X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What are the benefits of either?
    Either way the benefits only come if your kid is good enough to qualify for the regional pool. Try ODP at 12/13. If your kid gets selected to participate in the regional pool then stay with it and IDP along with all of the other benefits will come with it. If they don't get selected after 2 years stop doing ODP and give up thinking about IDP because soccer is not likely to open doors for your child. By then it will be time to start thinking about how you are going to afford college and you'll need to start counting your pennies.

Comment

ID2 and ODP

Originally posted by header View Post
      Thank you for your feedback. ID2 anyone?
      ODP for our son has proven to be a great program. I will say, the age group your son or daughter plays will make a difference. Pay to play is an interesting remark. It costs us less for ODP than our sons premiere club. There is no comparison in the training or the level of play when we compare it to the club he plays for now. It has given him so much confidence, some really wonderful boys who are extremely talented to play with and so far the best coaching he has ever had. It may be watered down at U-16 and up because most of the best players at that age will leave and move on to academy or top clubs like MPS/GPS. By the way, ODP is only $1,500.00. Coaching for our sons age group is incredible. If you are really interested and your comment isn't just another way to knock down ODP look on line, the calendar shows when all the age groups play and the times. Go watch a training session in Lancaster and see for yourself. The proof is in the pudding.

Comment

ID2 and ODP

Originally posted by header View Post
        Thank you for your feedback. ID2 anyone?
        that is funny. It sounds like your sub par ODP players are playing with kids who aren't good enough to play at the ODP level or premiere. I will leave it at that. Kick and run soccer isn't a good fit for any ODP player.

Comment

ID2 and ODP

Just my opinion on ODP. From what I understand, it was a really good program years ago. My opinion is only based on a few example of ODP players that have been on my kids teams. In all three cases the ODP players were sub par performers and where second string at best. So, this tells me that ODP has become more of a business and is bringing in kids that probably aren't good enough for what the program was originally intended to be.
          that is funny. It sounds like your sub par ODP players are playing with kids who aren't good enough to play at the ODP level or premiere. I will leave it at that. Kick and run soccer isn't a good fit for any ODP player.

Comment

Just my opinion on ODP. From what I understand, it was a really good program years ago. My opinion is only based on a few example of ODP players that have been on my kids teams. In all three cases the ODP players were sub par performers and where second string at best. So, this tells me that ODP has become more of a business and is bringing in kids that probably aren't good enough for what the program was originally intended to be.
            3 subpar ODP players. Interesting. What I like about ODP is that they look for skill and not necessarily size and strength. The drills are mostly small sided possession with emphasis on technique and speed. If your child plays on a premier team with subpar coaching then OPD worth every penny. If your child already on a top team with good coaching maybe not as valuable. Another plus of ODP is that you are surrounded with talent and emphasis is on playing good soccer. Don't listen to coaches that hate to lose players to better training than their own. Most coaches just think about themselves not the long term development of any child. Look at the ODP training schedule for your child's age and go take a look at training at Lancaster. Watch a session and judge for your self.

Comment

ODP for our son has proven to be a great program. I will say, the age group your son or daughter plays will make a difference. Pay to play is an interesting remark. It costs us less for ODP than our sons premiere club. There is no comparison in the training or the level of play when we compare it to the club he plays for now. It has given him so much confidence, some really wonderful boys who are extremely talented to play with and so far the best coaching he has ever had. It may be watered down at U-16 and up because most of the best players at that age will leave and move on to academy or top clubs like MPS/GPS. By the way, ODP is only $1,500.00. Coaching for our sons age group is incredible. If you are really interested and your comment isn't just another way to knock down ODP look on line, the calendar shows when all the age groups play and the times. Go watch a training session in Lancaster and see for yourself. The proof is in the pudding.
              not all of the best players are represented in odp. Some even end up letting it get to their head (from parents I would guess) and end up worse for it when playing for their team (ball hogging, attitude, etc). The problem with the youth system is that identification isn't standardized because the system isn't standardized. That will be a long time coming but a major opportunity lost for overall development in this country.

