Rising U14 Girls (2003)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice opening weekend for teams on the list!!

BBA playing games on sat and sun!

Aztec v GPS
    LFC v Stars West
    SSS v new girls academy club Oakwood

Should find out a lot

Good luck to all the teams! Should be fun to watch these games!

Comment

2003 Weekend Preview: (Fall Season League Kickoff)

So it begins...the 2016 New England NPL League play is upon us. All the New England NPL Teams are in action. Moreover, the Breakers(NEFC) make their maiden voyage into the ECNL. The Stars and FCB have the weekend off. As the 03 List Guy gazes into his ever cloudy crystal ball, one thing is for certain, this campaign promises a host of storylines, plot twists and shenanigans.

GOTW:
      Aztecs v. GPS: "Aztecs come out to PLAAAY...Aztecs come out to PLAAAY". Fortunately for the Aztecs, they are not playing the Baseball Furies but GPS. This game could potentially get very ugly very fast. Got Soccers #5 team in the Nation (cringing) has trouble scoring and more importantly, GPS need a good performance to stave off relegation from the List (more on this later). Aztecs win this one going away.

SSS v. OW: The two and half hour ride to the Glastonbury Turnpike is a huge home field advantage for OW. 13 year old girls in the GMC Arcadia for over two hours is like east coast NFL teams flying out to Seattle. But SSS shake off the jet lag and win a close game. OW isn't a bad side, an OW soccer mom the 03 List Guy used to know in grad school (smiling to self) says OW are about the same as last year. What? You thought picking these games was scientific?

Liverpool v. Stars West: Two very similar teams. Both are big, physical, disciplined and play very good defense. A lot to like...I'm a fan of both. Stars West are better offensively however. Feels like a 2-0, 3-1 type game for Stars West.

Breakers(NEFC): NB and the girls travel to the Keystone State to start the ECNL season. On Saturday they lock horns with FC Bucks and on Sunday mix it up with Penn Fusion. The Breakers will have little trouble bagging the Bucks on Saturday, but Sunday is THE GAME to keep an eye on. The Breakers potent offense (oh by the way, that striker people were talking about last year in the Rising U13 Thread is as good as advertised--4 goals against East Meadow last weekend) meets the best backline in the Northeast ECNL. Slight advantage to the Spirit Cup champs Penn Fusion, but a tremendous matchup.

Additional thoughts:
      -The 03 List is locked on 8 spots (3 ECNL and 5 NE NPL) and not teams. Teams will be promoted and relegated. Obviously, GPS is off to a terrible start win wise and in danger of being relegated. The 03 List Guy will be keeping a close eye on the NEFC(BB) NPL and Bayside game this weekend. Bayside easily won the Championship White Division of the Stars Cup last weekend. A statement game by NEFC NPL against Bayside promotes them to the List...a loss by GPS and there will be no Saved by the Bell (see what I did there? Bayside...Saved by the Bell...eh...time to digress).

Results move the List...and Kelly Kapowski

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        2003 Weekend Preview: (Fall Season League Kickoff)

So it begins...the 2016 New England NPL League play is upon us. All the New England NPL Teams are in action. Moreover, the Breakers(NEFC) make their maiden voyage into the ECNL. The Stars and FCB have the weekend off. As the 03 List Guy gazes into his ever cloudy crystal ball, one thing is for certain, this campaign promises a host of storylines, plot twists and shenanigans.

GOTW:
        Aztecs v. GPS: "Aztecs come out to PLAAAY...Aztecs come out to PLAAAY". Fortunately for the Aztecs, they are not playing the Baseball Furies but GPS. This game could potentially get very ugly very fast. Got Soccers #5 team in the Nation (cringing) has trouble scoring and more importantly, GPS need a good performance to stave off relegation from the List (more on this later). Aztecs win this one going away.

SSS v. OW: The two and half hour ride to the Glastonbury Turnpike is a huge home field advantage for OW. 13 year old girls in the GMC Arcadia for over two hours is like east coast NFL teams flying out to Seattle. But SSS shake off the jet lag and win a close game. OW isn't a bad side, an OW soccer mom the 03 List Guy used to know in grad school (smiling to self) says OW are about the same as last year. What? You thought picking these games was scientific?

Liverpool v. Stars West: Two very similar teams. Both are big, physical, disciplined and play very good defense. A lot to like...I'm a fan of both. Stars West are better offensively however. Feels like a 2-0, 3-1 type game for Stars West.

Breakers(NEFC): NB and the girls travel to the Keystone State to start the ECNL season. On Saturday they lock horns with FC Bucks and on Sunday mix it up with Penn Fusion. The Breakers will have little trouble bagging the Bucks on Saturday, but Sunday is THE GAME to keep an eye on. The Breakers potent offense (oh by the way, that striker people were talking about last year in the Rising U13 Thread is as good as advertised--4 goals against East Meadow last weekend) meets the best backline in the Northeast ECNL. Slight advantage to the Spirit Cup champs Penn Fusion, but a tremendous matchup.

Additional thoughts:
        -The 03 List is locked on 8 spots (3 ECNL and 5 NE NPL) and not teams. Teams will be promoted and relegated. Obviously, GPS is off to a terrible start win wise and in danger of being relegated. The 03 List Guy will be keeping a close eye on the NEFC(BB) NPL and Bayside game this weekend. Bayside easily won the Championship White Division of the Stars Cup last weekend. A statement game by NEFC NPL against Bayside promotes them to the List...a loss by GPS and there will be no Saved by the Bell (see what I did there? Bayside...Saved by the Bell...eh...time to digress).

