us soccer training cuts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who cares is right, but not because it was girls soccer. Simply put the kids that are being evaluated are 2000-2003. Most of them have not even began to gain strength from the maturation process. There will always be the exception to the rule, that one player that is just a physical freak at age 12. The problem is that parents do not understand that the ENTIRE country that we live in only has about 36-40 spots for the 2000-2001 age group which currently makes up our 14 national team.
    I think that we all need to step back and really examine how we view our child. Are they a good player, quite possibly yes. The big thing to realize is that there are very good players all over this vast country. Lets be a little more realistic when evaluating our child. The players that make up this team or pool have a lot of talent and I am guessing if the majority of our children were on the field with a pool of players they would be sticking out, and not on the good side of things.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      If ability was the true factor then the USA would have better international teams especially considering the size of our nation. Too many great players are basically chased out of the sport due to various garbage and end up in other sports or no sport by High School.
      Do you pay attention to the US Womens National team at all? The United State Womens Soccer Team is currently RANKED # 1 in the WORLD. That's the WORLD.

We have the best women soccer players in the WORLD and these camps are helping to find more. Our NATION has excellent womens soccer programs and it shows in the fact we have the best team in the WORLD. Can't argue much with that.

#1, #1, #1. Let's keep it up USA, USA, USA

Comment

Do you pay attention to the US Womens National team at all? The United State Womens Soccer Team is currently RANKED # 1 in the WORLD. That's the WORLD.

We have the best women soccer players in the WORLD and these camps are helping to find more. Our NATION has excellent womens soccer programs and it shows in the fact we have the best team in the WORLD. Can't argue much with that.

I would rather cut the grass than watch womens soccer, so boring.

Comment

Players don't just advance from one training center to the next, and you don't get "cut". Each training center is by invitation based on DOC recommendations. If you didn't get invited to the Dec 3 event it just means you're not sucking up to your kid's DOC enough.
          The first invitation is based on DOC recommendation. Once you are there it is up to you to perform. If you did not get re-invited then the US Training Center coach did not feel that you were one of the top. The initial invite may require sucking up to your DOC, but after that you are on your own.

Comment

My daughter was not invited to the next round of training on December 3 in Tampa. She was one of the best players out there so we are shocked. What does this mean?
            It means the US Training Center coaches did not feel your daughter was one of the best players or they did not like her attitude. She is probably a little too arrogant like you.

Comment

I would rather cut the grass than watch womens soccer, so boring.
              Can anyone say Alex Morgan, Sydney Leroux, Tobin Heath? All good reasons to watch the US Womens National Team.

That and the fact they are the best in the World.

Comment

Can anyone say Alex Morgan, Sydney Leroux, Tobin Heath? All good reasons to watch the US Womens National Team.

The Switzerland Women's Curling team is the best in the world. I'm not watching them either.

Comment

The Switzerland Women's Curling team is the best in the world. I'm not watching them either.
                  This isn't a Curling forum.

Comment

You used a couple poor examples here. Tobin Heath is a great player with well above average skills when it comes to women soccer players. She plays more like one of the boys than the girls. The other two are fast but have no understanding of the game. There is a reason that Sydney is on the bubble for going to the world cup. The two have scored some goals that is for sure, but they don't play the full 90 minutes because tactically they are not very good. I have spoken to good coaches that have watched the US team train and they say the same thing. Alex is a pretty face and can come off the bench with some speed when the other teams are getting tired late in the game.

Comment

Womens Soccer

We're the best in the world because the world doesn't give a crap about womens soccer. If it was as popular and profitable as the mens game the USA would not be able to compete because the huge clubs in Europe would put more money and resources into the womens program that the US could never match. The USA womens team is the best for now because we have a larger pool of talent to choose from than any other country.

Comment

We're the best in the world because the world doesn't give a crap about womens soccer. If it was as popular and profitable as the mens game the USA would not be able to compete because the huge clubs in Europe would put more money and resources into the womens program that the US could never match. The USA womens team is the best for now because we have a larger pool of talent to choose from than any other country.
                        Same principle with men's soccer and other countries. Larger pool of players and better teams. I am proud of our us women's national team and enjoy watching them play with my daughters. This sport is growing in the usa

Comment

Same principle with men's soccer and other countries. Larger pool of players and better teams. I am proud of our us women's national team and enjoy watching them play with my daughters. This sport is growing in the usa
                          Wait... Did you say the US WNT is playing with your daughters?

Comment

You used a couple poor examples here. Tobin Heath is a great player with well above average skills when it comes to women soccer players. She plays more like one of the boys than the girls. The other two are fast but have no understanding of the game. There is a reason that Sydney is on the bubble for going to the world cup. The two have scored some goals that is for sure, but they don't play the full 90 minutes because tactically they are not very good. I have spoken to good coaches that have watched the US team train and they say the same thing. Alex is a pretty face and can come off the bench with some speed when the other teams are getting tired late in the game.
                            Correct me if your wrong, but wasn't Alex Morgan the Fifa Women's Player of the year a few years ago? Kinda like the Ballon d'or for women.

Alex is one of the best womens players in the world, and smokin hot.

Sydney Leroux is hardly a fringe player as she is one of the faces of US Women's soccer and will be on the World Cup team as sure as any other player.

Lastly, it more about them pleasing on the eyes than the style of soccer. They win games and bring home trophies which is all that matters.

Comment

correction, it is not "the world" that doesn't give a crap about women's soccer, North America does - do you know that country? There are others too. also, there are many countries that still believe women are third class citizens and they don't get the same resources as the men to enable them to compete on the same level but they do give it one hell of a try.

Comment

correction, it is not "the world" that doesn't give a crap about women's soccer, North America does - do you know that country? There are others too. also, there are many countries that still believe women are third class citizens and they don't get the same resources as the men to enable them to compete on the same level but they do give it one hell of a try.
                                I did not know that North America was a country. Canada, USA, and Mexico are countries in North America.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X