Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Drawer Soccer Combine

Anyone have any thoughts about topdrawersoccer combines. I'm thinking about signing my kids up.

topdrawersoccer.com/combines

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Anyone have any thoughts about topdrawersoccer combines. I'm thinking about signing my kids up.

topdrawersoccer.com/combines
    Me too, however my son is a freshmen, and is pretty small.

Comment

Is it free? That should answer your question!

Comment

What I keep hearing from friends is that their kids had fun as freshmen at the combine.

Comment

How small is your son? He will have time to develop physically and the combine will match him with peers of his age and older.

Comment

this is a scam.... worse kids attend

Comment

I have a freshman who is now inundated with emails from college Id events. He's not small and plays at a top club. But several friends who have been through the process recommended not doing such events this summer and use those dollars towards extra training. It's a bit too early as most coaches aren't interested in that age bracket yet (different for girls who are much earlier). If the kid is small and/or not ready to show well it may actually hurt. His knowledgeable coach agrees.

As for which are worth attending it is hard to say. Like I said he gets so many it's crazy, but we're kicking the can down the road to next year.

Comment

this is a scam.... worse kids attend
                "Worse kids attend" or "the worst kids attend"? What do you mean?

Comment

He's a boy. There are a lot of boys that are small as freshmen. If he isn't into puberty yet, and a lot of freshmen aren't, he'll be fine from a physical standpoint.

Keep in mind that Top Drawer Soccer is associated with the event. I always cast a wary eye on anything that that useless publication is associated with.

Comment

He's a boy. There are a lot of boys that are small as freshmen. If he isn't into puberty yet, and a lot of freshmen aren't, he'll be fine from a physical standpoint.

Keep in mind that Top Drawer Soccer is associated with the event. I always cast a wary eye on anything that that useless publication is associated with.
                    Might be better off attending one of the many other ID events in the area than that one

Comment

ID camps

There are ID camp listings by state now on collegeidcamps.net

Comment

I am going to keep going until they take my kid

Comment

I have a freshman who is now inundated with emails from college Id events. He's not small and plays at a top club. But several friends who have been through the process recommended not doing such events this summer and use those dollars towards extra training. It's a bit too early as most coaches aren't interested in that age bracket yet (different for girls who are much earlier). If the kid is small and/or not ready to show well it may actually hurt. His knowledgeable coach agrees.

As for which are worth attending it is hard to say. Like I said he gets so many it's crazy, but we're kicking the can down the road to next year.
                          Forget the combines. They are just money makers for promoters and they don't really deliver on their promises of delivering college coaches. Spend your money targeting the summer camps at a couple of "suspect" colleges to see what sort of fit your son might feel and reaction you might get from the coaches. Familiarity often is a very beneficial thing when coaches get down to actually recruiting players.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X