Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Perhaps only if they win a top Championship Division. I assume winning a League 1 division might only get up to Championship. Pretty much is the same as when all these divisions were in NEP.
    How does NEP/NEC actually place teams? I was under the impression that coaches just chose which division they think their team would fit in with best, trying to place them so that they win half of their games and lose half.

Comment

How does NEP/NEC actually place teams? I was under the impression that coaches just chose which division they think their team would fit in with best, trying to place them so that they win half of their games and lose half.
      Pretty sure coaches clubs place teams, and yes, as far as development goes, shooting for .500 is always common, to know you are placed appropriately (except when you are in top division. Might as well go win that one, since there is usually no higher that particular team can go)

Comment

If an NEC team wins it's division can they be promoted to NEP?
        Your dreaming it's up to clubs apply for placement.
        From NEP website
        Why we are better than other leagues.
        #1 No promotion or relegation

Comment

Your dreaming it's up to clubs apply for placement.
          From NEP website
          Why we are better than other leagues.
          #1 No promotion or relegation
          Doesn't that suggest that better teams can be locked out of NEP? It's political not talent based? How is that better?

Comment

Doesn't that suggest that better teams can be locked out of NEP? It's political not talent based? How is that better?
            Yes exactly that's how it works.
            Maple 2 lowest higher div. play 2 highest lower div. to see if you stay or move next session.
            The way it should be but never will.

Comment

Sadly your team isn't good enough to get in.

Comment

Sadly it has nothing about being good enough and more to do with politics.

Comment

Sadly it has nothing about being good enough and more to do with politics.
                  That's what people on the outside looking in always say.

Comment

Promotion/Relegation only really works with established teams and histories. Not a fan of it as teams change age groups, team sizes, etc.

Comment

Promotion/Relegation only really works with established teams and histories. Not a fan of it as teams change age groups, team sizes, etc.
                      This is one of the stupidest thing I have read on this site.
                      Why done you just say I will do anything to keep a better team down.
                      From NEP website
                      Why NEP is better that other leagues #1 No promotion or relegation

Comment

The club/regional DoC and coaches decide where teams should compete in terms of placement. I know of a few teams that absolutely shouldn't be playing in the the division they are in, and it had nothing to do with "team records" or GotSoccer points. It was purely a decision by the club. You'll see some teams get blown out (should be lower division) and some teams completely dominate (should be higher division).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X