Results move the List...and Kelly Kapowski
        Well Done Slater

Comment

04 List Guy approves of any and all Saved By The Bell references!

Comment

The List (2003 Version) Stars Cup Weekend Results:

1A. Breakers(NEFC): 2nd place in the Premiership Blue Division Bracket B (the PDA Bracket)
            1B. FCB: Reached the Finals of the Premiership White Division before falling to Bracket B Champs Seacoast United (more on these guys in a moment).
            3. SSS: 2nd place in the Premiership White Division (the Seacoast United Bracket).
            4. Stars: Last place in the Premiership Blue Division Bracket A (the Bracket without PDA). Looked good against Albertsons, but not so good against Cleveland FC. Could have gone either way against Match Fit.
            5. Stars West: Last place in the Premiership White Division Bracket A. Very competitve against FCB and World Class. Tied Eclipse ECNL 2-2.
            6. Aztecs: DNP manager's decision.
            7. Liverpool: DNP manager's decisions.
            8. GPS: 3rd place in the Championship Blue Division Bracket B. Did not score a goal this weekend.

Logic and additional thoughts:
            -Newton's Third Law of Motion states that for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. I'm sure there is math to support this theory, but the far more compelling proof are the results, or more poignantly, a lack thereof, of this weekends matches. Distressingly for The List 2003 Version, only FCB and Stars West played each other. The anti-list crowd will love this (and they are out there), but trying to make a list on a weekend when no team really stood out is...well...rubbish (sound familiar anyone?). So after 5 or 6 red solo cups of adult beverages in the parking lot of Progin (love Jersey soccer people...they really come prepared) a list was composed.

-First of all, congrat to Seacoast United. A fine tournament. Upset victories over SSS and FCB may have been the highlight of the U14 Division. Would be #1 team on The List if they were not located in NH.

-Second of all, F@&$ you Seacoast United! Ruining a dream finals between SSS and FCB. Could you imagine that sideline? Good golly! Rumor has it that the police detail on Lunenburg Road was on full alert.

-Ok, I know, I didn't really pick a #1 team. Instead, I went with the 1A and 1B cop out, but IMHO no one deserved it this week. FCB would have been #1 if they won, but they lost in the Finals to Seacoast United (hope all the minivans got flat tires on the way back to Epping).
            -Truth is, Breakers(NEFC) looked the best to me, but they didn't reach the finals. They were defeated by PDA 3-1 (I know, blatant offsides no call directly led to a PDA goal), but beat a very good East Meadow team 4-1. Breakers(NEFC) will score a bunch of goals this year...but can they defend (7 goals FOR and 6 goals AGAINST). Stay tuned.

-Aztecs and Liverpool: The Aztecs have taken more than a little grief for not showing, but they did play in the Spirit Cup last week and the NPL New England season begins next week. Both teams will be fresh from the time off and at full strength. If winning the New England NPL is the goal, maybe not a bad strategy. I'm not as brutal as 2004 List Guy, neither team deserves the basement.

-SSS: The #3 spot seems almost unfair after reaching the Finals of the Spirit Cup last week. However, not reaching the finals hurt and I'm also holding them partly responsible for ruining the SSS and FCB finals. Quite frankly, a dust up between SSS and FCB is exactly what this thread needed.

Newton's Third Law of Motion moves the list...and red solo cups
            You mentioned Seacoast being from NH...Seacoast NPL is comprised of top players from all Seacoast regions (NH, ME -Mariners MA - Kings) it's first time they are doing this across all age groups, there was some experimenting with NH and ME region last fall in one age group. G 2005 Seacoast NPL also won Premiership White FC Stars Cup, beat PDA in final. I think with their new three state approach they will be a force this year. We will see!

Comment

The irony of GP$, the conglomerate that forms team for any paying body, possibly being relegated, is priceless.

No trophies for all from List Guy '03. Ruthless results, or possibly adult perks, move the list!

Comment

You mentioned Seacoast being from NH...Seacoast NPL is comprised of top players from all Seacoast regions (NH, ME -Mariners MA - Kings) it's first time they are doing this across all age groups, there was some experimenting with NH and ME region last fall in one age group. G 2005 Seacoast NPL also won Premiership White FC Stars Cup, beat PDA in final. I think with their new three state approach they will be a force this year. We will see!
                This is good info. Thanks for sharing. I wanted to put my two cents into the 2003 re-mix shuffle. After the watching the last two tournaments and hearing results from some staged friendlies on this forum I would suggest that there could be as many as 12 teams across Massachusetts which could any given Sunday beat' each other or at least give a competitive game to the winner.

I also appreciate the new list guy opening his eyes to this fact by looking past the standard 8 teams we have nominated/crowned as the Massachusetts powerhouses. Me thinks the list would be more entertaining if list guy moves newbee teams which proven themselves to be worthwhile to make the list. Even if it's for a week.

Comment

NEFC-Breakers 12
                  FC Bucks 1
                  Can't wait to travel to PA for the rematch....

Comment

NEFC-Breakers 12
                    FC Bucks 1
                    Can't wait to travel to PA for the rematch....
                    Bucks were missing 10 of their best players.

Comment

Haha, classic.

Comment

And Breakers flew in guest players

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                          And Breakers flew in guest players
                          How about NEFC is good, and Bucks are not?

Comment

Bucks ran into a hot GK otherwise it's a different result

Comment

Bucks ran into a hot GK otherwise it's a different result
                              I seen her no the sideline in second half painting nailes and snapping friends. Hence the goal went in on empty net.

Comment

Scott Sterling couldn't have saved that game for the Bucks

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X