Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There was no hate, she's an idiot and not very smart. She is good with her fist so she is strong. She didn't have to come to Brazil. Many chose not to come but to be the " idiot American" in the room. Hoping the US women lose to Brazil and learn a bit of humility
    Brazil is a third world crap hole - literally. Good for her. More should speak out.

Comment

Brazil is a third world crap hole - literally. Good for her. More should speak out.
      More should insult the host country and make light of a national health crisis? Sorry but I'd hope our athletes have a little more sensitivity. They do represent our country. They didn't pick the host country - Brazil paid handsomely for that.

Comment

More should insult the host country and make light of a national health crisis? Sorry but I'd hope our athletes have a little more sensitivity. They do represent our country. They didn't pick the host country - Brazil paid handsomely for that.
        It is a travesty that Brazil was selected for these games. I can understand athletes wanting to point out the craziness of having the games here and wanting to find ways to point that out to the IOC. However, Hope Solo doesn't appear to be quite facile enough to criticize the IOC without coming off looking like just another pampered, ugly American. It would take quite a bit of dexterity to manage that, and she's just a (very talented) athlete

Comment

Have you visited?

Comment

And Russia and Qatar bought the WC. I wonder will the USMNT make jokes about issues in those countries?

Too bad the USWNT could not behave with a bit more class seeing the "represent " this country

Comment

She's a ding bat

Comment

And Russia and Qatar bought the WC. I wonder will the USMNT make jokes about issues in those countries?

Too bad the USWNT could not behave with a bit more class seeing the "represent " this country
                It's only the one trailer trash player. acting a fool.

Actually, that's an insult to people who live in trailers. They've got more common sense.

Comment

She's a ding bat
                  That's an insult to bats

Comment

Its called Freedom of Speech. Do you think women should be barefoot, pregnant and stay in the kitchen?
                    Not sure if you know it, but you are the one being very sexist about women here. This thread is about one person's specific actions (arrested for violent abuse) and individual statements. At no point was gender even considered. Just as there is a continuum of character and intelligence among males, so too is there a continuum among females. This one has unfortunately shown herself to be at the classless and stupid end of that spectrum. She is also a great athlete, and the best goalie we have, so despite her off-field issues, she plays - same as our top male athletes.

Please get comfortable with the fact that society does treat women (nearly) equally, and this thread is one of those examples. Sometimes equality means equal scrutiny. Accusing others of being intimidated by an "opinionated women" shows you are not comfortable accepting an equal role.

Comment

Have you visited?
                      Perhaps you should return and get off of our public assistance

Comment

Not sure if you know it, but you are the one being very sexist about women here. This thread is about one person's specific actions (arrested for violent abuse) and individual statements. At no point was gender even considered. Just as there is a continuum of character and intelligence among males, so too is there a continuum among females. This one has unfortunately shown herself to be at the classless and stupid end of that spectrum. She is also a great athlete, and the best goalie we have, so despite her off-field issues, she plays - same as our top male athletes.

Please get comfortable with the fact that society does treat women (nearly) equally, and this thread is one of those examples. Sometimes equality means equal scrutiny. Accusing others of being intimidated by an "opinionated women" shows you are not comfortable accepting an equal role.
                        I'm not even convinced she's that great a GK. She rarely gets tested because she has one of the world's best defensive walls protecting her.

Comment

Are you kidding, she is bye far the best women's GK in the world

Comment

Are you kidding, she is bye far the best women's GK in the world
                            Not the OP but I am also not convinced of that - there are many games she hardly even touches the ball. Is she excellent? Absolutely. Is she also a train wreck? Absolutely.

Comment

I'm not even convinced she's that great a GK. She rarely gets tested because she has one of the world's best defensive walls protecting her.
                              True, but she has persisted through multiple camps, etc. Someone feels she is our best.
                              I looked at her tweets, they were actually pretty funny, and in turn, the Brazilian chant of Zika was also pretty funny, and a fair game response.

Agree with above poster that this thread has nothing to do with gender bias

Comment

True, but some would argue that not being regularly tested in games makes coming up with the occasional big save all that much harder. It can be a challenge to maintain mental focus and sharpness when not seeing the ball for long periods of time. Solo has made some pretty terrific saves over the years, and as the other poster noted, if someone in the system was consistently out performing her, they'd be the one starting.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X