Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miramar Optimist

Can someone from the Optimist please clarify the tryout situation?

Miramar United Elite FC is posting tryouts at the City of Miramar park facilities.
    They are also promoting the fact they are somehow affiliated with you the Optimist.
    see below link.
    http://miramarunitedelitefc.org/docs...0Flyer%202.jpg

From the past, most may know and remember the issue with the old Miramar Strikers and then the issue with the past president of the Optimist.

How can we as parents feel comfortable our funds go DIRECTLY to you and not to a program that is representing you? Why would I cut a check or cash to a club that is brand new? Can we give the Optimist cash-check at the tryouts and then you can approach United Elite FC about how you can then pay them directly? My kids have been in REC your PAL program and it runs great. We have not come back to travel yet since the last debacle.
    The way it is posted now it seems we pay Miramar United FC Elite directly.

At the end of the day, most parents would feel better paying a company in business since 1967, ( the Optimist ) rather than paying someone who just started in 2013? no?

You have to say the facitilites are very nice, but it appears a risk with ( at this point ) appears to be handling the funds? Please clarify Optimist Club for us the parents who pay.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Miramar United Elite FC is posting tryouts at the City of Miramar park facilities.
    They are also promoting the fact they are somehow affiliated with you the Optimist.
    see below link.

From the past, most may know and remember the issue with the old Miramar Strikers and then the issue with the past president of the Optimist.

How can we as parents feel comfortable our funds go DIRECTLY to you and not to a program that is representing you? Why would I cut a check or cash to a club that is brand new? Can we give the Optimist cash-check at the tryouts and then you can approach United Elite FC about how you can then pay them directly? My kids have been in REC your PAL program and it runs great. We have not come back to travel yet since the last debacle.

At the end of the day, most parents would feel better paying a company in business since 1967, ( the Optimist ) rather than paying someone who just started in 2013? no?

You have to say the facitilites are very nice, but it appears a risk with ( at this point ) appears to be handling the funds? Please clarify Optimist Club for us the parents who pay.
    Lets clarify am assuming your currently at WP
    last June did you pay the city or did you pay West Pines United ????

Travel is a division of the optimist just like WP travel is division of city of WP seperate from rec & pal programs that city/optimist run
    ho-pe this helps

Comment

Optimists is bad for your money

Trust me when I tell you that you don't want to cut any checks to the Miramar Optimist.
      Unless you want your money to disappear.

Stay clear of the Optimist. They've been doing bad business for soccer since 1967.
      Look at their history. They don't fool the Miramar City Residents anymore. We know a bad club when you mention the Optimist.

Signed,
      A Miramar Resident

Comment

Lets clarify am assuming your currently at WP
        last June did you pay the city or did you pay West Pines United ????

Travel is a division of the optimist just like WP travel is division of city of WP seperate from rec & pal programs that city/optimist run
        ho-pe this helps
        Actually is clarifies nothing, and when we paid West Pines, we paid a club that has permission to use the fields from the city. We did not pay a club who then pays another organization, who then pays the city. We paid a club who then pays the city. So how does the Optimist get their money? The City of Miramar has been down this road before, maybe the reason why taravel soccer has not really been back there since, who knows. It is why we asked for clarification.

Not to worry, several concerned parents already emailed the Optimist directly to clarify it.
        We want to play in Miramar, we just want to feel safe it is not a one and done season.

Comment

Actually is clarifies nothing, and when we paid West Pines, we paid a club that has permission to use the fields from the city. We did not pay a club who then pays another organization, who then pays the city. We paid a club who then pays the city. So how does the Optimist get their money? The City of Miramar has been down this road before, maybe the reason why taravel soccer has not really been back there since, who knows. It is why we asked for clarification.

Not to worry, several concerned parents already emailed the Optimist directly to clarify it.
          We want to play in Miramar, we just want to feel safe it is not a one and done season.
          Miramar has been down this road before. Why do you think that Miramar is in the state that they are? It is not a properly run club, the city does not care, so parents move on.

They will make promises for a brighter future, then 3 months in the run around and drama will start, you can't use this field because the field is rented out to someone else.

Miramar is in the state it is in because it is run by a rogue organization that operates in a city that does not care. Every parent that has been involved with Miramar in the past knows that going back there is a waste of time.

I wish you luck but spare yourself the headache would be my advice.

