative to that customer's individual expectations and circumstances.

If the poster wants to extol the virtues of GPS for their wants, needs and abilities, that's great and worth reading. In my family's particular situation, GPS would be a terrible club for our kids, for a whole host of reasons. If our current club ceased to exist, GPS would be the 4th or 5th club we would consider for our kids' abilities and aspirations.

It dawns on me that the OP is trolling, knowing that the title itself would blow up debate.

Comment

Go back to the title of the thread. It's incendiary, and bound to incite attacks.

A more appropriate title may have been something like "GPS has worked great for my kid" or "GPS has been the perfect club for us." I agree that any customer review of a club should be based on its performance relative to that customer's individual expectations and circumstances.

If the poster wants to extol the virtues of GPS for their wants, needs and abilities, that's great and worth reading. In my family's particular situation, GPS would be a terrible club for our kids, for a whole host of reasons. If our current club ceased to exist, GPS would be the 4th or 5th club we would consider for our kids' abilities and aspirations.

It dawns on me that the OP is trolling, knowing that the title itself would blow up debate.
                          The context escaped you! Do you have Asperger's?

Comment

The context escaped you! Do you have Asperger's?
                            No. Are you a f***ing ********* who needs to accuse others of having some kind of mental health issue in order to feel good about yourself on a Saturday morning?

Comment

No. Are you a f***ing ********* who needs to accuse others of having some kind of mental health issue in order to feel good about yourself on a Saturday morning?
                              Seriously? The tongue-in-cheek nature of this title escaped you? you found a "My Ckub is the best" more incendiary than GPS Desperation?

Comment

Gotta agree with the name caller on this one.
                                TS loaded with GENERIC bashing of GPS

Pretty obvious that OP was responding in kind with preposterous generic claim

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X