X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking to make a move

Dear Talking Soccer,
    My daughter has been playing for the stars for the last few years. We are extremely disappointed. Since we live very close to RI do you think Bayside would be a better option? I truly value the insights and opinions I see on this site! Thank you!

the hits just keep on coming!

Comment

BTDT, I'm sure you didn't start this thread, but I'm wondering what your opinion of it is? Do you think TS is a good place to seek this kind of advice when one is disgruntled? Do you imagine that a family that has been with a club like Stars (or NEFC) for several years would be clueless about alternatives in the "environment," in the "landscape"? And do you imagine that such a family would turn to TS for their answers? Or do you think there is any chance this thread is a fiction and started just to be provocative? And why do you think the Stars are still getting the lion's share of attention on TS when they have fallen on hard times and are but a shell of themselves? Hopefully you will answer all of these questions and not just offer a snarky reply to one of them out of context.

Finally, do you think what happens on TS has any impact on the "environment" and the choices that folks make?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Dear Talking Soccer,
        My daughter has been playing for the stars for the last few years. We are extremely disappointed. Since we live very close to RI do you think Bayside would be a better option? I truly value the insights and opinions I see on this site! Thank you!
        Dear "looking to make a move",
        I find a pullback to be effective if you're a beginner.
        A step over or scissors works well if you're a bit more advanced.
        Youtube has great demos if you need.
        Good luck.

Comment

Dear Talking Soccer,
          You would be much better off writing to Dear Abby for such genuinely important advice

Comment

BTDT, I'm sure you didn't start this thread, but I'm wondering what your opinion of it is? Do you think TS is a good place to seek this kind of advice when one is disgruntled? Do you imagine that a family that has been with a club like Stars (or NEFC) for several years would be clueless about alternatives in the "environment," in the "landscape"? And do you imagine that such a family would turn to TS for their answers? Or do you think there is any chance this thread is a fiction and started just to be provocative? And why do you think the Stars are still getting the lion's share of attention on TS when they have fallen on hard times and are but a shell of themselves? Hopefully you will answer all of these questions and not just offer a snarky reply to one of them out of context.

Finally, do you think what happens on TS has any impact on the "environment" and the choices that folks make?
            Not who you think so I'm going to ignore the first sentence and pretend the whole post is an open question. Why not gather opinions here? Does listening to other people's thoughts/advice on a topic somehow threaten you? Are you that insecure a person that you can't bare the thought of someone giving you advice that you don't agree with? Most people just process advice and disregard what they don't need but you seem to have turned attacking opinions into a cottage industry.

The amusing thing about you is you seem to spend all of your time here trying to defend choices like going to a D3 school or belonging to a Stars team as though belonging to one of those groups defines who you are and what your child is capable of. You are so wrapped up into defending the prestige of groups you lose site of what the individuals in them accomplish or don't. In the end, true leaders/successful people don't let group think define them or their actions they define it for the group. It doesn't matter whether you go to Mass Bay Community College or play for some town soccer team it all comes down to the individual, what they bring to the table and how hard they are willing to work for what they want. Have a great day. :)

Comment

You are obviously out and about this morning so your avoidance of this is interesting to say the least....especially since you took the trouble to initiate this latest (well, second to latest) ridiculous thread.

Do you dream about Stars too?

Comment

Not who you think so I'm going to ignore the first sentence and pretend the whole post is an open question. Why not gather opinions here? Does listening to other people's thoughts/advice on a topic somehow threaten you? Are you that insecure a person that you can't bare the thought of someone giving you advice that you don't agree with? Most people just process advice and disregard what they don't need but you seem to have turned attacking opinions into a cottage industry.

The amusing thing about you is you seem to spend all of your time here trying to defend choices like going to a D3 school or belonging to a Stars team as though belonging to one of those groups defines who you are and what your child is capable of. You are so wrapped up into defending the prestige of groups you lose site of what the individuals in them accomplish or don't. In the end, true leaders/successful people don't let group think define them or their actions they define it for the group. It doesn't matter whether you go to Mass Bay Community College or play for some town soccer team it all comes down to the individual, what they bring to the table and how hard they are willing to work for what they want. Have a great day. :)
                Yet another obvious confession. Do you really think anyone falls for the "not who you think" garbage.

Resolve your issues with your Dad once and for all. Your whole deal here is basically a cry out to him, trying to explain that you were never elite like he thought you should have been and were always only "meat on a hook." And hence the desperate saga of needing to produce a child that is elite to please the father and expunge yourself from your own self-perceived failings, and hence the ridiculous and obvious punishment of the other kid.

Comment

LOL, BTNT. Not only did you avoid the first sentence. You totally avoided the content of all of the questions in the post, which were all serious and legit questions to ask. We'd all still love to hear your serious reply to the content...because, we all know, you are really all about focusing on the content.

Comment

You both sound like a couple of whiny school girls. No use looking for any real information on this site. All there seems to be here is a bunch of immature people looking to promote their own agenda and unwilling to offer anything of substance.

Comment

You both sound like a couple of whiny school girls. No use looking for any real information on this site. All there seems to be here is a bunch of immature people looking to promote their own agenda and unwilling to offer anything of substance.
                      I thought the suggestion of some moves was helpful...

Comment

You prove my point. Thanks for the insight and more than helpful suggestion.

Comment

You are correct. There is someone promoting his agenda and that's why we perseveratively get threads like this. Posing that there is real content to discuss here is a complete joke. The thread is a joke. The poster who keeps posting these ridiculous and pure hate threads should be banned. Permanently.

Comment

You are correct. There is someone promoting his agenda and that's why we perseveratively get threads like this. Posing that there is real content to discuss here is a complete joke. The thread is a joke. The poster who keeps posting these ridiculous and pure hate threads should be banned. Permanently.
                            Except that you are flat out incorrect that the person who actually started the thread and the person you like to blame for every post on the forum are the same.

Sometimes things are just what they are, simple questions to promote discussion and other times they ARE intended to piss people off. On an anonymous forum there is no way to tell a lot about the identities and motives of others but I would bet that as long as nut jobs like you respond with posts like above you will continue to see the later a whole heck of a lot more than the former.

Comment

Except that you are flat out incorrect that the person who actually started the thread and the person you like to blame for every post on the forum are the same.

Sometimes things are just what they are, simple questions to promote discussion and other times they ARE intended to piss people off. On an anonymous forum there is no way to tell a lot about the identities and motives of others but I would bet that as long as nut jobs like you respond with posts like above you will continue to see the later a whole heck of a lot more than the former.
                              Thanks for lying yet again, BTNT. Your boldness is noteworthy, though, given the degree to which you have been exposed in recent weeks. You are a remarkably small man and seriously clueless about the damage you have done to yourself.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X