Needham drops GPS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basically people, unless your kid is in the top 18-20 players in the state... It truly doesn't matter where they end up. Get them on a competitive team and let them enjoy their soccer "career". They will be done in 4ish years... Don't over-think this.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      The expansion of NEP (run by GPS) and now this. Please don't try to tell me this is not about them trying to take over the state/make more money (nothing wrong with that). Now with the new clubs in NEP, do the DOC's have a minimum of a B license?
      What do you think club soccer is about these days, snacks and fruit drinks? If you want to compete against the big boys in soccer globally you first need to be able to compete in the board room against the highly professional soccer clubs from around the globe that control the game. In that context a club like GPS is just small potatoes and clubs like FC Boston don't even register. There was an article posted a week or so ago about the legal battles around transfer fees. Suggest you go read it before you whine again about the business side of youth soccer.

Comment

Could be a coincidence.
        It's called power. Something many of the small minds that frequent this forum apparently don't quite understand.

Comment

Basically people, unless your kid is in the top 18-20 players in the state... It truly doesn't matter where they end up. Get them on a competitive team and let them enjoy their soccer "career". They will be done in 4ish years... Don't over-think this.
          You are making too much sense. Way too many people have been sold the kool-aide and believe that they have to climb on a plane or drive several hours to enjoy soccer. It's the biggest con going. The really sad part is those 18-20 players aren't really just playing on traditional youth teams any longer but are being pulled up into semi-pro teams and playing against college age players where everything the kool-aide sellers promote is going on for real but at a fraction of the cost.

Comment

Imagine what the already overpriced GPS fee will balloon to now that they don't have the revenue from the Needham tournament. Wow!

Comment

You are making too much sense. Way too many people have been sold the kool-aide and believe that they have to climb on a plane or drive several hours to enjoy soccer. It's the biggest con going. The really sad part is those 18-20 players aren't really just playing on traditional youth teams any longer but are being pulled up into semi-pro teams and playing against college age players where everything the kool-aide sellers promote is going on for real but at a fraction of the cost.
              How quaint to find you in a thread like this selling your own brand of Kool-Aide. Do you ever miss an opportunity to tell us how great your kid is and how everyone else sucks (and are suckers on top of sucking)?

Comment

What do you think club soccer is about these days, snacks and fruit drinks? If you want to compete against the big boys in soccer globally you first need to be able to compete in the board room against the highly professional soccer clubs from around the globe that control the game. In that context a club like GPS is just small potatoes and clubs like FC Boston don't even register. There was an article posted a week or so ago about the legal battles around transfer fees. Suggest you go read it before you whine again about the business side of youth soccer.
                Ah, your continued fascination with "the boardroom." And why haven't you started your own thread as a personal blog to educate the rest of us?

Comment

Imagine what the already overpriced GPS fee will balloon to now that they don't have the revenue from the Needham tournament. Wow!
                  What's the cost for GPS-regional elite Vs NPL?

Comment

http://www.globalpremiersoccer.net/m...ayshowcase2007

Starting early... Secure fields, hotels, refs, college coaches... Teams will come!

Comment

http://www.globalpremiersoccer.net/m...ayshowcase2007

Starting early... Secure fields, hotels, refs, college coaches... Teams will come!
                      Needham has the relationships and the following. I predict this desperate attempt at a money grab will end up like their Father's Day Tournament. Every GPS team will play in their Memorial Day event, but they'll be squeezed into 2nd tier fields.

Comment

Cujo, what you start drinking early today?

Comment

What's the cost for GPS-regional elite Vs NPL?
                          I don't know about NPL. But GPS is about $3,900. for Elite before uniforms and additional tourn fee. Select is about $2,900. before uniforms and tourn fee. This is for U13/U14.

However, I know for a fact that this is negotiable. Several people have gotten a reduced rate simply by complaining or threatening to leave. The high fees make up for those smart enough to speak up.

Comment

I don't know about NPL. But GPS is about $3,900. for Elite before uniforms and additional tourn fee. Select is about $2,900. before uniforms and tourn fee. This is for U13/U14.

However, I know for a fact that this is negotiable. Several people have gotten a reduced rate simply by complaining or threatening to leave. The high fees make up for those smart enough to speak up.
                            We complained about the cost. My kid got a free uniform kit, only had to pay $185 handling fee. You just have to stand your ground with them.

Comment

Pretty expensive for a subpar product

Comment

If these rates are true, that is crazy! That means we have a pre-ECNL player that pays less that their select teams... by a substantial amount!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X