Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I've been thinking of making the jump to NEFC for awhile now. NEFC south, southcoast, and Rhode Island are all within a 30 minute drive. Any word on what team tends to field stronger competition? We are smack in between all 3.
    Depends on age and gender.

Went to NEFC SC/RI this year, girls, and have never been happier.

Comment

Also girls but young academy child. Waiting to see if there are teams at all 3 locations for u10 next fall.

Comment

Depends on age and gender.

Went to NEFC SC/RI this year, girls, and have never been happier.
        Most of the SC and RI teams are merged already, and my guess is that test will merge in the next year or two. For the most part this region's teams is stronger than South teams.

Comment

Most of the SC and RI teams are merged already, and my guess is that test will merge in the next year or two. For the most part this region's teams is stronger than South teams.
          nefc rhode island sucks u15

Comment

nefc rhode island sucks u15
            1-0-2 in Premiership is still better than South's GU15 team ... which doesn't exist.

Comment

Was True, Not now

Do the older NEFC Elite and Premier teams include players from satellite teams (South, South Coast, Rhode Island)? I'm wondering if there is truth to the statement that players on satellite teams in all clubs get overlooked.
              Speaking from experience with NEFC GU18 and GPS GU12. There is some historic truth to the regional players being overlooked, but it is no longer the case.

Following mergers (3-4 years ago) the NEFC Elite teams were made mostly from original NEFC (Central) rosters. It was hard to break-in. Coaches were transparent that player had to be clearly better than A STARTER. The risk of disrupting team chemistry was not worth the reward of upgrading a sub. Today it is much different. Both GPS and NEFC have well defined processes include and expose regional/satellite players to Elite teams and other development opportunities.

For those that are wondering why one child plays with NEFC and the other GPS, the answer is that's where their friends play. I would recommend both clubs.

Comment

I really don't care, but for factual clarity, the NEFC U18 Elite Girls had almost zero Central players. It came almost intact from Scorpions. So the poster probably is not from the team.

Comment

I really don't care, but for factual clarity, the NEFC U18 Elite Girls had almost zero Central players. It came almost intact from Scorpions. So the poster probably is not from the team.
                  Which substantially came intact from the Bolts

Comment

Originally posted by Yablu View Post
                    Speaking from experience with NEFC GU18 and GPS GU12. There is some historic truth to the regional players being overlooked, but it is no longer the case.

Following mergers (3-4 years ago) the NEFC Elite teams were made mostly from original NEFC (Central) rosters. It was hard to break-in. Coaches were transparent that player had to be clearly better than A STARTER. The risk of disrupting team chemistry was not worth the reward of upgrading a sub. Today it is much different. Both GPS and NEFC have well defined processes include and expose regional/satellite players to Elite teams and other development opportunities.

For those that are wondering why one child plays with NEFC and the other GPS, the answer is that's where their friends play. I would recommend both clubs.
                    From my experience with NEFC girls side, unless your daughter is big and fast, you can't break in to the Elite teams.

Comment

From my experience with NEFC girls side, unless your daughter is big and fast, you can't break in to the Elite teams.
                      Spot on but name a top team that isn't like that.

Comment

Funny, you must not have watched many of the NEFC teams play because the Elite U17's and U18's both have quite a few players on the smallish side.

Comment

1-0-2 in Premiership is still better than South's GU15 team ... which doesn't exist.
                          You mean 1-2-0. They lost 2 games

Comment

Funny, you must not have watched many of the NEFC teams play because the Elite U17's and U18's both have quite a few players on the smallish side.
                            Sure but were they big at u12.
                            I think the main criticism is around development versus recruiting talent.

Comment

Which substantially came intact from the Bolts
                              Nefc Elite 18's right now is far from being the intact group from bolts or scorpions. It is a mix of western part of the state and south shore players. About 4-5 former Bolts players are on the team and a total of 50% of what scorpions used to be. 7 of them never played for Bolts or scorpions. Therefore the answer is yes, the model is working and this team is a very strong mix of players from all regions.

Comment

Sure but were they big at u12.
                                I think the main criticism is around development versus recruiting talent.
                                Really have you actually looked at some of the players you are talking about? As 17-18 year olds they are only around 5' tall so how tall were they when they were 11-12?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X