Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NDA fires Select Coaches or Select Abandons NDA

1 week before tryouts and NDA is left without a soccer coach for all their teams. What happened?

She is a a complete ****E

Should of done it years ago!! Bitche would take an 8th grader that played selects over a junior girl that was a JV PLAYER. Yes took 8th graders to fill JV SPOTS. People paying 15k + and cutting JV PLAYERS.

Comment

What's NDA?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Should of done it years ago!! Bitche would take an 8th grader that played selects over a junior girl that was a JV PLAYER. Yes took 8th graders to fill JV SPOTS. People paying 15k + and cutting JV PLAYERS.
        If the junior sucks, they shouldn't be handed a spot because they're older. This is a problem in every high school. Coaches giving spots to older players because they've been there longer. Parents whining to AD'S about the coach. Pick the best players in the school regardless of the grade, period!

Comment

If the junior sucks, they shouldn't be handed a spot because they're older. This is a problem in every high school. Coaches giving spots to older players because they've been there longer. Parents whining to AD'S about the coach. Pick the best players in the school regardless of the grade, period!
          Yes, but 9-12 should be H.S.

Comment

I generally agree with you, but it's a very rare instance when an eighth grader is ready for varsity. Why not let them develop and give the junior a chance? I have witnessed some late blooming 16 year olds become stand outs at 17. Most likely the eighth grader isn't going to be a stand out player until they get older.

Comment

Yes, but 9-12 should be H.S.
              I'm pretty sure you are aware when you send a kid to a private school , what grades are in the school. Send your kid to a school with grades 9-12 if that's what you prefer.

Comment

I generally agree with you, but it's a very rare instance when an eighth grader is ready for varsity. Why not let them develop and give the junior a chance? I have witnessed some late blooming 16 year olds become stand outs at 17. Most likely the eighth grader isn't going to be a stand out player until they get older.
                I disagree, most 8th graders and freshman are playing much more soccer and are in better shape than the upper classmen when it comes to girls soccer.

They younger kids run circles around the older kids at most school. I would say 90% of the girls get worse each year after their freshman year. The only ones that excel and improve are the ones that will go on to play college which is a small amount.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you are aware when you send a kid to a private school , what grades are in the school. Send your kid to a school with grades 9-12 if that's what you prefer.
                  There should be a 4 year limit to play.

Comment

Heard she couldn't use the NDA fields for profit any more, had to pay to rent them. So she took her staff and went home.

Comment

There should be a 4 year limit to play.
                      Bring it up with the state, has nothing to do w NDA.

Comment

I disagree, most 8th graders and freshman are playing much more soccer and are in better shape than the upper classmen when it comes to girls soccer.

They younger kids run circles around the older kids at most school. I would say 90% of the girls get worse each year after their freshman year. The only ones that excel and improve are the ones that will go on to play college which is a small amount.
                        This is a tough situation for any coach. If I had the opportunity to pick up a talented 8th grader I probably would. These juniors show up the same player they were last year and in the meantime these younger kids are working out everyday. It's probably best if the school defines varsity as 9-12. I also don't think a player should get more than 4 years at the varsity level. You can't blame her though if talent is available you grab it.

Comment

The 8th graders played for her at SSS. There were 3-4 on varsity last year at nda.

Comment

Using that rationale, if a girl plays 8,9,10 & 11, she will be awful by her senior year.

Comment

She has a college position lined up.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X