Comment

ID2 and ODP

not all of the best players are represented in odp. Some even end up letting it get to their head (from parents I would guess) and end up worse for it when playing for their team (ball hogging, attitude, etc). The problem with the youth system is that identification isn't standardized because the system isn't standardized. That will be a long time coming but a major opportunity lost for overall development in this country.
                I would agree that not all the best players are represented in ODP and that also goes for every single club/academy out there. There will always be someone better. I haven't seen any ODP player let it go to their head as the team my son plays for has no ODP players on it. There is a lot of ball hogging on that team though and probably only 1 boy that could play at the ODP level well at least in my sons age group. Different years vary. I have seen that first hand. Our son absolutely loves it and right now his only decent option. He will try out for better clubs this spring. In the meantime, until there is something else that proves better for him I will continue to say it's the best thing that has happened for him as far as coaching and being surrounded by very skilled players.

Comment

I would agree that not all the best players are represented in ODP and that also goes for every single club/academy out there. There will always be someone better. I haven't seen any ODP player let it go to their head as the team my son plays for has no ODP players on it. There is a lot of ball hogging on that team though and probably only 1 boy that could play at the ODP level well at least in my sons age group. Different years vary. I have seen that first hand. Our son absolutely loves it and right now his only decent option. He will try out for better clubs this spring. In the meantime, until there is something else that proves better for him I will continue to say it's the best thing that has happened for him as far as coaching and being surrounded by very skilled players.
                  Being able to judge one's self against other players outside of one's club is often the most important elements of taking part in ODP. For some the insight is uplifting, for others it can be a humbling dose of reality. Both have their value.

Comment

ID2 and ODP

Being able to judge one's self against other players outside of one's club is often the most important elements of taking part in ODP. For some the insight is uplifting, for others it can be a humbling dose of reality. Both have their value.
                    So very true! And for our son and ourselves it has
                    Been very uplifting as he is extremely effective
                    At the ODP level and though he isn't the best on the team he's right up there
                    With The top 15. He is very ineffective with his
                    Club team of kick and run with absolutely no vision or possession
                    And his hope as well as ours (even though it means driving
                    Far ) is to find a team that plays real soccer and
                    Helps develop kids rather than foster strength
                    And speed and nothing else.

Comment

So very true! And for our son and ourselves it has
                      Been very uplifting as he is extremely effective
                      At the ODP level and though he isn't the best on the team he's right up there
                      With The top 15. He is very ineffective with his
                      Club team of kick and run with absolutely no vision or possession
                      And his hope as well as ours (even though it means driving
                      Far ) is to find a team that plays real soccer and
                      Helps develop kids rather than foster strength
                      And speed and nothing else.
                      You are buying the Koolaide because no such environment actually exists. A team never "makes" a player, the players are what makes the team. The individual either has the talents to make plays and feed off those created by others or they don't. If they need the "right" environment to bring their play out then by definition they are a role player who will always be used by coaches in a supporting cast role. In sports, players in supporting roles never advance up the player pyramid so if your son is already in a supporting cast role you should probably refocus his energies.

Comment

You are buying the Koolaide because no such environment actually exists. A team never "makes" a player, the players are what makes the team. The individual either has the talents to make plays and feed off those created by others or they don't. If they need the "right" environment to bring their play out then by definition they are a role player who will always be used by coaches in a supporting cast role. In sports, players in supporting roles never advance up the player pyramid so if your son is already in a supporting cast role you should probably refocus his energies.
                        Wow! Really! We will take your well thought out, and articulated advice under consideration. Maybe we will look at a couple of dramai clubs in the area. Thanks!

Comment

ID2 and ODP

You'd have to see it to believe it. It's that bad. How we picked
                          This club is beyond me. Just not knowing enough I guess.

I agree with some of your points. Our son
                          is developing at a pace that works for
                          Him and at a fantastic level with excellent coaching
                          And players. He is very happy and loves it and most importantly
                          Staying out of trouble and working hard but having fun at this level. Who knows Whats
                          To come at this point. Too young to know. The scrimmages at ODP do not even
                          Come close to the team games he has at the premier level.
                          Let's just say we picked the wrong club and will
                          Move on to something better. In the meantime we will
                          Enjoy watching ODP training and the scrimmages.

Comment

Wow! Really! We will take your well thought out, and articulated advice under consideration. Maybe we will look at a couple of dramai clubs in the area. Thanks!
                            You can thank our friend TZTZ for that generous and well-meaning assessment. He never disappoints.

Comment

The "environment" doesn't matter, and yet all you do is b%t#h about the "environment" and bitterly complain that the "environment" isn't serving your every need.

Comment

You can thank our friend TZTZ for that generous and well-meaning assessment. He never disappoints.
                                What's a TZTZ? I think you're chasing shadows.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X