Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual roster- allowed or not?

MAPLE AND NEP. I can't seem to get a concrete answer on this.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don't think you can be rostered in both leagues. For NEP, player pass allows for kid to be multi-rostered. For Maple, I believe they recently implemented something similar.

Comment

You can be dual rostered because they are different leagues.

Comment

You can be dual rostered because they are different leagues.
        Maple does not allow this. They allow dual rostering for town and club but can not play for two clubs regardless of league.

Comment

https://www.maplesoccer.com/learn-ab...ple-rostering/

Where does it say that?

Comment

https://www.maplesoccer.com/coaches/...ual-rostering/

Comment

Toot, toot

Comment

Ask your clubs not the experts on TS

Comment

Not sure of nep but maple you can play on mutiple teams in your club as long as you follow the age restriction can't play on a team younger than your age. It's more of a club policy you can't play for another club. I know some teams will add a player from another club for tournaments but not league games.

Comment

Maple does not allow this. They allow dual rostering for town and club but can not play for two clubs regardless of league.
                    OP's original question is regarding NEP and MAPLE and the answer is yes you can play on an NEP and a MAPLE team. Whether the player could meet the commitments is another story.

NEP is a US Club Soccer affiliate. MAPLE is a US Youth Soccer and a MYSA affiliate. These are separate and distinct and if you look at this link(MAPLE Rules):

you will see that everything referenced relates to US Youth Soccer programs. From a strictly regulatory perspective only USSF and FIFA have the authority to regulate both programs and to my knowledge there is nothing from USSF that prevents being part of two organizations.

The National Championship Series (reference in the link) is the league and series that SSS has historically been a part of. The NEP State Cup winners go the US Club Soccer National Cup. These are two different things.

Comment

OP's original question is regarding NEP and MAPLE and the answer is yes you can play on an NEP and a MAPLE team. Whether the player could meet the commitments is another story.

NEP is a US Club Soccer affiliate. MAPLE is a US Youth Soccer and a MYSA affiliate. These are separate and distinct and if you look at this link(MAPLE Rules):

you will see that everything referenced relates to US Youth Soccer programs. From a strictly regulatory perspective only USSF and FIFA have the authority to regulate both programs and to my knowledge there is nothing from USSF that prevents being part of two organizations.

The National Championship Series (reference in the link) is the league and series that SSS has historically been a part of. The NEP State Cup winners go the US Club Soccer National Cup. These are two different things.
                      Whether Maple can regulate or not is a different story but the first paragraph clearly states Maple is not ok with playing for two club teams regardless of which league they play in.

Comment

Whether Maple can regulate or not is a different story but the first paragraph clearly states Maple is not ok with playing for two club teams regardless of which league they play in.
                        Correct. On the MAPLE Policies & Procedures tab it says:

"Multiple Rostering - By-Law I 4b
                        Players may be rostered on only one MAPLE teams during the seasonal year and may not be concurrently rostered on a club team in any other league."

The new policy just allows U15 and up to play town, as well as MAPLE, but the original policy still stands.

Comment

Correct. On the MAPLE Policies & Procedures tab it says:

"Multiple Rostering - By-Law I 4b
                          Players may be rostered on only one MAPLE teams during the seasonal year and may not be concurrently rostered on a club team in any other league."

The new policy just allows U15 and up to play town, as well as MAPLE, but the original policy still stands.
                          Any other league refers to sanctioned leagues under USYS. This came directly from Mike Borislow last spring. USCS is outside of USYS and therefore it would be possible. Its possible things have changed with all the shake ups at MAPLE but if you pushed the issue and ultimately appealed to MYSA my feeling is you would win the appeal.

Comment

Why the push to play on multiple club teams, especially those that play on the same day and times? Aren't parents concerned about overuse injuries? We allowed too many concurrent sports and our children suffered. We saw gifted players playing on as many teams as possible as well as being guest players to almost every tournament possible. We also saw these players get torn ACL's, huge Ossie's, concussions, and broken bones. The players need recovery time.

Not all of these restrictions are for the benefit of the club, many are to protect the players from overuse and the resulting injuries.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X