Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Henry buying the Revs?

"Owners of the Boston Red Sox are again eyeing an expansion at historic Fenway Park, with an estimated $4 million of plans for more dugout-area seating for fans, new suites, a right-field grandstand bar and a removable bullpen field wall so the park can fit regulation FIFA soccer games."

"Fenway Park’s existing stationary bullpen field wall would be replaced with a new removable wall to accommodate the regulation Federation Internationale de Football Association soccer pitch."

"The plans for a regulation FIFA pitch raise the question of whether Fenway’s owners could be open to hosting New England Revolution soccer games."

Maybe the time has come for the Krafts and the Revs to part ways.

link

http://www.bostonherald.com/business...ay_renovations

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      "Owners of the Boston Red Sox are again eyeing an expansion at historic Fenway Park, with an estimated $4 million of plans for more dugout-area seating for fans, new suites, a right-field grandstand bar and a removable bullpen field wall so the park can fit regulation FIFA soccer games."

"Fenway Park’s existing stationary bullpen field wall would be replaced with a new removable wall to accommodate the regulation Federation Internationale de Football Association soccer pitch."

"The plans for a regulation FIFA pitch raise the question of whether Fenway’s owners could be open to hosting New England Revolution soccer games."

Maybe the time has come for the Krafts and the Revs to part ways.
      Moving to Fenway truly would be a game changer. Even if Kraft still owned them he'd see the bigger potential the team has if sits are filled and they expand the fan base.

Comment

I'm really not sure there is more than about 3 true soccer fans at this site.
        Liverpool (owned by Henry) is worth about a billion. Revs maybe 5 bucks on a good day.
        Who do you think Henry is looking to promote?

Comment

I'm really not sure there is more than about 3 true soccer fans at this site.
          Liverpool (owned by Henry) is worth about a billion. Revs maybe 5 bucks on a good day.
          Who do you think Henry is looking to promote?
          As a die-hard Liverpool fan, my first thought when I read this was that it might mean much more LFC cross-promotion. However, I can also see him wanting to utilize a new regulation soccer field for local teams too. Whether that means Revs, perhaps. But definitely more friendlys, tournaments, and hosting in general...which is a good thing.

Comment

As a die-hard Liverpool fan, my first thought when I read this was that it might mean much more LFC cross-promotion. However, I can also see him wanting to utilize a new regulation soccer field for local teams too. Whether that means Revs, perhaps. But definitely more friendlys, tournaments, and hosting in general...which is a good thing.
            Never been to soccer match at Fenway but I'd think the sight lines would suck.

Comment

Some of them do suck, but some of them are pretty terrific. Kind of like a Sox game. ;-)

Comment

That's the whole point of the renovations, to eliminate the dead space at the curved areas and install removable walls and bring the whole park to FIFA regulations. Do you see the disaster of field dimensions and sight lines NYCFC plays in? I really don't think John Henry is interested in MLS (or maybe he is) but this has more to do with promoting his club Liverpool into the US market a little more with International friendlies and such. They are sure fire grabs. Loads of EPL fans here.

Comment

That's the whole point of the renovations, to eliminate the dead space at the curved areas and install removable walls and bring the whole park to FIFA regulations. Do you see the disaster of field dimensions and sight lines NYCFC plays in? I really don't think John Henry is interested in MLS (or maybe he is) but this has more to do with promoting his club Liverpool into the US market a little more with International friendlies and such. They are sure fire grabs. Loads of EPL fans here.
                  The Roma/Liverpool game was amazing to watch at Fenway. You're right there with the players.

Comment

Having more EPL games in town would fantastic. But I'd go to the Revs more often if they were in the city. Easier to get to, more to do in the area before and after the game. it's just a much more fun environment than sterile Foxboro

Comment

Having more EPL games in town would fantastic. But I'd go to the Revs more often if they were in the city. Easier to get to, more to do in the area before and after the game. it's just a much more fun environment than sterile Foxboro
                      Agreed. Putting 15-20,000 people in a stadium built for 35,000 is a lot better experience than one for 60,000.

Every extra-curricular activity in Fenway is better than Foxboro.

Comment

The Revs product would still suck and Kraft would change it. Henry doesn't want the revs. Yes there are A lot of soccer loving people in the Boston area but they are used to a far superior product. Don't think that just because they love soccer that they'll come see the Revs play and pay the associated cost (which won't be cheap). Many love the game but most are not ignorant or stupid

Comment

Breakers

Comment

I don't think the Krafts will ever sell the Revs. The Revs may not have more than 10,000 or 15,000 fans a game but the revenue at Patriot Place those fans bring in 20 dates during the Patriots offseason is something I have hard time imagining them letting go of that cash flow.

Comment

I don't think the Krafts will ever sell the Revs. The Revs may not have more than 10,000 or 15,000 fans a game but the revenue at Patriot Place those fans bring in 20 dates during the Patriots offseason is something I have hard time imagining them letting go of that cash flow.
                              lol and they'd lose all that parking lot revenue alone. In the city more people would take public transportation or have to park in lots not under Krafts control. If the Revs were losing money or causing big headaches I think he's sell. But it probably makes a little cash and like you said keeps that empty place busy a few additional times. Have you ever been there when there's no event? Ghost town

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X