Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    NEP they should be looking at past performance, does a team need to move up stay were they are or move down. Only when they start doing this they will return to being the quality league they were 3 years ago.
    They are. The teams that were first in second in my son's U11 bracket from the fall moved up a division for Spring. They replaced the bottom two from the higher division.

Comment

NEP they should be looking at past performance, does a team need to move up stay were they are or move down. Only when they start doing this they will return to being the quality league they were 3 years ago.
      I agree with this post but soccer has changed and is just about the money. In my opinion the only true teams are the town base leagues that have roster restrictions " set rosters, roster freeze dates no club or guest passes.
      Until club team rosters are managed like at the town level you really never have a true team, you have an ever revolving player pool.

Comment

Despite having Got Soccer and their own score books to look/compair past history of scores and performance of all age groups why does there seem to be so many blow outs in third and lower brackets in NEP ? Who's really to blame here for a 13-0 or 8-1 game. Doc's, nep ?
        The root cause is the result of smart business people realizing they could get a cut of registration fees instead of Maple if they convinced all that Maple is a second rate league.
        Mission accomplished and now they are the equivalent to Maple, a weak, town-team filled operation, but they don't care.
        It has nothing to do with the product on the pitch and don't be misled by the shills.
        Follow the money-it dictates every move made in Mass youth soccer

Comment

It's the same exact problem in all of the MA leagues. Not sure if it's greed, arrogance or what, but we have way too many leagues in MA and because of this every league is watered down with the top 3 or 4 of each bracket being fairly strong and the remaining teams being much weaker and getting blown out each week. It's a disservice to all of our kids. Many have jumped to other clubs because they are in different leagues only to find out it is exactly the same situation. It really is a shame.
          It is a sports thing, not a soccer thing! Same exact issues in hockey.

Comment

Team placement is not an exact science. Even with input from DOC's, coaches, and prior season records, teams and players do not progress in a nice linear and predictable fashion.

In short seasons it is difficult to adjust placements mid-season. Aside from the difficulty in adjusting schedules, one has to deal with clubs, coaches and parents.

A one or two game sample might not be meaningful, e.g. a team is blown out two weeks in a row. Is the team being blown out misplaced or are the teams winning by such huge margins misplaced?

Is there the possibility to move any teams? Assume lowest division, a team has not been challenged in its first two games (winning by blowouts). In the next higher division all of the games were decided by at most one goal (i.e. there were some ties). There are no teams to move down to make room for the "strong" team.

With the club pass, it is possible to make player adjustments and hopefully adjust teams so as to make the games worthwhile for all teams and players. Again one will have to deal with parents who will not be thrilled with moving their child to the weaker team even if such is in the best interest of the child's long term development.

Comment

My feelings are hurt~

And an F for originality. If you're going to insult someone, at least have the decency to make a half-hearted attempt. After all, entertainment value on this site matters.
              Because you've already gotten more attention than you deserve, and I was not insulting you, just stating the obvious.

Comment

Despite having Got Soccer and their own score books to look/compair past history of scores and performance of all age groups why does there seem to be so many blow outs in third and lower brackets in NEP ? Who's really to blame here for a 13-0 or 8-1 game. Doc's, nep ?
                Mid-year it's tough to say... So many of the clubs add players to their teams mid-year that you can't accurately determine placements. If there was an even match in the Fall between two U11 teams, but one team stays the same and the other team adds 3 ringers to their roster... well, ta-dah! Instant blowout... Especially at the young ages where goals are relatively easy to come by. The question you ask does remain as to where blame is to go... but I can understand how it's a difficult thing to decipher. Is the coach/DOC not communicating to the League? Is the League not caring / not hearing out the DOC's? Are there too many coaches over the years who have talked their way into higher or lower divisions that the League ignores them now? Likely all of the above comes into play. As someone else mentioned, those games really aren't helping anyone.

Comment

I say NEP is to blame, teams apply to play in a given group but NEP approves it.
                  I look at gf/ga ratio.
                  U13G Championship group BRUNO UNITED FC GU12 allowed to play up. After 4 games
                  GF 1, GA 36
                  https://events.gotsport.com/events/r...r=Girls&Age=13

Comment

I say NEP is to blame, teams apply to play in a given group but NEP approves it.
                    I look at gf/ga ratio.
                    U13G Championship group BRUNO UNITED FC GU12 allowed to play up. After 4 games
                    GF 1, GA 36
                    https://events.gotsport.com/events/r...r=Girls&Age=13
                    OP here. I tend to agree with this post along the most and see valid points with all the preceding post. Without trying to single out your example, why would this team not be moved into appropriate competitive bracket by game 4 ? This tells me two things
                    1) nep does not monitor the brackets at all
                    2) the coach or doc of that particular team
                    A. Has a different agenda
                    B. Does not consider oppositions time to be of any value
                    C. Has no clue of nep rules or is a dad coach perhaps

Comment

OP here. I tend to agree with this post along the most and see valid points with all the preceding post. Without trying to single out your example, why would this team not be moved into appropriate competitive bracket by game 4 ? This tells me two things
                      1) nep does not monitor the brackets at all
                      2) the coach or doc of that particular team
                      A. Has a different agenda
                      B. Does not consider oppositions time to be of any value
                      C. Has no clue of nep rules or is a dad coach perhaps
                      One of the teams that beat them was a U13 team from the same club.
                      They lost 7 to 0 and I would bet the real U13 team was not allowed to score any more goals seeing they are in second place in that grouping after 4 games.
                      Good job NEP.

Comment

It's possible they may have been trying to limit travel. Looks like they finished 2nd in the U12 Championship Division in the fall. If they wanted more of a challenge, they could have moved up to U12 Premiership, but the teams in that division are located all over the map, so lots of travel. Unfortunately, no League level in U13 to move into. Must be tough on those girls....

Comment

It's possible they may have been trying to limit travel. Looks like they finished 2nd in the U12 Championship Division in the fall. If they wanted more of a challenge, they could have moved up to U12 Premiership, but the teams in that division are located all over the map, so lots of travel. Unfortunately, no League level in U13 to move into. Must be tough on those girls....
                          So if they did not want to travel NEP put there needs before the other teams in that group. Makes NEP sound even worse to me. I can not stand Ulittle teams that play up an age instead of up a level once again NEP is at fault there league they are in control.

Comment

NEP stands for Now Everyone Plays

Comment

NEP stands for Now Everyone Plays
                              "Pays"

Comment

BRUNO UNITED FC GU12 Playing U13 loose 11 - 1

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X