Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need sound advice

Hello, I wonder if anyone can help me out. We just moved to Porstmouth RI from Texas. I heard they have a really good town program, have won a few state cups and do very well in the MAPLE league y'all have here. Should I stick with them or travel to nearby Mass for one of the club teams there? If I do can you recommend which club we should pursue. BTW she is U15 and a big strong striker.

Hilarious!! Can't make this stuff up!!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Hilarious!! Can't make this stuff up!!
      First clue - no one in their right mind would come to TS looking for "sound advice"!

Comment

First clue - no one in their right mind would come to TS looking for "sound advice"!
        No one in their right mind would ever think the OP was nothing but a troll.

Comment

Hello, I wonder if anyone can help me out. We just moved to Porstmouth RI from Texas. I heard they have a really good town program, have won a few state cups and do very well in the MAPLE league y'all have here. Should I stick with them or travel to nearby Mass for one of the club teams there? If I do can you recommend which club we should pursue. BTW she is U15 and a big strong striker.
          Does she have pace and can she boot it?

Comment

Wouldn't it have been easier to just answer the question about what state your were from in the other thread?

BTNT, do you truly have nothing better to do? Couldn't your time be better spent polishing your father's and your daughter's trophies? Or preparing your commencement speech for MCLA?

Comment

Wouldn't it have been easier to just answer the question about what state your were from in the other thread?

BTNT, do you truly have nothing better to do? Couldn't your time be better spent polishing your father's and your daughter's trophies? Or preparing your commencement speech for MCLA?
              Fishy will jump at anything that is bright and shiny! Lol!

Comment

OMG! My side hurts from laughing so hard. I'll play along though. Yes Portsmouth does well in the very small state of RI, and probably the most micro managed(cough cough) State Associations. They are one of the towns that does well at the town traveling/club level, and I believe has had some success at the 3 star tournaments(1-5), and have produced some really good players that play in the bigger more competative leagues sponsored by US Club Soccer and USYS and their regional/National leagues, like ECNL, NPL NEP, MAPLE,Etc. They are town parent run with a board, and volunteers, and I believe a few paid positions. They have had coaches from Big Clubs or organizations like UKElite and Challenger with solid backgrounds at the ULittle- Tween come in and direct the training, and work with the parent coaches and emphasize coaching education(in house and through state licenses), and strong organization top to bottom. To put it into a Texas club comparison. They are not LoneStar, Sting Or the Texans. Portsmouth would have a few of their coaches running technical training sessions for the U5-14s, and helping the volunteer coaches by preparing sessions and being around to help and coach them when they play. May have 4-6 teams and run the practices of all, with the volunteer coach, and makes a game or two each week. If your looking for Lonestar, Texans, Sting level then you should check out NEFC in SouthEast Mass/North East RI, Bayside Bolts, FC Stars, Bruno United, Tidal Wave, Rams FC, and in that order. The closest you will come to the model, level, coaching experience, league competitiveness/playing level, of those Texas clubs in that area of RI is NEFC( much more of a presence in the area, and more of a track record), Bayside Bolts(good track record on boys side, and girls getting better)and FC Stars( ECNL club, but just began in the area, ECNL club trains 1.5 hrs away). The rest are smaller clubs that are not run as well, or had the success of those 3. If you're looking for a good place to start with younger than 12, and you want smart age appropriate training with less of a commitment from the multi spirt athletes then Portsmouth is a good place to start, and you can figure out the New England Soccer Landscape. Good luck in the move, and bring snow boots.

Comment

You can't go wrong with Bose.

Comment

OMG! My side hurts from laughing so hard. I'll play along though. Yes Portsmouth does well in the very small state of RI, and probably the most micro managed(cough cough) State Associations. They are one of the towns that does well at the town traveling/club level, and I believe has had some success at the 3 star tournaments(1-5), and have produced some really good players that play in the bigger more competative leagues sponsored by US Club Soccer and USYS and their regional/National leagues, like ECNL, NPL NEP, MAPLE,Etc. They are town parent run with a board, and volunteers, and I believe a few paid positions. They have had coaches from Big Clubs or organizations like UKElite and Challenger with solid backgrounds at the ULittle- Tween come in and direct the training, and work with the parent coaches and emphasize coaching education(in house and through state licenses), and strong organization top to bottom. To put it into a Texas club comparison. They are not LoneStar, Sting Or the Texans. Portsmouth would have a few of their coaches running technical training sessions for the U5-14s, and helping the volunteer coaches by preparing sessions and being around to help and coach them when they play. May have 4-6 teams and run the practices of all, with the volunteer coach, and makes a game or two each week. If your looking for Lonestar, Texans, Sting level then you should check out NEFC in SouthEast Mass/North East RI, Bayside Bolts, FC Stars, Bruno United, Tidal Wave, Rams FC, and in that order. The closest you will come to the model, level, coaching experience, league competitiveness/playing level, of those Texas clubs in that area of RI is NEFC( much more of a presence in the area, and more of a track record), Bayside Bolts(good track record on boys side, and girls getting better)and FC Stars( ECNL club, but just began in the area, ECNL club trains 1.5 hrs away). The rest are smaller clubs that are not run as well, or had the success of those 3. If you're looking for a good place to start with younger than 12, and you want smart age appropriate training with less of a commitment from the multi spirt athletes then Portsmouth is a good place to start, and you can figure out the New England Soccer Landscape. Good luck in the move, and bring snow boots.
                    Even though I know this thread is pure BS and troll driven, let me interject. We can argue all day about the top three on your list but it's all marginally semantic. Why Tidal Wave and Rams are even in your list is a little bizarre though. Only clubs with teams at every age should be on any list. The absence of GPS and Nova from the list seems a little odd

Comment

Thank you for the well thought sincere post. I will take your advice to heart. Someone told me not to waste my time on this site but you have truly proved me wrong!

Comment

Thank you for the well thought sincere post. I will take your advice to heart. Someone told me not to waste my time on this site but you have truly proved me wrong!
                        You are an idiot, and a liar.

Comment

You are an idiot, and a liar.
                          ?????? why are you being so hateful?

Comment

Outside of spending the day on the sidelines with a bunch of Stars parents this site provides the most focused advice on most any soccer topic.

Comment

?????? why are you being so hateful?
                              Seriously? The "y'all" didn't help your cause in trying to pretend to be from Texas.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X