Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yablu View Post
    My younger D's friends were all going to GPS, and I had no reason for loyalty to NEFC. The cost for GPS is expensive, but despite what TS posters say, it's not more than the others.
    Out of curiosity, how old is your daughter? My recollection is that GPS's price goes up substantially at U13. Before then, they were pricey, but not too bad. But starting at U13, they were much more expensive than their peers.

Comment

Originally posted by Yablu View Post
      So some 18 year-old girl is happy she can keep playing soccer, and you make fun of it?
      I believe that is exactly what I did, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Out of curiosity, how old is your daughter? My recollection is that GPS's price goes up substantially at U13. Before then, they were pricey, but not too bad. But starting at U13, they were much more expensive than their peers.
        U13 and price did go up. GPS justification was that it included residential camp, + blah, blah. I would prefer all of these as optional. I assume it goes back down again in HS when Fall play goes away.

Comment

U13 and price did go up. GPS justification was that it included residential camp, + blah, blah. I would prefer all of these as optional. I assume it goes back down again in HS when Fall play goes away.

Yes. GPS is more expensive, because of what's included (summer residential camp, april vacation residential camp, etc...). If you break it down into components, then it work out to be a similar fee structure, but it is all included in the total (not optional). If you don't want to participate in all the extras, then you are paying a lot more money for the same thing as the other clubs.

Comment

The new Bayern kits are really helping to increase the club's gross profit.

Comment

The new Bayern kits are really helping to increase the club's gross profit.
              We called this out when GPS made the announcement about Bayern . It was always going to be about making money not developing kids. .

Nothing out of character

Comment

Did GPS really start charging for uniforms/kits this year?
                Has anyone done the math on that?
                So you are willing to pay the 3000 dollars per year + expenses but suddenly don't have the 100-200 dollars to pay for the uniform. While it does appear that GPS is cheap....so might you be. Maybe you should go join the 'we should play for free and everything should be free' group.

Comment

So you are willing to pay the 3000 dollars per year + expenses but suddenly don't have the 100-200 dollars to pay for the uniform. While it does appear that GPS is cheap....so might you be. Maybe you should go join the 'we should play for free and everything should be free' group.
                  Could you provide that groups contact info?

Comment

$3000 and it doesn't include a uniform? You people are insane.

Comment

Not insane ,desperate to boast to their friends about their kids playing for a Bayern make believe association.
                      It is very sad!

Comment

At Valeo, we pride ourselves in paying more than GPS and offering the same amount of practices. Who's your daddy now!

Comment

At Valeo, we pride ourselves in paying more than GPS and offering the same amount of practices. Who's your daddy now!
                          Valeo #1. We do what it takes. no whining about what other clubs do

Comment

Valeo #1. We do what it takes. no whining about what other clubs do
                            Valeo wants to be GPS so badly.

Comment

ug muk de frec

Comment

If you can't afford the kit, you shouldn't be playing club soccer.

As far as GPS goes, my son loves his Bayern Munich jersey. The GPS kit costs about the same as the NEFC kit and looks much better than their generic Nike kit with Route 2 Hyundai as a sponsor (Hyundai, really?). Never mind the girls team uniforms Boston Breakers patch... worst NWSL soccer club in the league.

Bayern Munich won their first Bundesliga match 6-0. Whose uniform would you rather be wearing, the top pro team in Germany or some some generic uniform (or worse, a soon-to-be-defunct women's team).

And for those who say the pro-team association is worthless, Bayern coaches come to the US to train GPS coaches and Bayern coaches were at the residential camps. A few select US players went to Germany to train with their youth academy. What professional teams are your club associated with?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X