• Show
Clear All

Dear Maple: The Fat Lady is Singing

It's better to burn out then fade away. my my, hey hey

All right
    I got something to say
    Yeah, it's better to burn out
    than fade away ...

So, why are Maple fading away this time?

Comment

Thanks to NEP being a monopoly tool for the big clubs, Maple isn't going away. In fact, it will grow and the bigger clubs in Maple now (Valeo, AVSC) will grow because they are now the big dogs. There are still plenty of high level teams in Maple. The divisions overall may be weak, but most of the D1s have two or three very good teams that will play Maple, Region 1 and State cup and everyone will be perfectly happy.

Now if NEP opens its doors to some more of these clubs we'll have a different story.

Comment

As long as their are smaller premier clubs, Maple will exist and have its place. Now whether or not the smaller clubs can all survive that is another question. I see a lot of merging and dissolving happening, which is fine if there are two Maple clubs merging, but if they get merged and swallowed by an NEP club, then Maple loses them, and the amount of clubs in Maple could continue to dwindle.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          As long as their are smaller premier clubs, Maple will exist and have its place. Now whether or not the smaller clubs can all survive that is another question. I see a lot of merging and dissolving happening, which is fine if there are two Maple clubs merging, but if they get merged and swallowed by an NEP club, then Maple loses them, and the amount of clubs in Maple could continue to dwindle.
          Big clubs come in and they grow. And then they grow too much and their practices move to a central location become inconvenient for parents to go to so a new smaller club is formed. These are often the athletic kids that play multiple sports.

This is how the Kings in Framingham were formed. They are quite good because they are the girls from Natick and Sherborn/Dover area.

Comment

Big clubs come in and they grow. And then they grow too much and their practices move to a central location become inconvenient for parents to go to so a new smaller club is formed. These are often the athletic kids that play multiple sports.

This is how the Kings in Framingham were formed. They are quite good because they are the girls from Natick and Sherborn/Dover area.
            who should be playing for Breakers or NEFC

Comment

Thanks to NEP being a monopoly tool for the big clubs, Maple isn't going away. In fact, it will grow and the bigger clubs in Maple now (Valeo, AVSC) will grow because they are now the big dogs. There are still plenty of high level teams in Maple. The divisions overall may be weak, but most of the D1s have two or three very good teams that will play Maple, Region 1 and State cup and everyone will be perfectly happy.

Now if NEP opens its doors to some more of these clubs we'll have a different story.
              Another Maple club will soon be absorbed by an NEP giant within a few weeks. Stay tuned!!

Comment

Another Maple club will soon be absorbed by an NEP giant within a few weeks. Stay tuned!!
                I hope it's Kings FC. They've got a good marketing presence on this site. Too bad it doesn't match reality.

Comment

I hope it's Kings FC. They've got a good marketing presence on this site. Too bad it doesn't match reality.
                  Why not just spill the beans. who really cares if you do

Comment

Why not just spill the beans. who really cares if you do
                    X2, this site may be down again when your ready to release the news. How will we ever find out.

Comment

no beans to spill - rumor has been out there since Dec - north shore united - SF has been trying to find a buyer at his price and also secure a nice title and paycheck - i guess some sucker fell for it...

Comment

save you money and play in BAYS instead.

Comment

2 large NEP clubs merging also. Could be quite significant if it happens.

Comment

Maple sucks, the kids that play in this league are terrible. Maple parents are idiots.

Comment

um...sure...ok...that statement shows how much of an idiot you are I would say. Sounds like you got dropped on your head a few too many times as a baby

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X