Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I love the Teamsnap app. Our coach is great. Communication is very good. Practices are all scheduled and things proceed on time. I'm looking forward to the start of the regular season. My child is happy and likes his teammates. I couldn't care less about the people running the club. I know my son doesn't care. I'm getting my money's worth. I have no real complaints.

Same here. Great preseason training and tournament so far. Practice schedule set through November. Our regional coaches are great.

Comment

The point was not whether or not your happy at the player level, it was about the overall health of the club - long term development of the club. Imagine what would happen to a club like the Bolts if it continues to rely on DAP and one day that monopoly edge is lost? What is the club overall doing to better itself - is it organically growing or only through acquisition? is its geographic footprint growing as other clubs are? are they financially sound? do they own their own fields? how many kids are in their junior academies? what are their results on the field as a whole?
      I'm not investing in the club. I'm a customer and I happend to be satisfied with the product. Why you would care about such things has me perpelexed. I'll be involved with the club for the next 6-7 years as long as they continue to meet the needs of my son. If they don't we'll leave. Our contract is year to year.

Comment

I'm not investing in the club. I'm a customer and I happend to be satisfied with the product. Why you would care about such things has me perpelexed. I'll be involved with the club for the next 6-7 years as long as they continue to meet the needs of my son. If they don't we'll leave. Our contract is year to year.
        I'm with you, but it looks like there are quite a few parents with a completely different sentiment out there, particularly if a family with multiple players has been at the same club for 5+ years. They have put who knows how much time and money into the club, know all the families, the coaches are great, their kids have secure spots on desired teams, and they may even have their eyes set on some special team few years down the road. Then the club gets a new DOC or program that causes a turn in the wrong direction and these parents start feeling a great uneasiness, as they don't want to have to leave their comfortable little bubble. So they try to do anything they can to keep things status-quo, as starting over at a new club is terrifying, and some even start to get nasty (see some of the Aztec posts!). I don't really understand this fear of moving on to something new when it's clearly time, but it seems quite prevalent amongst posters on this site.

Comment

Perplexed? Its called a different priority. Glad you are happy. Was not bashing you nor your thought process. In my opinion, we are not just buying any old service, you are looking for a club that continues to develop as an organization. So for the long term, you are invested per se. Yes you can leave but club hopping is not for everyone, especially me. Important in my opinion to join an organization that is healthy and growing. Which ones are healthy/growing versus not is up for discussion, but it is less an opinion of a parent and rather facts such as results, field ownership, population of teams and breadth of presence.

Comment

Perplexed? Its called a different priority. Glad you are happy. Was not bashing you nor your thought process. In my opinion, we are not just buying any old service, you are looking for a club that continues to develop as an organization. So for the long term, you are invested per se. Yes you can leave but club hopping is not for everyone, especially me. Important in my opinion to join an organization that is healthy and growing. Which ones are healthy/growing versus not is up for discussion, but it is less an opinion of a parent and rather facts such as results, field ownership, population of teams and breadth of presence.
            Field ownership can be overrated., field control is more important. I was told our FCB region has very attractive rates for field space and the control they want. Field ownership does have it own set of issues though. Many big businesses prefer leasing real estate vs. owning. See CVS and Mobil.

For population of teams, if that means # of players on rosters, my experience is that they don't overpopulate and don't money grab for the most spots available. And recent press releases indicate the no. of players/teams is not shrinking. Regarding breadth of presence, I have no idea what that means. If its brand and name recognition, this website alone shows that its very strong.

Comment

I'd agree with you about fields if FCB has a high six figure bank account, but if it is not turning around and investing into fields - where does it invest? After 30 years a club should show something for where it stands. NEFC, Stars both build fields inside a 2 year span? It gives you tremendous control over your schedule and you don't flush money down the toilet for rent.

Breadth of Presence is geographic and Population is total participants in the club, and at each age level. .

Comment

I'd agree with you about fields if FCB has a high six figure bank account, but if it is not turning around and investing into fields - where does it invest? After 30 years a club should show something for where it stands. NEFC, Stars both build fields inside a 2 year span? It gives you tremendous control over your schedule and you don't flush money down the toilet for rent.

Breadth of Presence is geographic and Population is total participants in the club, and at each age level. .
                A club doesn't need to build fields to show where it stands. Provide solid development, passionate coaching, a fun atmosphere for the kids, all for an affordable price is what matters. Club could charge $500 more per kid and be in line with other mega clubs to build up a fund to build fields. But that won't provide any benefit for the items listed below.

Comment

A club doesn't need to build fields to show where it stands. Provide solid development, passionate coaching, a fun atmosphere for the kids, all for an affordable price is what matters. Club could charge $500 more per kid and be in line with other mega clubs to build up a fund to build fields. But that won't provide any benefit for the items listed below.
                  I don't believe Stars or NEFC charge $500 more per player. Where is all the money going?

Comment

NEFC and FCB NPL charges within $150 of each other and NEFC gives an additional night of training a week. Stars NPL is actually cheaper than FCB.

Comment

Just imagine 2 people - both making the same salary - if after 30 years of working in your job and "saving" all you could show for it was an apartment that you were renting, but you went on vacations and had little savings in the bank and a person working less than 10 years has a nice custom house designed actually how they wanted it- which shows better decision making?

Comment

Just imagine 2 people - both making the same salary - if after 30 years of working in your job and "saving" all you could show for it was an apartment that you were renting, but you went on vacations and had little savings in the bank and a person working less than 10 years has a nice custom house designed actually how they wanted it- which shows better decision making?
                        The one with the great coaches, nice practice fields and DAP.

Comment

Very poor analogy. Your comparing someone who prefers to spend their disposal income on vacations instead of living in a nicer house with the potential owning it. What if the renter can better provide for his kid's college education or better fund their retirement. I know a lot folks that are house poor and would love some extra cash for vacations, college fund, retirement contributions, etc.

Comment

I have a very close friend who you would classify as person no. 1. He may be the happiest person that I've ever known. Many people are jealous of him.

Comment

NEFC and FCB NPL charges within $150 of each other and NEFC gives an additional night of training a week. Stars NPL is actually cheaper than FCB.
                              What does Stars charge? I assumed they were north of 2k for full year program.

Comment

I have a very close friend who you would classify as person no. 1. He may be the happiest person that I've ever known. Many people are jealous of him.
                                The analogy was not about happiness, it was about decision making. I know tons of happy people that go through life paycheck to paycheck, and I know several that when retirement hits or a traumatic event happens, they have virtually nothing and struggle. Lets face it having an asset or assets to speak of shows you are planning.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X