Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of an era for the BOWDEN's and Fuller Hamlets

Well, the FAT LADY has finally sung, with LIVERPOOL renting the FH - BOWDEN field.

BG at Liverpool gets the last laugh, while MB still gets to mow his field of bad dreams

love that central mass good feeling vibe. Banjos playing and axes grinding.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Well, the FAT LADY has finally sung, with LIVERPOOL renting the FH - BOWDEN field.

BG at Liverpool gets the last laugh, while MB still gets to mow his field of bad dreams
      This is all a result of the disloyal founder of Fortis FC, who is selling the dream like everyone else.

Comment

love that central mass good feeling vibe. Banjos playing and axes grinding.
        Just wait till we overrun Boston now that tolls are coming down...we don't have to do anymore math.

Comment

Why the vitriol?
          Fuller set the stage for most of what has developed in the club scene in Mass.
          There is no last laugh...

Comment

It is sad because Martyn Bowden is a class act and was great for soccer and kids from this area. Marc Bowden is a jackass and ran this club into the ground. He mistreated the players, parents and coaches, and they all left. Theres really nothing more to it.

Comment

It is sad because Martyn Bowden is a class act and was great for soccer and kids from this area. Marc Bowden is a jackass and ran this club into the ground. He mistreated the players, parents and coaches, and they all left. Theres really nothing more to it.
              There is much more to it...including a former long time employee picking up his ball and screwing them...why not try to fix what was wrong...selfishness?
              Not a guy I'd want my kid to play for.
              No loyalty to anyone, including players

Comment

There is much more to it...including a former long time employee picking up his ball and screwing them...why not try to fix what was wrong...selfishness?
                If that is all it took, then club management wasn't doing their job. As a business owner, you always have to be prepared for the "what ifs?" It almost seems like FH was ready to die anyway. Maybe the loss of so many Maple teams and the expansion of NEP caused them to throw in the towel. Not worth the battle. A shrewd business owner would have sold the club last year, before its valuation dropped to nil.

Comment

Whats that song they sing at the end of the game... Na Na Nah nah good night

This is all a result of the disloyal founder of Fortis FC, who is selling the dream like everyone else.
                  BRAVO to Fortis FC ( and the disloyal X-Employee as you call him) for opening a club in FH backyard and giving options to FH players/parents and a club to play for that cares.

FH was doomed, MB motto was consistent
                  S c r e w the players, S c r e w the parent and then S c r e w the coaches

MB failed. - Failed to give the parents what he promised, handwriting was on the wall for over a year with little or no indoor training in back to back seasons , then blaming the bubble in year 2 for why it happened. LOL

FH director rarely, if ever replied to emails from a parents or player and forget about replying to his coach.

Comment

What killed FH?
                    1.) Prices. When you charge 1.5X to 2X what nearby competition charges for what is pretty much the same product without offering some logical differentiation to explain the price difference then your already in trouble.
                    2.) Ignorance? Not sure about this one so am going to have to speculate as I do not have access to MB's thoughts. It seems like there was a large amount of arrogance in how FH was run with the higher prices and the (possible) mindset of, "hey this is FH, that's all the justification I need to charge more."
                    3.) Lack of indoor training. I wasn't aware that this was an issue but if this was actually a problem I have to ask why MB didn't go over to the Hab and work with them? It's not like indoor facilities are impossible to obtain.
                    4.) One disloyal / good businessperson who saw the flaws and took advantage of them. My guess is that he didn't just take all the players and leave without first trying to make changes from within the organization. The fact that this is where we are probably says alot about how much MB wanted to hear other opinions on how to run the club.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1890034]What killed FH?
                      1.) Prices. When you charge 1.5X to 2X what nearby competition charges for what is pretty much the same product without offering some logical differentiation to explain the price difference then your already in trouble.
                      2.) Ignorance? Not sure about this one so am going to have to speculate as I do not have access to MB's thoughts. It seems like there was a large amount of arrogance in how FH was run with the higher prices and the (possible) mindset of, "hey this is FH, that's all the justification I need to charge more."
                      3.) Lack of indoor training. I wasn't aware that this was an issue but if this was actually a problem I have to ask why MB didn't go over to the Hab and work with them? It's not like indoor facilities are impossible to obtain.
                      4.) One disloyal / good businessperson who saw the flaws and took advantage of them. My guess is that he didn't just take all the players and leave without first trying to make changes from within the organization. The fact that this is where we are probably says alot about how much MB wanted to hear other opinions on how to run the club.[/QUOTE

I have to agree with the first poster. Liverpool showed Hamlets how to run a club.
                      Great coaches, indoor facility and a wonderful family atmosphere-congrats Liverpool

Comment

No, there really isn't. There was no "screwing." MB (the son) got what he deserved. I'm sad to see it happen, but it was completely predictable. And Liverpool (as in Spirit not the half-arsed Liverpool FC "Academy" operation formerly known as CSU) is a much stronger operation.

Comment

No offense but Spirit of Liverpool is bleeding too...Don't give it more than a few years. You have GPS, NEFC, FC Boston all encroaching into their area (from MA direction) and CFC from the CT direction. With Fortis also in their backyard, its not what it was a few years ago.

Comment

No offense but Spirit of Liverpool is bleeding too...Don't give it more than a few years. You have GPS, NEFC, FC Boston all encroaching into their area (from MA direction) and CFC from the CT direction. With Fortis also in their backyard, its not what it was a few years ago.
                            Liverpool geographic area is very good. Not many NEFC or GPS folks compete in that area, nor is there much loss of players to the those clubs. FCB might have some overlap, but not south of the pike. Fortis replaces FH for local competition, so nothing new there.

Comment

Bleeding, really? Don't see anything but steady growth since they formed.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X