Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm an American born collegiate player now coaching the past 10'years. The sad truth is klinnsman is right. If we could find 500 5 year olds that are talented, ship them to overseas clubs and bring them back we would have a very good us team. Our youth system sucks to high heaven, is fragmented and full of issues. Until a leader of us soccer grows some balls and pisses up the establishment we will suck and never win a World Cup. Players are not mentally strong, players are not physically powerful, players do not scare the opponent when in possession of the ball and tactically getting better with quality coaching he has put in place. We are beating teams we should and losing to teams with players who played academy training programs for much longer. Look at MLS. A hodge podge of players with ****ty tactical play much like college.
    I agree that Klinnsman seems to have no balls. not to mention awful judgement in that he left our best player off the team (with every game Donovan plays he makes Klink look like a bigger Doofus- wouldn't have hurt to have Landon on the team when Jozy 'no salute the flag' Altidore got hurt, huh? ...but who expects injuries in soccer?/s Apparently not Klink (maybe Shultz is more appropriate).

Maybe you prove me wrong here but I'm guessing you are as much of the problem as anyone. Prove me wrong by telling us what you have done in 10 years to upset the applecart? What you have done to produce powerful players that instill fear when they possess the ball? I'm guessing you've gone right along with the program rather and collected a check rather than 'piss up the establishment'(no idea what that means).

US soccer needs a Herb Brooks. Instead we have Klinks and Shultzes.

Comment

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/18/sp...rope.html?_r=0

Klinsman is trying to fix the problem. It will take a decade or longer. In the mean time we reap the harvest we have sewn over the past 40 years. Not his fault.
      The US seemed to do well in 2002 with McBride, Reyna and a young LD....I predict the US doesn't get out of their group in 2018..

Comment

Set Pieces

The US seemed to do well in 2002 with McBride, Reyna and a young LD....I predict the US doesn't get out of their group in 2018..
        And did you see our set pieces? Bad...really bad. Let's try a short corner. Didn't work. Let's try a short corner again. Didn't work. Let's try a short corner again. Didn't work. Let's try a short corner again. Didn't work.

hmmmmm...

Let's try a short corner again. Didn't work.

That is a coaching call and not a factor of poor youth soccer programs. not saying they could not improve. Just saying a great coach finds a way to work with what he has and allowing the continued use of a failed short corner set piece is on him.

Comment

Klinnsman is a fool.

Let's follow his logic for improving US soccer:

He wants our best players to go to Europe (witness Yedlin leaving Seattle at years end).
          So our best players start leaving at younger and younger ages. College programs get worse. MLS stagnates at best as well as interest in mediocre soccer. Children then lose their interest in the game and we are left worse off than ever with even a smaller pool of players coming up to chose from.

If I didn't know better I'd say Klinnsman actually wanted us to get worse. I agree with one part of his plan. We should send him back to Europe and find an American coach that wants to build a solid foundation for the sport right here, from youth all the way to pro.

Comment

If I didn't know better I'd say Klinnsman actually wanted us to get worse.
            He is looking out for Germany...Do you think down the road he wants the US to be better than his beloved Deutschland?

Comment

MLS is Division 2-3....remember the hack that missed the wide open net against Belgium, he is a Star in the MLS. Wondo......something.
              give the guy a break dude .. he missed one chance and right away you want to hang the guy, go and watch BPL, LA Liga, CL and tell me similar plays do not happen all the time. Messi has been missing crazy chances lately -watch more football and spend less time on TS - that will make you more soccer intelligent

one play should not be defining the player

Comment

give the guy a break dude .. he missed one chance and right away you want to hang the guy, go and watch BPL, LA Liga, CL and tell me similar plays do not happen all the time. Messi has been missing crazy chances lately -watch more football and spend less time on TS - that will make you more soccer intelligent

one play should not be defining the player
                he got a break, they put him on the team .....and see what happened:) You cannot compete in the WC with MLS players!

Comment

Klinnsman is a fool.

Let's follow his logic for improving US soccer:

He wants our best players to go to Europe (witness Yedlin leaving Seattle at years end).
                  So our best players start leaving at younger and younger ages. College programs get worse. MLS stagnates at best as well as interest in mediocre soccer. Children then lose their interest in the game and we are left worse off than ever with even a smaller pool of players coming up to chose from.

If I didn't know better I'd say Klinnsman actually wanted us to get worse. I agree with one part of his plan. We should send him back to Europe and find an American coach that wants to build a solid foundation for the sport right here, from youth all the way to pro.
                  we tried that and it did not work. JK would love for those youth player to stay here and develop but as its been proven; we cannot develop WC soccer players. Why can we learn from other succesfull soccer nations....because money is everything in this country. When you have to pay $1000 for your kid to play glorified rec; we got a serious problem:( We are not stupid, just greedy!!!

Comment

Klinsmann is experimenting with the squad -these are friendly games for a reason - to do that experimentation.

Need $$$ to build great soccer teams and a super national team
                    Have you seen how much most players getting paid at MLS. Check out the link below. There are players that start and still make only 50 to 60K a year!!!!!
                    If I am an athlete born and raised in US, I would definitely play another sport that pays better than that - If I can kick I will become an NFL kicker or a punter

http://www.mlsplayers.org/images/Sep...0(updated).pdf

Comment

Klinsmann is experimenting with the squad -these are friendly games for a reason - to do that experimentation.

Need $$$ to build great soccer teams and a super national team
                      Have you seen how much most players getting paid at MLS. Check out the link below. There are players that start and still make only 50 to 60K a year!!!!!
                      If I am an athlete born and raised in US, I would definitely play another sport that pays better than that - If I can kick I will become an NFL kicker or a punter

http://www.mlsplayers.org/images/Sep...0(updated).pdf
                      we got the money but not the talent! If it was about money USA would be the best team in the world with China a close 2

Comment

we got the money but not the talent! If it was about money USA would be the best team in the world with China a close 2
                        China has more $$$ than we do...Notice just about everything here is made in China...I bet China doesn't have stuff made in the USA... Also, Russia has the black market money, so don't count them out...

In addition I'm tired of this "It was a friendly" match... Gimmie me a break... When we beat Mexico in Mexico ( and Germany's C team in DC in 2013) I could have sworn we had just won Copa America with all the excitement in this country

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X