Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should GPS select teams be allowed

surely there has to be a limit on how bad some teams are. we need to save the parents and kids from wasting thousands of dollars - it is so embarrassing

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    surely there has to be a limit on how bad some teams are. we need to save the parents and kids from wasting thousands of dollars - it is so embarrassing
    Someone has some W-2 envy!

Comment

Select teams

The bigger question I have for u is how bad is your kids team if your watching GPS select play?

Comment

The bigger question I have for u is how bad is your kids team if your watching GPS select play?
        Go make me a sandwich!

Comment

Let the free market determine their fate. if parents aren't happy with the service they'll look elsewhere. Who made it your mission to save them from the evils of GPS?

Comment

Let the free market determine their fate. if parents aren't happy with the service they'll look elsewhere. Who made it your mission to save them from the evils of GPS?
            Exactly. People watch the Kardashians...go figure? Probably the same people?

Comment

Wow, the jealousy goes so deep....

Comment

Wow, the jealousy goes so deep....
                About the only thing anyone has to be jealous of when it concerns GPS is their income statement.

Comment

At any given moment, there's 3-4 bashing posts going on. Why take the time to post about them unless it's jealousy?

Comment

At any given moment, there's 3-4 bashing posts going on. Why take the time to post about them unless it's jealousy?
                    No doubt it's a competing club. Tryout season is approaching so the daggers will be out.

Comment

I'm just shocked people feel this way. I mean, we see good teams and think "wow, those kids are good". We see bad teams, and think "wow, that team stinks".

We play our games and go home.

Can't believe how much it bothers people what others are doing.

Comment

Obviously, the kids enjoy playing on the team and the parents can afford it. No parent is going to let club soccer expenses put their family out on the streets. Sounds like you happen to be on a tight budget, so, wisely, you don't feel it prudent to spend the money on club select soccer. You must know that not everyone is in your financial situation.

Comment

OK, I'll take the bait. GPS-Select parent here. No other program in the immediate area, so we really only have one choice on a club team. There is town rec/travel, but it's horrible. So, while I'd love for it to be cheaper, my kid loves playing:

* Classmates are on the team, along with the Elite team.
                          * They practice together a lot, and some Select kids play on Elite when needed. Makes for a pretty good farm system.
                          * Every single year, my kid has improved greatly.
                          * We have the means to afford it.
                          * Most of the parents get along, and we've become friends with a few outside the game.
                          * We are put in a Division where we are competitive. Not over our heads, but not killing everyone either. A mixed-bag of results overall.
                          * Kid has fun, enjoys playing, and practices hard to get called to Elite more and more.

Why do you care?

Comment

OK, I'll take the bait. GPS-Select parent here. No other program in the immediate area, so we really only have one choice on a club team. There is town rec/travel, but it's horrible. So, while I'd love for it to be cheaper, my kid loves playing:

* They practice together a lot, and some Select kids play on Elite when needed. Makes for a pretty good farm system.
                            * Most of the parents get along, and we've become friends with a few outside the game.
                            * We are put in a Division where we are competitive. Not over our heads, but not killing everyone either. A mixed-bag of results overall.
                            * Kid has fun, enjoys playing, and practices hard to get called to Elite more and more.

Why do you care?
                            That is exactly why we joined GPS. Friends, Convenience, Coaches and upward mobility. We got everything we expected, and more. Coaching has been superb including Brits and US born coaches. Lastly, don't underestimate the importance of organization, and timely communications.

Comment

Why do you care?

The only ones who care are other clubs wanting a piece of the action. Parents don't give a hoot about other clubs, just their own.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X