Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Players need to be flexible and willing and able to play the entire field. If you think your player can only do well in one set position you're setting him/her up for failure.
    The Revs should force each and every one of their players to play different positions each and every game.

Comment

The Revs should force each and every one of their players to play different positions each and every game.
      If they do, can someone please post a video of the parents' faces in the stands on youtube?

Comment

If they do, can someone please post a video of the parents' faces in the stands on youtube?
        Some will be snickering and cheering

Comment

I'd pay good money to see that

Comment

The camera only needs to be focused on the one parent that is crying that their son is "playing out of position". Apparently she knows better than the coaches.

Comment

Superstars played UP. Like on another team.
              This is the new Valeo flop.

Comment

The Revs do give kids a chance to play multiple positions. My kid played every position except for GK and center striker at least once during his years with the club.

Comment

The Revs do give kids a chance to play multiple positions. My kid played every position except for GK and center striker at least once during his years with the club.
                  Sometimes- training is good overall.

Comment

YES! Get out of the DAP factory while you can and enjoy your youth and high school experience. Stop with the absurd commutes to Foxboro. So much sacrifice and no payoff while you're sitting the bench or playing very little at the college level. Club soccer boys are playing just as much or more in college. When will people wake up and realize DAP is not what it claims to be.
                    How can you put the words "enjoy" and high school soccer in the same sentence? I wouldn't do that to my son, nor is he even remotely interested. It's like special needs soccer.

Comment

If you watched a DAP game and then a High school game you would be shocked at the difference in level of play. DAP is undoubtedly superior. Kids who get cut from DAP programs go back to their high school teams and end up dominating.

Comment

How can you put the words "enjoy" and high school soccer in the same sentence? I wouldn't do that to my son, nor is he even remotely interested. It's like special needs soccer.
                        Was recently watching a few HUDL streams of Milton , Phillips and Lawrence Varsity soccer and it was an utter crap brand of soccer. Just an extension of clubs like NEFC, GPS, Aztec and the rest into the fall prep season. Just terrible!

Comment

Was recently watching a few HUDL streams of Milton , Phillips and Lawrence Varsity soccer and it was an utter crap brand of soccer. Just an extension of clubs like NEFC, GPS, Aztec and the rest into the fall prep season. Just terrible!
                          Any serious, talented soccer player in this State does not play ISL soccer. Point, paragraph, the end.

Comment

So many thoughts...

Yes it's tough to "enjoy" the soccer itself. But it is easy to enjoy the experience if your kid is happy playing with his friends, being a leader and all the other positives that can come with playing for your school. Doesn't always happen but it does more often than not.

If you watched a DAP game and then a High school game you would be shocked at the difference in level of play. DAP is undoubtedly superior. Kids who get cut from DAP programs go back to their high school teams and end up dominating.
                            I don't think anyone is arguing HS is anything close to DA. Of course it isn't. Sure a returning DA player might dominate, but so might any other high level club player because there's a big talent difference top to bottom of a HS roster

Any serious, talented soccer player in this State does not play ISL soccer. Point, paragraph, the end.
                            Yet plenty of kids play prep school soccer and DA, and when you look at commitment lists there are many prep school players on D1 lists. I guess college coaches see something different than you do.

Comment

So many thoughts...

Yes it's tough to "enjoy" the soccer itself. But it is easy to enjoy the experience if your kid is happy playing with his friends, being a leader and all the other positives that can come with playing for your school. Doesn't always happen but it does more often than not.

I don't think anyone is arguing HS is anything close to DA. Of course it isn't. Sure a returning DA player might dominate, but so might any other high level club player because there's a big talent difference top to bottom of a HS roster

Yet plenty of kids play prep school soccer and DA, and when you look at commitment lists there are many prep school players on D1 lists. I guess college coaches see something different than you do.
                              No, not many kids play prep and DA. The USSDA needs to grant a waiver to the player. I'd say there are about 4 or 5 total in the ISL that do both. Another thing, the majority of prep soccer players do not go on to play in college, most in DA do.

Comment

Weird dynamic. Professional athlete doesn't stay with his home team, follows the money, people cry about no loyalty. Call him a mercenary.

Amateur athlete wants to play for his HS, with his friends and help his community. People tell him his crazy, he's wasting his time, etc.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X