Comment

Parents. Make no mistake Miramar United Elite FC will be a quality club, and yes they are afiliated with us (Miramar Optimist) and yes the city is on board with the idea and the structure. If at anytime you want answers please be sure that they will be addressed. Miramar is moving forward with a great program. We have always been a Division II program and welcome the idea for the residents/players to have a Division I club in which to participate and advance themselves instead of running to Weston or West Pines. Try outs have been posted on this site under the first two headings. We look forward to those who want to play in Miramar.

Comment

Parents. Make no mistake Miramar United Elite FC will be a quality club, and yes they are afiliated with us (Miramar Optimist) and yes the city is on board with the idea and the structure. If at anytime you want answers please be sure that they will be addressed. Miramar is moving forward with a great program. We have always been a Division II program and welcome the idea for the residents/players to have a Division I club in which to participate and advance themselves instead of running to Weston or West Pines. Try outs have been posted on this site under the first two headings. We look forward to those who want to play in Miramar.
              You are lucky you have some WP coaches that need a home. Your program is crap as proven by your multiple name changes in the past 4 years, and slumping membership numbers.

Crap deserves each other. You are still a Division II program. Wait till football season starts then you'll see what the Optimist is all about.

Years of bad leadership and failure cannot be turned around over night. The same clueless characters still run the place, at City and club level.

Comment

You are lucky you have some WP coaches that need a home. Your program is crap as proven by your multiple name changes in the past 4 years, and slumping membership numbers.

Crap deserves each other. You are still a Division II program. Wait till football season starts then you'll see what the Optimist is all about.

Years of bad leadership and failure cannot be turned around over night. The same clueless characters still run the place, at City and club level.
                As a Miramar resident we left a few years back BUT lets not get confused. A GOOD portion of WPU and WESTON players CAME FROM MIRAMAR.

IF the club had its stuff together (Doesn't) we'd be back and I know several DIV I players and Coaches would also.

I suggest MIRAMAR set up finances with a 3rd party Neutral group to oversee expenses. Otherwise I'll never give them a dime.

Comment

As a Miramar resident we left a few years back BUT lets not get confused. A GOOD portion of WPU and WESTON players CAME FROM MIRAMAR.

IF the club had its stuff together (Doesn't) we'd be back and I know several DIV I players and Coaches would also.

I suggest MIRAMAR set up finances with a 3rd party Neutral group to oversee expenses. Otherwise I'll never give them a dime.
                  As another Miramar Resident, I suggest we move on. The Optimist had its chance and did not care so many years ago. As I understand they still don't care. Why go back to a rotten tomato?

Comment

agreed 100%. The wrong people could be managing the funds.

Comment

Dude, you just lost your best boys and girls team, plus you'll need to do some serious damage control to keep the average to above average teams in line. Don't waste time on Miramar and bad mouthing the Optimists. Let's just focus on the shamble of a house the DM left us. I want to put the best WPU (I hate the whole WPS crap that was sold to us - so WPU it is) product out there. This war of words is pointless, right J-Low.

Signed a parent staying at WPU and willing to give it a year.

Comment

Dude, you just lost your best boys and girls team, plus you'll need to do some serious damage control to keep the average to above average teams in line. Don't waste time on Miramar and bad mouthing the Optimists. Let's just focus on the shamble of a house the DM left us. I want to put the best WPU (I hate the whole WPS crap that was sold to us - so WPU it is) product out there. This war of words is pointless, right J-Low.

Signed a parent staying at WPU and willing to give it a year.
                        Here, here! I think the world of the coaches that are leaving but we made a decision to stay with WPU. It is a round world so lets agree to co-exist. I wish the new club only success and pray that WPU can start fresh and rebuild.

Another parent staying at WPU.

Comment

see below link.

Nice Flyer......that's it

who are the leaders
                          who handles the money
                          who are the coaches
                          garanties from the city with contact person that space is available.

a.s.o

Or is it by invitation only.

Where is the "clarify" when setting up a new program...a flyer that's all.

a few days to try-out begins and above is totally in the darkness.

Comment

Welcome to Miramar. Keeping everything in the dark is our number one objective.

Bring your money we will keep that in the dark also.

Comment

Nice Flyer......that's it

who are the leaders
                              who handles the money
                              who are the coaches
                              garanties from the city with contact person that space is available.

a.s.o

Or is it by invitation only.

Where is the "clarify" when setting up a new program...a flyer that's all.

a few days to try-out begins and above is totally in the darkness.
                              100% agree, only true snakes, deceivers, and people out for their own pocket would post such a flyer. As an earlier post mentioned until The Optimist posts something here on on their website and we make checks payable to the Optimist you can easily find the path of where the funds would go, with a little research

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X