Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You make good points. Here is another table of information, from another source, on Ohio State:

Test Scores -- 25th / 75th Percentile
    SAT Critical Reading: 540 / 660
    SAT Math: 610 / 720
    SAT Writing: 550 / 660
    ACT Composite: 27 / 31
    ACT English: 26 / 32
    ACT Math: 26 / 31
    ACT Writing: 8 / 9

And, FWIW, here is a link to a table that compares all Big 10 schools' SAT scores: http://collegeapps.about.com/od/sat/...sat-scores.htm
    Interesting with Northwestern and Michigan States as outliers, Michigan and Maryland bring up the top two spots. Anyone else surprised that Penn State wasn't top 3?

Comment

Interesting with Northwestern and Michigan States as outliers, Michigan and Maryland bring up the top two spots. Anyone else surprised that Penn State wasn't top 3?
      They are top 3 in child molestation.

Comment

I think this Ohio State data is in error. As much as I am willing to believe they would let in anybody who weighs 300 lbs and can bench press a pickup truck I think it is more likely that 100 scores were entered as "-550" when they should have been entered "+550".
        I'm not an Ohio State fan but I believe the data. It's no secret that OSU has upped its academic game over the last 20 years. Additionally, it's one of the leading research institutions in the country. The school reeks of money even though most public schools are in a bind right now.

Northwestern is an outlier in more ways than one. It's always been one of the top academic institutions in the Midwest, if not the country. It's also the only private school in the Big 10.

Comment

I'm not an Ohio State fan but I believe the data. It's no secret that OSU has upped its academic game over the last 20 years. Additionally, it's one of the leading research institutions in the country. The school reeks of money even though most public schools are in a bind right now.

Northwestern is an outlier in more ways than one. It's always been one of the top academic institutions in the Midwest, if not the country. It's also the only private school in the Big 10.
          I think you missed the point. The issue for Ohio State is that there is a large block of very very low SAT scores dragging down the average to below the middle 50%. Think about how low those scores would need to be to do that. Howe are those students doing at Ohio State, you think?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X