Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why do organizations fire PR spokes people when they do something deemed inappropriate, the answer is because their actions reflect badly on that brand. The transfer issue is no different. If Fred is going to continue to market his club by drawing attention to ECNL commitments (presumably because his club no longer has any of their own worth making a big deal about) then when those kids end up transferring then it will reflect poorly on not only his league but also his club.
    Too funny. So does that mean we can fire you since you touted your first kid's journey day and night ith entire threads devoted to it and which culminated in a transfer???

Comment

Perhaps the transfers are the result of the recruiting cycle happening too early. To blame it on the club is likely mistaken.

I wonder if the D3 transfer rate for recruited players is less than the D1 transfer rate. Since D3 recruiting happens later, my guess is that the student is in a better position to assess the true fit of the school.
      I would expect that the D3 transfer rate is much lower, because soccer is a lower priority than it is for D1 players. At D3, if a kid is not playing as much as she likes, she simply stops playing and picks up another activity or perhaps hits the books.

Comment

Here's a concept - if it is true that there are more transfers among ECNL players or those that have traveled further away for college - and I don't know - perhaps there are more transfers BECAUSE THOSE PLAYERS ARE MARKETABLE ON THE TRANSFER MARKET.

Maybe other players quit the team or stick it out at a school that ends up to be a poor fit - whatever the reason.

When the players are successful at their second school do the naysayers give them credit?

I see the transfer rate among soccer players to be better than those in my son's high school class who were not recruited athletes.

Comment

Perhaps the transfers are the result of the recruiting cycle happening too early. To blame it on the club is likely mistaken.

I wonder if the D3 transfer rate for recruited players is less than the D1 transfer rate. Since D3 recruiting happens later, my guess is that the student is in a better position to assess the true fit of the school.
          Well if the club is out there taking credit for the commitment shouldn't they also take some of the blame?

D3 players are an entirely different animal. One usually settles for a D3 spot after chasing other options and finding they didn't work for them so by the nature of that process you would think that more thought and evaluation would have gone into the decision and expect the transfer rate to reflect that.

Comment

Well if the club is out there taking credit for the commitment shouldn't they also take some of the blame?

D3 players are an entirely different animal. One usually settles for a D3 spot after chasing other options and finding they didn't work for them so by the nature of that process you would think that more thought and evaluation would have gone into the decision and expect the transfer rate to reflect that.
            Why do you think there is always a negative connotation to a transfer and are always quick to assign "blame"? You must be a real barrell of fun to hang out with.

Comment

Why do you think there is always a negative connotation to a transfer and are always quick to assign "blame"? You must be a real barrell of fun to hang out with.
              Seems pretty reasonable to assume that players having success in a program or liking the school they are attending usually don't transfer.

Comment

Here's another one of your gross and fundamental misunderstandings. MOST D3 players did not pursue other options and "settle." MOST knew they were better fits for D3 all along. MOST are positively giddy about the opportunity to keep playing soccer at good schools at a reasonably high level.

Comment

Seems pretty reasonable to assume that players having success in a program or liking the school they are attending usually don't transfer.
                  You are a pathetically miserable human being, ZTZT.

Comment

Here's another one of your gross and fundamental misunderstandings. MOST D3 players did not pursue other options and "settle." MOST knew they were better fits for D3 all along. MOST are positively giddy about the opportunity to keep playing soccer at good schools at a reasonably high level.
                    Still trying to convince the forum your son's decision to go D3 as opposed D1 is the right choice? Why? Nobody cares. If D3 was right for your kid, Perspective, that's great for your kid. If someone else makes a different decision, why do you care? It's not your kid and whether they make a mistake or nothing to you.

Funny how you blame BTDT for trying to convince people that his way is the way to do it when you have been doing it for years now. I've always said that you constantly project onto others your own behavior. Thus is just another example.

And please do not bore the forum with another post of accusing me of being of being BTDT or whatever acronym you intend to use. I am a poster who had one kid go D3 and transfer to another D3 when the decision to change majors came about and another kid who went D1 and remained at the school all 4 years. Both played soccer. The D3 for 2 years before transferring. The D1 played all 4 years as did all of her classmates with one exception, a kid from the west coast.

Comment

D3 players aren't recruited, they are hatched by their parents fertile imagination. :)

Comment

Corrected by original poster.....

Still trying to convince the forum your son's decision to go D3 as opposed D1 is the right choice? Why? Nobody cares. If D3 was right for your kid, Perspective, that's great for your kid. If someone else makes a different decision, why do you care? It's not your kid and whether they make a mistake or not is nothing to you.

Funny how you blame BTDT for trying to convince people that his way is the way to do it when you have been doing it for years now. I've always said that you constantly project onto others your own behavior. Thus is just another example.

And please do not bore the forum with another post of accusing me of being of being BTDT or whatever acronym you intend to use. I am a poster who had one kid go D3 and transfer to another D3 when the decision to change majors came about and another kid who went D1 and remained at the school all 4 years. Both played soccer. The D3 for 2 years before transferring. The D1 played all 4 years as did all of her classmates with one exception, a kid from the west coast.

Comment

Corrected by original poster.....

Still trying to convince the forum your son's decision to go D3 as opposed D1 is the right choice? Why? Nobody cares. If D3 was right for your kid, Perspective, that's great for your kid. If someone else makes a different decision, why do you care? It's not your kid and whether they make a mistake or not is nothing to you.

Please don't "bore the forum" with your transparently asinine denials and lies, BTNT.

Comment

Please don't "bore the forum" with your transparently asinine denials and lies, BTNT.
                            Just can't control yourself, eh Perspective?

Comment

Just can't control yourself, eh Perspective?
                              The confirmation was unnecessary, BTNT. And I'm not P.

Comment

The confirmation was unnecessary, BTNT. And I'm not P.
                                Sorry, can't be more than one person as obsessed with BTDT as Perspective, but if you wish, I'll just refer to you as OCDman.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X